Set channels numbers ? How can i do this? Please help!

Helder

Hi, gotta say i used for a long time dvbdream, but now i discovered DVBViewer, and gotta say OSD is amazing, i have dreeambox500 and my parents are more familiar with that kind of product, they are not into the mouse and keyboard thing, so like i said, i changed to DVBViewer after i found this amazing OSD :) now i use my skystar hd2 remote, but i DONT KNOW HOW TO EDIT MY CHANNEL NUMBER LIST IN THE ORDER THAT I WANT.

so i wanna ask you guys how can i edit the channels numbers? and remove radio from numbers, etc etc, is it possible to use channel numbers in order that favourites list is made?

like in favourites i have

channel 1

channel 2

channel 3

etc etc .... but one is 170, other is 87 , i think you guys are getting it.

i want to put favourite

channel 1 - 1

channel 2 - 2

channel 3 - 3

how can i do this please?

its really importante please, cuz my parents will only let me have the htpc in the living room if they can use the REMOTE and zap channels with numbers, because they are not familiar with computers.

thank you.

Well, to zap with the remote we all are using the "Favourites" (that you can order as you want...) instead of the "Channels"...

Probably you simply have to "link" you remote number key to the "Favourites" instead of the "Channels"...

Or, for DVBViewer < v. 4.0, there was a tweak, that I don't know if it is working with v. 4.0.

Here it is:

Find the correct Setup.xml (Info->Configfolder).

Always backup your setup.xml before changing anything. Be careful!

Value: UseFav

Section: Input

Accepted: 0 (false), 1 (True)

Default 0

Description: Determinates if the favorites are tuned up/down instead of the channels if the osd-up/-down key is pressed.

o:)

i know that, im using favourites and i can zap with up and down my favourites.

but how can i set channel numbers? i want to give a certain number to a certain channel. undestand? if i press 1 for example, i want 1 to be eurosport for example. how can i add a number to a channel? how can i change numbers??

i have my favourites like i want, in right order! just need to change channel number in each one!

ATM there is no "official" way to renumber or change the channel numberss; here there is a unsupported one (sorry, only in italian)...

Or, more simply, as I stated up,

Probably you simply have to "link" you remote number key to the "Favourites" instead of the "Channels"...

To do that, go to "Settings / Options / Input", section "Favourites", push "Learn" and then:

- select "Favourite 1" and push key "1" on you remote

- select "Favourite 2" and push key "2" on you remote

and so on... finally close down the learning session unpushing the button "Learn"...

Hope now is more clear...

Well, to zap with the remote we all are using the "Favourites" (that you can order as you want...) instead of the "Channels"...

Or, for DVBViewer < v. 4.0, there was a tweak, that I don't know if it is working with v. 4.0.

Here it is:

Find the correct Setup.xml (Info->Configfolder).

Always backup your setup.xml before changing anything. Be careful!

Value: UseFav

Section: Input

Accepted: 0 (false), 1 (True)

Default 0

Description: Determinates if the favorites are tuned up/down instead of the channels if the osd-up/-down key is pressed.

hi, sorry i cnt find that file, can u please explain?

i went to about:configuration folder

edited setup.xml

trying to understand the method. and i did it o:)

i dunno if it's like this but its working.

<section name="Input">

<entry name="UseFav">1</entry>

<entry name="CurrentFile">default.remote</entry>

<entry name="RemoteTimeOut">2000</entry>

</section>

my job is complete!

please tell me if i did it ok

how can i remove entry 0 (zero) from favourites? i dont want a channel zero.

<section name="0">

<entry name="Header">1410401067|RTP 1</entry>

</section>

if i remove this favourites doesn't work

Edited by Helder

Sorry for the late, but I'm only a simple user like you...

my job is complete!

please tell me if i did it ok

If it work I think so... and cheers!

how can i remove entry 0 (zero) from favourites? i dont want a channel zero.
ATM there was no way (it's hardcoded in the main prog...), but what's the problem?

You can assign "0" to a useful channel (that have the advantage to be called with only 1 shot)

or duouble the entry #1 (as I did and now are used to...)...

• 5 months later...

How does it work in v4.1.1.1? I tried manually to paste in:

<section name="Input">
<entry name="UseFav">1</entry>
<entry name="CurrentFile">default.remote</entry>
<entry name="RemoteTimeOut">2000</entry>
 </section>

Had no success with it. Any ideas? :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda find it weird how DVBViewer assigns the order of channels by their Provider name which usually ends up a huge mess, instead of simply using the service PIDs as respective channel numbers like digital receivers and TVs usually do automatically. Is there a reasoning behind the program's behaviour?