Enhancement of "Automatic Timeshift"

Unauthorized

I guess it would be nice if there was an option that the viewer could automatically start timeshifting if I press the pause-button. ATM I have to remember to press the timeshift-button before that.

Hmmm, for me this is not a good idea. If you want to press on the pause button, why you dont press Timeshift-Record?

Many people use pause for changing the graph or record without AV.

Steffen

That's why I wanted to have it as an option, as everybody has another behavior.

Personally, I only press the pause button if I walk away from the computer and if I want to resume from exactly this position. If I would only press the timeshift button I would have to search the position (BTW: Sometimes this doesn't work due to the 30min-limitation, but pause works). So I actually have to press two buttons to pause the TV-stream. Also I have to keep in mind wether timeshift is already started or not, so if I would do the same thing again: bye bye!

Edited by Unauthorized

btw.:

what about a symbol in one of the upper corners to display that timeshift is active... such as the red record-circle in the upper left corner?!

You dont need this. If you have have activated timeshift you see it in the status bar. Play- Pause- Stop-Buttons are only visible if you activated timeshift. Is that not enough?

If you have have activated timeshift you see it in the status bar. Play- Pause- Stop-Buttons are only visible if you activated timeshift. Is that not enough?

Hm, I never saw this...

You can't see it if you use a skin, or borderless-mode, or fullscreen.

As I do ALWAYS use one of these I never saw it...

I thought of something like a blinking green 'TS'-symbol in the upper left or right corner.