Hauppage NOVA-TD Multi Tuner

newera

Hi all,

I got a Hauppgauge NOVA-TD which is dual tuner. I am trying to use it with DVBViewer but it seems that I cannot get 2 tuners but rather I am only getting one tuner. Is there a problem with DVBViewer with this hardware.

Apart from not seeing my device as multi tuner I am watching channels without problems. Let me also say that my card is set to DUAL TUNER mode since this USB can be either set as DIVERSITY mode or DUAL TUNER mode.

Regards

Have you restartet Windows and a new Hardware Detection (Options > Hardware > Search) in the DVBViewer since you change to DUAL TUNER mode?

Hi,

When I first installed the software it was already set to dual tuner and I have restarted windows and I have clicked on SCAN DEVICES but there were only one tuner.

I will recheck when I arrive home.

Hi

I do not think there were. Tonight I will test it out more properly since I only had 1 hour chance yesterday.

I will get back to you tonight or tomorrow morning.

Thanks very much for your help

I have a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-TD and it works without problems (Diversity and as dual tuner).

Hi,

I retried but all in vain. I can only see one tuner in the Hardware box even when I rescan. What I tried to do is to open the diversity tool and I set it up as diversity. I restarted the PC, went back to DUAL-TUNER and restarted the PC. But all in vain.

In the device manager I can only see one tuner. The drivers I have are : 3.11.26253 from Hauppauge.

I hope this work correclty because I got this from ebay but he said it was new.

Thanks for all the replies.

I use the Driver 3.11.26108 when i use the Diversity Tool to change i have to restart the PC and than the DVBViewer recognize the second device (at the "Scan Devices").

Hauppauge WinTV MOD7700 DVB-T Tuner (Dev1 Path0) (1)

Hauppauge WinTV MOD7700 DVB-T Tuner (Dev1 Path1) (2)

But ther is always only one entries in the Windows device manager.

Hi

Managed to do it. When I opnede Diversity tool there was a drop down list and there were 2 devices. I had to select 2nd device.

Now a small question. To watch a chnanel and record another how can I do it?

Thanks

Now a small question. To watch a chnanel and record another how can I do it?
Start a recording and watch the channel you like. :)

Only if you record two channels on different frequencies the number on channels that you can watch at the seme time will be limited (best thing is to activate via right click in the channel list > Filter > Can tune).