Channel list Editor - minor improvements please

Valts

#1 - would be great to have DVBV to tune to channel if you double click on it in the channel editor more. Would make it easier to sort out channels. Since the double click seems to be unused there it shouldn't be a big problem.

#2 - option (tweak?) to disable confirmation for channel removal if it contains multiple audio streams. As I don't see why the channel with multiple streams would be more "important" than a channel with only 1 stream.

#3 - some way to easier remove stations that are not tunable anymore (after scanning). Since for example on Hotbird there are maybe 50 dead stations after rescanning once a month or so... Or at least some way to multi-select them and delete ones that are dead.

TIA.

would be great to have DVBV to tune to channel if you double click on it in the channel editor more

I agree.

some way to easier remove stations that are not tunable anymore

That's more difficult than you might think. After a long discussion in the German forum such a function has been implemented in TransEdit - scroll down a bit and read the section about Inactive Channels.

That's more difficult than you might think. After a long discussion in the German forum such a function has been implemented in TransEdit - scroll down a bit and read the section about Inactive Channels.

Thanks, this is helpful. Would be great to see it backported into DVBV someday :)

Now that we are on a topic of TransEdit - I have always wondered is it possible to merge transponder lists from other .ini files into one I have? Usage scenario - for example I go and download transponder list from kingofsat.net and I have no idea is it different than what I have and at same time I dont want to nuke the one I have... Up to now this meant for me manually going over the contents of both files. So it would be great just to be able to import 'missing' entries from different transponder ini file. After which I can rescan and nuke transponders I don't like if it's needed anyway...

I have always wondered is it possible to merge transponder lists from other .ini files into one I have?

Yes:

1) Select the other transponder list

2) Click Select All (-> context menu) and Copy

3) Select the transponder list that shall be merged with the other one

4) Click Paste

TransEdit will only paste transponders that are not yet present in the list. Already present means: Same frequency (+/- 2 MHz), polarisation, symbolrate, FEC, modulation & DVB-S2 params. Duplicates that have not been recognized must be deleted manually.

Yes:

1) Select the other transponder list

2) Click Select All (-> context menu) and Copy

3) Select the transponder list that shall be merged with the other one

4) Click Paste

TransEdit will only paste transponders that are not yet present in the list. Already present means: Same frequency (+/- 2 MHz), polarisation, symbolrate, FEC, modulation & DVB-S2 params. Duplicates that have not been recognized must be deleted manually.

Thanks a lot. Not a very obvious way tho :)

Intended, because TransEdit can't know which entry you want to keep.

I see. Well would be great if sometime in the future TE would know which to keep. I imagine it could compare transponder contents during scanning and that way weed out transponder entries that are close match (difference as you said +/- 2MHz, FEC, SR, Modulation...).

Anyway thank you for the help.

For purge duplicate channels in Channel Editor, it is more simple to empty all channel for the transponder then next rescan it, but because it isnt possible to sort the channel list grouped by transponder or category in the editor, this is not pratically possible.