Fast play/replay instead of Jump+/Jump- in seconds

Paxero

Fast play or fast replay is possible for DVDs, I would appreciate fast play/replay also in timeshift. Jumps are fine for huge jumps, but continuity is lost. Implementing continuous fast play/replay in timeshift would be nice feature.

Please use the forum search.

I did and didn't find any help using "fast forward" and "fast play". Could you please be more specific and give a direct link to the post you want us to find?

thanks,

PK

Edited by patti
I did and didn't find any help using "fast forward" and "fast play". Could you please be more specific and give a direct link to the post you want us to find?

thanks,

PK

Lars, why not simply implement it? I've asked, others have asked. I'm sure implementing, streaming encrypted eurosat, bi directional QAM attentuation services is good, but nearly everyone has to 'put up' with jumping, rather than enjoy having the option of both.

Lars, why not simply implement it?

I think this is not so simple.

Here

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=32473

you can test a proof-of-concept for a ringbuffer based timeshift-plugin. It allows you to playback in slowmotion (and fast forward). The crux is, this must be supported by the decoder (and all other filters in the graph)! I would wonder if you can give me a list of all decoders suiteable for this purpose. For me working is only elecard and cyberlink.

You see the problems arising...?

erwin

I think this is not so simple.

Here

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=32473

you can test a proof-of-concept for a ringbuffer based timeshift-plugin. It allows you to playback in slowmotion (and fast forward). The crux is, this must be supported by the decoder (and all other filters in the graph)! I would wonder if you can give me a list of all decoders suiteable for this purpose. For me working is only elecard and cyberlink.

You see the problems arising...?

erwin

Zoomplayer does this easily. And before the inevitable "well go an use Zoomplayer then", no I don't it's not as good as DVBViewer except for FFD in which case it's awesome.

Zoomplayer does this easily.

Blight has much more time to focus on DirectShow resp. media playback in general. He has not to deal with reluctant DVB device drivers, CI/CAM, DiSEqC, EPG, recording, scanning, channellists, local broadcasting oddities and all that stuff requiring constant maintenance and eating up an incredible amount of time.

Blight has much more time to focus on DirectShow resp. media playback in general. He has not to deal with reluctant DVB device drivers, CI/CAM, DiSEqC, EPG, recording, scanning, channellists, local broadcasting oddities and all that stuff requiring constant maintenance and eating up an incredible amount of time.

Ok, thanks for that Griga, he's also ONE person..

Maybe speak to him to see how he did it, rather than reinventing the wheel?

Maybe speak to him to see how he did it, rather than reinventing the wheel?

Maybe speak to him and ask him to make Zoomplayer a DVB app instead of insisting here with immense stupidity.

..not because it's better but that's what standard directx offers

You keep impressing me with your DirectX knowledge... never seen someone who knows so little after being in touch with it for years.

Maybe speak to him and ask him to make Zoomplayer a DVB app instead of insisting here with immense stupidity.

You keep impressing me with your DirectX knowledge... never seen someone who knows so little after being in touch with it for years.

Yeah, asking for A feature, and countering your arguments are just soooo stupid.

And I didn't make any quote about DirectX I know F.A about directX, so do learn to quote properly, especially when attempting to insult.

well you obviously pissed off the one programmer who would be responsible for the main work with the DVBSource (griga). do you honestly exspect something now? :D

I exspected you lot to be a lot smarter than that...

well you obviously pissed off the one programmer who would be responsible for the main work with the DVBSource (griga). do you honestly exspect something now? :D

I exspected you lot to be a lot smarter than that...

Naah, but to be honest. we didn't expect anything in the first place given the reaction that asking it to be implemented causes.

multiple quote, multiple insult

It has to be distinguished...

Kuni is just a user without technical understanding and knowledge, stuck to simple-minded thinking like "if app A is able to to do it, app B must be able to do it as well", happily ignoring basic conditions... and will probably never get beyond this level. Starting a more sophisticated discussion, as erwin tried, is pointless in this case.

Nevertheless, as I'm no native English speaker, I always try to learn from examples and by doing. After having read this, I thought "wow, that's strong" and was waiting for an opportunity to use the expression "immense stupidity" myself. Since Kuni seems to be accustomed to this level of communication, it was just natural to address it to him. However, seeing his reply, I feel a bit disappointed. Linguistically rather poor, I'd say. Not that inspiring as before.

Derrick is a different case. He has much more insight, so he should know where the problem lies, and he even should be able to investigate on it. But for some odd reason he prefers to stay ignorant (or to present himself as ignorant), to refuse productive contributions concering this and other matters, and to spam topics with meaningless comments. Something you don't really want in a situation where work has to be done and helping hands are needed.

It has to be distinguished...

Kuni is just a user without technical understanding and knowledge, stuck to simple-minded thinking like "if app A is able to to do it, app B must be able to do it as well", happily ignoring basic conditions... and will probably never get beyond this level. Starting a more sophisticated discussion, as erwin tried, is pointless in this case.

Nevertheless, as I'm no native English speaker, I always try to learn from examples and by doing. After having read this, I thought "wow, that's strong" and was waiting for an opportunity to use the expression "immense stupidity" myself. Since Kuni seems to be accustomed to this level of communication, it was just natural to address it to him. However, seeing his reply, I feel a bit disappointed. Linguistically rather poor, I'd say. Not that inspiring as before.

Derrick is a different case. He has much more insight, so he should know where the problem lies, and he even should be able to investigate on it. But for some odd reason he prefers to stay ignorant (or to present himself as ignorant), to refuse productive contributions concering this and other matters, and to spam topics with meaningless comments. Something you don't really want in a situation where work has to be done and helping hands are needed.

If that's you way of saying "it's all too hard" then I accept your shortcomings and will not talk about this issue any more (it's not in any way clear exactly WHAT you're saying)

I can't speak German at all, so I'm not in a position to criticize, just letting you know that it's best not to bag someone who CAN speak English better than you.

Your assumptions of my ignorance are, of course unfounded, and seem to be based on how you respond to the 'typical' troll/idiot.

Through all these insults and suppositions levelled at me, not once have you stated WHY it can't be done, or WHY you wont address it, surprising considering I've asked this question in the correct area of the forum.