"channel is crypted, please check your rights" bug with 4.0

Benjamin D

Hi Gents,

I installed 4.0 today to upgrade from 3.9.2. I have a floppy DTV S2 card with CI and a Canal+ subscriber card. Config is Core 2 Duo E8200 + 2 Go, Windows MCE 2005 SP3, 2600XT.

Here is the bug I have : turning to the channels I have a subscription for, such as Canal+, Canal+ Sport, etc. I get quite regularly a 'MyCam' page with message "channel is crypted, please check your rights", or "audio is crypted, please check your rights", with choices : menu, back, etc. The channel will display in the small box on the top right. When I press OK, the screen will disappear and I will get to watch the channel, but this is very annoying.

I have the same behavior/bug on 3.9.4. Using 3.9.2, everything is fine and I have no such issue.

I rescanned Astra several times, no change.

Does anyone have a clue ?

Thanks in advance.

support.zip

Ok got it - what type of settings do you have in mind, besides subscription rights which are fine ?

I don't get any CAM message in 3.9.2, just 3.9.4 and 4.0 - does that indicate something special I should check in the Cam area ?

I checked all available settings : langage, subcription rights, parental code, etc. Everything is fine. I still have that "check your rights" message from time to time.

Any idea where I could look ? Again, no such message on 3.9.2

Thanks

Similar problem here

There are some channels (e.g. Mediaset) which are fta most of the time but occasionally are crypted and then trigger MyCam menu.

This is a normal behavior,so not a bug, but is quite annoying..

Is there a way to prevent MyCam menu from showing ?

thank you

There are some providers (e.g. Mediaset) which broadcast FTA most of the time but occasionally crypt some channels.

Zapping on a crypted channel cause MyCam menu to popup (if you have a CAM module plugged in).

This is a normal behavior,so not a bug, but is quite annoying..

Is there a way to prevent MyCam menu from showing ?

thank you

OK - I'm going back to that thread a little late.

I still have the MyCam menu popping up randomly, that I remove pressing enter.

As far as the mycam.xml file, I have no idea what it's for... Have you tried playing with it ?