Channels alternative numbering

The Gus

Good morning everybody. Here's my humble suggestion for a modification in channel handling.

Please assume I have no idea how DVBV internally works thus I may consider modifications as easy when effectively they are not. I apologize for this.

I order to get a 'favourite list' which allows each single channel to have its own ID even not in sequence (that is alike in the italian sky receiver where channels are numbered as 110-112-115-120 and so on) I suggest to implement a new field in the channel record 'Alternative ID number' and a flag in the channel switch routine. Assuming that flag is active, the program would filter the entire channel list where 'Alternative ID number' is <>0 thus searching for the desidered channel number by this field. In this case all the channel without an alternative ID assigned will be excluded from browsing/searching. Channels order (i.e. in EPG osd) will reflect alternate ID order. This field may be numeric or alpha with no limitations but of course the absence of duplicate values.

Hope this could be a good starting point.

Ciao

Gus