Disable Display on recording

Flepp

Hello

This is my first post.

I would like to know if it is possible to drop the cpu usage to a minimal level when recording . ex disable video display.

What are the minimum requirements for recording and multiplexing in realtime ?

Best regards

Guest Michael

i don't think that the cpu usage would be lower if video display is off.. because the video stream must also be encoded during the recording...

a possibilitie would be to turn off the video stream when someone minimises DVBViewer .... ( of couse when he do not record sth ... )

@christian... can you only decode an audio stream when there is also a video stram ? because i think only video decoding uses much pc power... an sometimes i only hear the audio stream ( DVBViewer is minimized) from viva or sth like that...

michael :D

Guest hackbart

I was writing a comand line tool to be able to record mpegs, without playing them . The results are fine, less than ~1% cpu power is required.

Christian

ps: this tool will be also published in the commercial version

Hello Christian,

What I just want to know is, does the command line tool include the embedded multiplexer ?

If yes and if it works so far, would it be possible to release it now. I would like to record a movie today. And I don´t want to have the problems of async. any more. So please ... .

BTW, I hope your exam is more interesting then mine :D

steffen

Guest hackbart

unluckily i started the ac3 recording on friday and the minirecording tool is atm not compileable. I would really continue working on it, but i'm a bit under pressure. The exam tomorrow will be my last before i'm allowed to write my final thesis.

Christian

PS: I was stationed at Wildflecken too, from 96-97. Quite boring small village :D

i know what u meen, when u say "i'm a bit under pressure"

5 minutes ago, i read the last page of my file for the first time since i wrote it. My exam will be soon - to soon i fear :)

If you pass your exam, u maybe drop a note about it and an other short one, what was is about...

so good luck ... my file is waiting

steffen

PS: what was your unit, when you were in Wildfleckcity :D It was a really boring time with a long way to meal.