Rescanned my TV stations just to get one revised channel datas, but Ti

antdude

Hello.

I was rescanning my DTV channels since one was changed a few minutes ago. After the rescan, I saw my DVBViewer Pro v4's Timer's list of scheduled recordings were resetted for their channels to one station.

How can I prevent these changes? Remember, only ONE station was changed from the rescan! :)

Thank you in advance. :)

Use transedit for such tasks. :(

Transedit can be found in the member section. Here is the manual: http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/TransEdit%20E/Content.html

I ran the tool, but I hav no idea how to use it even after reading the technical online help. I selected ATSC, started a clean one, but I cannot seem to scan? Blind Scan asks me for frequency, but I don't know what to enter.

How dou you scan in DVBViewer? Don't you use a transponderlist (that means you select your provider or something like that in one of the boxes). You need to do the same thing on the left side of transedit. Then you'll see the contents of the file on the right side (that means the transponders). You can now select some of them or just "scan all" and a new window will pop up presenting the results. If you "installed" Transedit correctly (that means copied it into the DVBViewer folder) you will now see which channels are already in DVBViewer and which are not. The ones with a blue background are already in the channellist, the ones with a white background are not. You can select them and choose "send" and they'll be in your channellist. If there are channels with just some white boxes, that means that some data has changed and you can select them and click the "update" action to send the changes to DVBViewer.

If that is all to complicated for you, you could do something else: Scan in DVBViewer as you do usually, but where it says "root" you enter nothing. Then you'll "double" your channellist, your old one will remain under it's old name and a new one with the name "scan ....." will be added. You can now just extract the one channel you wanted to add from the new channellist and move it to your old one (via drag & drop in the channeleditor) and aftwerwards delete the complete new root. That takes a bit longer, but may be easier, if you are not used to transedit.

How dou you scan in DVBViewer? Don't you use a transponderlist (that means you select your provider or something like that in one of the boxes). You need to do the same thing on the left side of transedit. Then you'll see the contents of the file on the right side (that means the transponders). You can now select some of them or just "scan all" and a new window will pop up presenting the results. If you "installed" Transedit correctly (that means copied it into the DVBViewer folder) you will now see which channels are already in DVBViewer and which are not. The ones with a blue background are already in the channellist, the ones with a white background are not. You can select them and choose "send" and they'll be in your channellist. If there are channels with just some white boxes, that means that some data has changed and you can select them and click the "update" action to send the changes to DVBViewer.

If that is all to complicated for you, you could do something else: Scan in DVBViewer as you do usually, but where it says "root" you enter nothing. Then you'll "double" your channellist, your old one will remain under it's old name and a new one with the name "scan ....." will be added. You can now just extract the one channel you wanted to add from the new channellist and move it to your old one (via drag & drop in the channeleditor) and aftwerwards delete the complete new root. That takes a bit longer, but may be easier, if you are not used to transedit.

I get my TV stations over the air (OTA) from transmitters, not transponders. Hence, ATSC or am I confused?

Yes "transponder" is the wrong term. But for transedit (or DVBViewer) it's the same concept: a frequency coupled with some more parameters which can be scanned and contains a mux of some channels.

Yes "transponder" is the wrong term. But for transedit (or DVBViewer) it's the same concept: a frequency coupled with some more parameters which can be scanned and contains a mux of some channels.
I attached screen shots. Here's what I saw between DVBViewer Pro v4.0 and TransEdit. I didn't know what to do with the scan in TransEdit. Edited by antdude

It's because DVBViewer came with a lot more preconfigured "transponder" files than Transedit... but it's very simple to resolve:

open the DVBViewer program folder, go in "Transponders" folder and copy the "America_ATSC.ini", then start Transedit and click on menu "Info / Configuration Folder", go in the "Transponders"folder and paste the file here; close and restart Transedit and then you should be able to select "America ATSC" from Transedit left list...

;)

It's because DVBViewer came with a lot more preconfigured "transponder" files than Transedit... but it's very simple to resolve:

open the DVBViewer program folder, go in "Transponders" folder and copy the "America_ATSC.ini", then start Transedit and click on menu "Info / Configuration Folder", go in the "Transponders"folder and paste the file here; close and restart Transedit and then you should be able to select "America ATSC" from Transedit left list...

;)

Ah, thank you. I am scanning right now. ;) Someone should post this in the online manual for Americans. ;)

I ran a scan (73 found), but it seems to be missing a lot (well missing station callsigns(?)). Where's my local channels like KCBS, KABC, KNBC, KTTV, KTLA, etc.? I exported the list to an INI file and attached it here.

