UPNP streaming

Oreste

Well you have to select the UPnP server in the xbmc screens. See the xbmc manual.

In the service you just have to activate the webserver and the UPnP server with the configuration program (rightclick the service tray icon and choose configure).

damn... no luck :blush:

in xbmc the DVBViewer media server is not found (but works great if i create a upnp share with wmp11).

on a remote PC (and even on the same pc with the DVBViewer media server) they show the icon of DVBViewer media server but it's inaccessible.

i've tried version 1.4.7.10 and 1.4.7.60 of the server.

Surely i miss something... i need a detailed how to to configure DVBViewer for upnp streaming.

well...

i've fixed.

but another question...

with xbmc for xbox the TV seem to work well but...

the radio channels wait ages to open up.

I'm sure it's related to amount of cache configured in xbmc. Actually using the standard settings.

Anyone know what cache setting i do modify for a fast open of radio channels? and they conflict with TV cache settings?

Related to this... via upnp what file extensions have the radio and the tv channels?

P.S.

Sorry for my english...

yes... but...

my audio cache - local network is at 256KB default

but when i select a radio channel the display show... cacheing 2048KB... TS decoding...

i suppose xbmc think the radio channel is a video stream and use 2048KB (the video cache - local network default): lowering the video cache under 2048KB i think compromise the normal TV channel stream!

this is a bug of xbmc or DVBservice UPNP stream the radio channel audio data encapsulated on a video stream? the file extension of the radio channel is something.mpg?

i'm using DVBservice 1.4.7.10

the recording service sends just TS streams (just the way it receives it). If xbmc does take it as a videostream it may be a problem in xbmc.

Oh and I doubt lowering your cache will compromise TV playback. The DVBViewer uses in network mode a buffer of under 8 kb and it does work without problems...

You simply don't need a big buffer in a local network setting. It is either fast enough or (in problematic WLAN situations) it wont work reliable no matter how big the buffer is...

tryed...

the delay it's not cache related.

xbmc fill the cache and then try to decode the TS stream, when a TS with video then open immediately the stream, but when the TS is only audio then appear the delay of many seconds (more than 30 secs).

anyone have experienced this? it's a bug of xbmc solved in any snapshot and eventually what version?

LARS... do you have experienced this? what version of xbmc do you use?

it's possible, in future versions of DVBservice, to transcode the stream when a it's a radio station?

tryed...

the delay it's not cache related.

xbmc fill the cache and then try to decode the TS stream, when a TS with video then open immediately the stream, but when the TS is only audio then appear the delay of many seconds (more than 30 secs).

anyone have experienced this? it's a bug of xbmc solved in any snapshot and eventually what version?

LARS... do you have experienced this? what version of xbmc do you use?

it's possible, in future versions of DVBservice, to transcode the stream when a it's a radio station?

Anyone can help me?

I'm sorry, nothing I can do or help with.

And no, there is no transcoding for UPnP planned. It would complicate things extremly.

The streaming is working, you can check it out with VLC. Select in the web interface a radio station and start the direct streaming. It takes about 5 seconds and vlc plays it.

That's exacly the same stream a UPnP client gets. So if it can't handle it properly...

well... tryed support from xbmc.org and no response...

it's not a priority but...

maybe it's possible to modify the radio channels without a video pid in DVBViewer and streaming a fake video (even a still image) ?

does this i think solve all...