TBS 8920 and DiseqC

Mikhail

Hello!

I'm using a clone of Turbosight TBS 8920 PCI DVB-S2 card. It works just fine with SD and HD TV and seems to be a good choice. The only problem is DVBViewer can't control DiseqC 1.0 switch. DiseqC works with DVBDream, but I like DVBBiewer:) Could you add support of DiseqC for this card?

Thanks in advance,

Mikhail

I'm using latest DVBViewer beta and latest TransEdit beta. I'v tried every option in DiseqC section of the programs with no luck. Despite of settings DiseqC switch is always in PosA/OptA position. Feels like commands can't reach the switch.

Most likely. TransEdit detects TBS devices by name. Close TransEdit, open TransEdit.ini with a text editor. Go to the [Hardware] section, change Vendor.0=0 to Vendor.0=13, try again... does it work now?

I've opened hardware.xml but haven't found anything like vendor there.

DVBViewer Pro doesn't provide this tweak, but I'll inform the Pro devs about the matter. The next (beta-)release will most likely detect your Omicom card as TBS compatible.