Edited by antdude

Probably you have to "fine tune" the channels frequency or the bandwidth listed in the "America_ATSC.ini" (it's a simply text file...):

I think that it must be not so hard to find in internet the right parameters from the stations websites; or, alternatively, you can run a "blind scan"...

;)

Probably you have to "fine tune" the channels frequency or the bandwidth listed in the "America_ATSC.ini" (it's a simply text file...):

I think that it must be not so hard to find in internet the right parameters from the stations websites; or, alternatively, you can run a "blind scan"...

;)

For blind scan, I didn't know what to put frequencies like earlier shown. I used "Scan All" button that didn't show all the ones I was looking for like KABC, KTTV, KNBC, KCBS, etc. I linked (ran out of storage in this forum thread) a screen shot for scan in DVBViewer Pro 4's scan: http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4280/dvbv...rproscanpv7.gif
For blind scan, I didn't know what to put frequencies like earlier shown

AFAIK you can use the two "America_ATSC.ini" extreme, ie you have to put in the Frequencies field "57000-809000:6"

I used "Scan All" button that didn't show all the ones I was looking for like KABC, KTTV, KNBC, KCBS, etc. I linked (ran out of storage in this forum thread) a screen shot for scan in DVBViewer Pro 4's scan:
sorry, but I haven't get the point on this...

I tried to find freq info for KABC and I've found this page, but I'm unsure about what showed number (7.1, 7.2 and so on) stand for... what do you think about them?

Is there in USA a "channels-frequencies conversion table" like here in Italy (this is an example), so that channel "E" mean 186MHz and "32" mean 562MHz and so on?

;)

AFAIK you can use the two "America_ATSC.ini" extreme, ie you have to put in the Frequencies field "57000-809000:6"

sorry, but I haven't get the point on this...

I tried to find freq info for KABC and I've found this page, but I'm unsure about what showed number (7.1, 7.2 and so on) stand for... what do you think about them?

Is there in USA a "channels-frequencies conversion table" like here in Italy (this is an example), so that channel "E" mean 186MHz and "32" mean 562MHz and so on?

;)

Each stations hve .1 (the main one). Then, some have extra subchannels like .2, etc. KABC7 has three channels: 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3. KCAL9 has one: 9.1. Understand now?

I don't know about a table. ;) All I do is just scan and DVB Viewers' channel editors (TE and Pro) find them for me.

Each stations hve .1 (the main one). Then, some have extra subchannels like .2, etc. KABC7 has three channels: 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3. KCAL9 has one: 9.1. Understand now?
Absolutely no, I'm not aware at all about NTSC ;) ... the only think I understand (ehm, as also before you prompt it) is that the numbers don't are frequencies but a sort of classification, so my question about the "table"...

I don't know about a table
...and perhaps you dont'love to google around ;)... if you search for "tv channel frequencies los angeles", the first result you find is this page... and I think that there you are... (bump again if somethings it's unclear...)

;)

Absolutely no, I'm not aware at all about NTSC ;) ... the only think I understand (ehm, as also before you prompt it) is that the numbers don't are frequencies but a sort of classification, so my question about the "table"...

...and perhaps you dont'love to google around ;)... if you search for "tv channel frequencies los angeles", the first result you find is this page... and I think that there you are... (bump again if somethings it's unclear...)

;)

Ah thanks. So I have to enter every value for each station by hand? :(

No, don't truble, you haven't to "reinvent the wheel" (as we say) every time... you must simply check (and eventually adjust or add) the values you already find in "America_ATSC.ini": most probably someone is missing or changed...

Transedit is particularly suitable for such a task: you can add at a glance a new frequency and test it with the "Analyze" button immediately to find if the tuner can lock and what's on that freq... if you find a useful freq/parameter you can scan it and save singularly or, when you have edited all your favourite freq, make a "Scann All" and feed DVBViewer with the results...

Let us know...

;)

No, don't truble, you haven't to "reinvent the wheel" (as we say) every time... you must simply check (and eventually adjust or add) the values you already find in "America_ATSC.ini": most probably someone is missing or changed...

Transedit is particularly suitable for such a task: you can add at a glance a new frequency and test it with the "Analyze" button immediately to find if the tuner can lock and what's on that freq... if you find a useful freq/parameter you can scan it and save singularly or, when you have edited all your favourite freq, make a "Scann All" and feed DVBViewer with the results...

Ah OK. I will probablyu have to do a complete rescan from scratch in June 12th, 2009 (was 2/17/2009) so I will probably wait until then and follow-up. Thanks. ;)