Thinking about getting a TeVii S460 DVB-S2

keef

Hi, I am looking for a new DVB-S2 card and have just found out about the TeVii S460 card here it's quite cheap at about £60 and supports Diseqc 1.0/1.1/1.2/USALS.

I've goggled this card a bit but couldn't find any decent reviews so though I'd ask here ?

Anyone got one or got any opinions about it ?

Thanks in advance.

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd answer my own question.....

I Purchased this DVB-S2 card from DVBSHOP and got it delivered from Germany for £68. I choose the cheapest delivery option and the card arrived with 4 day's from Germany. In the Box came the PCI card, a full size remote control and an Infared Reciever that plugs into the back of the TV card, batteries for the remote and the suporting software on a CD. I have MCE Remote so have just left the remote in the box. They included their own viewing software on the CD along with what they call "BONUS" software but I didn't bother trying their TV software because like everyone knows DVBViewer is the best, although I did install SKYVIEWER from the CD but after installing it I realised that it's not actualy Free but just a trial version like you'd download of the net, not exactly what I would call a bonus.

The card worked perfectly, I plugged it in and windows detected it and prompted for the driver that I downloaded from their website, after a few minutes the card was up and running! :( The drivers are BDA drivers and there are linux and windows ones available for download, The drivers are still under developement and the last realease was just last month. I personaly quite like knowing that hardware that I purchase is still over development, It gives me a feeling that the hardware must be relativly new and that If there are any issues I might be able to get help.

I purchased this card mainly because I wanted a card that could power my Disecq moter, and with this card I have sucessfuly managed to get the motor to move using DVBViewer although I havent actualy attached the motor to my satallite dish yet, thus I havent managed to actualy watch a DVB-S2 channel yet as my satalite disk is pointing at Astra 2D and all their DVB-S2 channels are encrypted ;) But from what I can see so far this is a great DVB-S2 card at a very reasonable price.

If I run into any problems with the card I'll post them here....

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

many thanks for your post - I am also considerung this card and it's really hard to find infos about it.

Is the signal quality ok? Any problems switching channels?

Regards,

Guenther

Hi,

many thanks for your post - I am also considerung this card and it's really hard to find infos about it.

Is the signal quality ok? Any problems switching channels?

Regards,

Guenther

Hi,

I'm just a novice so here is my setup / results so you can tell for yourself.

Zone 2 Oval Sat dish (Pointing at FreeSat 28.5) I'm in Edinburgh,UK

Quad LNB (25 Meter Cables).

Using the TeVii card I get 100% signal strength (Or is it quality, that appears at the bottom of the main viewer window ?).

Using my 7010i (DVB-S1) Quad Tuner I get about 87% Signal Strength. (Using that same cable as the TeVii card did)

The TeVii card is in my Home Media PC and it's very stable, I think i've restarted DVBViewer once in the last month but I'm not sure why it needed restarted. My Media PC is also my p2p download box and I also run my virtual linux server on this box, additionaly I remote desktop into the box daily so I could well have been responsible for DVBViewer hanging. As for channel switching I'd say it's quite quick proably about half a second to change channel.

I can't find any faults with the card.

Regards

Keith

Thanks Keith,

that sounds really promising -"very stable", good reception and fast channel changes. I'll give it a try.

I can also test DVB-S2 with Astra HD and Arte HD and will report back.

Cheers,

Guenther

P.S.: Been to Edinburgh as a student - really a nice town!

• 4 weeks later...

So - I now have testet the card. DVB-S2 worked without problems in DVBViewer and Vista MC with TV Pack. The only problem I had was with hibernation; the card would not wake up. This seems to be a problem a lot of cards have.

As ever:

Channel zapping between FTA channels is always much faster compared to channel zapping between encrypted channels.

if channel zapping between encrypted goes to 0,5 seconds I woukld say.. whow, extremely impressive.

For FTA normal. If it takes longer then that then it's a slow tuner, lousy driver, whatever

The Tevvi can not receive encrypted channels which is a must for many digital vieuwers that want to viuw to localized TV channels.

A solution could be a USB connected CAM tho but then the question sizes how the drivers acts with encypted channels.

Edited by Benarty
  • 1 month later...
I purchased this card mainly because I wanted a card that could power my Disecq moter, and with this card I have sucessfuly managed to get the motor to move using DVBViewer although I havent actualy attached the motor to my satallite dish yet, thus I havent managed to actualy watch a DVB-S2 channel yet as my satalite disk is pointing at Astra 2D and all their DVB-S2 channels are encrypted :angry: But from what I can see so far this is a great DVB-S2 card at a very reasonable price.

Keith

Hi Keith

Can you post details of your settings and what you did to get your motor to move.

I have the same card and no matter what I do [or what software I use] I cant get the thing to move!

It will move using the manual button, I get a picture if it manually pointed at a sat. Both proving that it has power and the card is working.

It's driving me mad :angry: . The only way forward I can see is to buy a reciever just to test the motor.

Thanks in advance

Edited by missmort
The Tevvi can not receive encrypted channels which is a must for many digital vieuwers that want to viuw to localized TV channels.

A solution could be a USB connected CAM tho but then the question sizes how the drivers acts with encypted channels.

I bought the Tevii s460pci and the s650usb-tuner [removed].

Very, very pleased with Tevii's products.....

cheers

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?act=boardrules

• 3 weeks later...

Still struggling with mine and the motor.

Had a bit progress last night. DVBViewer will move the motor but only when the manual button on the motor is pressed.

Press button, motor moves a bit, press east in DVBViewer and away it goes.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved.

I bought a STB just to test the motor and it works fine.

I have to say the the guys at Tevii have been very helpful

• 2 weeks later...

Does this card (Tevii S460) need any extra connection to actualy move the motor?

Skystar 2 HD has a molex connector for such purposes. Missmort, you maybe forgot to plug in the molex connector?

Edited by Davor

There are 3 connectors on the card.

IR for the remote

LNB in

LNB out [for data services]

No molex.

But thanks for the suggestion.

This is a really a pain in the neck. The next step is to cjeck to the voltages with my multimeter.

Oh, so you didn’t fixed it yet…

What concerns the voltages: it is possible that it drops significantly if the coax-cable is of low quality, and of thin copper. But there are (relatively cheap) DC-repeaters available that can fix the problem, and do not need an external power supply. Note that they do need power to work. Kathrein makes them, that I know for sure, and dvbshop sells them too. But if your motor already can turn manually, then it also has enough power. My guess is that the problem is in the software.

Btw, your motor happens to be the Golden Interstar DiSEqC Motor GI 50-120?

The cable is WF100 which exceeds the spec for most sta installers [i am told]

The motor is Technomate TM-2200 Super DiSEqC Motor.

It may be down to the drivers as the Tevii software, DVBViewer, dvbdream and dvbprog all show the same problem.