Freesat 7 day EPG implementation

blues-riff

Hello

I am a new user of DVBViewer Pro and with a little help from searching the forums have allmost everything running ok including the HD channels. I am using DVBViewer with a Hauppauge WinTV Nova HD S2 card

I have followed the instructions in the Changelog for enabling the Freesat EPG and sure enough I can view seven days of program guide, however there are many gaps in the guide. So for example BBC1 may only show two or three programs for the whole of the next day and some days are missing completely. All channels are showing these inconsistencies, I have attached a screenshot as an example.

I would appreciate if anyone has any input on this I can only assume I'm doing something wrong somewhere.

Regards

Steve M

post-76299-1233306492_thumb.jpg

Tune to ITV HD or Brit Shorts on 11428 H 27500 for a few minutes it will grab all the epg data.

I had tried Brit Shorts, I'll try again for longer. And give ITV HD a go

Thanks

Tune to ITV HD or Brit Shorts on 11428 H 27500 for a few minutes it will grab all the epg data.

Ahh -- I see Brit Shorts and ITV HD are the same thing. They are also on two transponders.

Unfortunately staying on Britshorts for a couple of hours doesn't seem to change anything. Is there an update option or does it just continualy read the data stream?

Unfortunately staying on Britshorts for a couple of hours doesn't seem to change anything. Is there an update option or does it just continualy read the data stream?

You should never have to tune for hours, only 30 seconds so something else must be wrong. Have you put the freesat.t1 and freesat.t2 files in your DVBViewer program (not configuration) directory? Do you have "persistent EPG data" and "receive mediahighway epg data" selected in settings>options>EPG/Teletext? In Siefern/MHW you can remove all the entries except 11428 H Freesat. Close DVBViewer. Restart and tune to Brit Shorts, Groove radio or ITV HD- you should then have a full EPG after 30 seconds.

You should never have to tune for hours, only 30 seconds so something else must be wrong. Have you put the freesat.t1 and freesat.t2 files in your DVBViewer program (not configuration) directory? Do you have "persistent EPG data" and "receive mediahighway epg data" selected in settings>options>EPG/Teletext? In Siefern/MHW you can remove all the entries except 11428 H Freesat. Close DVBViewer. Restart and tune to Brit Shorts, Groove radio or ITV HD- you should then have a full EPG after 30 seconds.

The problem is solved! However a mystery remains. I originally had followed all the steps you outlined above and as listed in the changelog, which resulted in the data with gaps.

I now followed it through step by step and found that the problem occurred prior to putting the freesat.t1 and freesat.t2 files in the DVBViewer program folder, and in fact installing them didn't change anything. I re downloaded the files, unpacked them again and re installed, this time the guide sprang to life! I can only assume that the first time I finished up with corrupt files.

Many thanks for your assistance.