Input unit

Woodworker

Been using DVBViewer (DVBViewer Pro server) about 3 years and realy like it.

The problem is input-units. I have tryed remote-control but it seems that keyboard in combination with OSD is the best option for the moment.

Logitech MX Air is a great mouse that can be used "off desktop" as a mousepointer and it includes buttons for volume up/down, play/pause.

Now my wish: ist it possible to configure the mousefunction in DVBV so a can reach a small OSD-menu with for example right-click?

In that case this small OSD-menu should include: OSD-red, OSD-green, OSD-yellow, OSD-blue and OSD-menu.

Example:

rightclick, small OSD-menu appears

with mousepointer and left-click i can select for example OSD-favorites, OSD-paus/play-menu, OSD-epg etc.

This would be great if its possible, the mouse is allready works in OSD, the problem is that is no way to reach the menus thrue the mouse today.

I think MX Air in combination with my wish would be the optimal "remote-control".

I hope the DVBViewer-team read this and makes it possible.

the problem is that is no way to reach the menus thrue the mouse today.
Options > OSD Appearance -> tick "Use mouse sensitive areas" and than click on the right left or bottom part of the TV picture.
Options > OSD Appearance -> tick "Use mouse sensitive areas" and than click on the right left or bottom part of the TV picture.

Ok, i have tested that now and it seems to work. How ever it would be real nice if it was possible to reach a "homemade/configureable" OSD-window/menu direct from mouse,

the window/OSD-menu should in my case include the functions i use most as:

Pause, Play, OSD-Favorites, OSD-EPG-timeline and some type of crossdown symbol for a simpel way to hide window.

I now that all this functions is possible in different ways, but, the hole family use DVBViewer and my intension is to make this system as simple as possible

for everyone.

If this will be possible my 6 yers old boy can handle this simple without keyboard, without remote control (many buttons) just a mouse.

Dont now if this is possible, but it would be a nice function for me and hopefully to others.

You can edit the sice of the click areas in the setup.xml.

In the section OSD add

<section name="OSD">

<entry name="FChannelClickPercent">0</entry>

<entry name="FEPGClickPercent">0</entry>

<entry name="FMenuClickPercent">100</entry>

(Tweaks.txt)

Than each click opens the OSD Menu.

And you can edit the OSD Menu withe the OSD-Menu Editor (Members Section) ore customise the page completely the the OSD Skin editor.

http://www.DVBViewer.com/lars/skineditor.zip

You can edit the sice of the click areas in the setup.xml.

In the section OSD add

<section name="OSD">

<entry name="FChannelClickPercent">0</entry>

<entry name="FEPGClickPercent">0</entry>

<entry name="FMenuClickPercent">100</entry>

(Tweaks.txt)

Than each click opens the OSD Menu.

And you can edit the OSD Menu withe the OSD-Menu Editor (Members Section) ore customise the page completely the the OSD Skin editor.

http://www.DVBViewer.com/lars/skineditor.zip

Thank's for the reply, its possible the solution are in the OSD-Skin editor. I try it and get back.

The myhome.xml is the file for the OSD Menu.

I would recommend that you leave the "MainMenu" in the page but may be chge the size.

You can find ActionIDs for you new Buttons in the actions.ini in the DVBViewer folder.

The myhome.xml is the file for the OSD Menu.

I would recommend that you leave the "MainMenu" in the page but may be chge the size.

You can find ActionIDs for you new Buttons in the actions.ini in the DVBViewer folder.

Hello again Tjod, now i have started the work with my new "Mousemenu". Next question is:

If i want to show my new menu when i click (for example) the right mousearea, how and where is the settings for that?

I am not intrested to show the standard OSD-menu just my new page called MouseMenu (i made a copy from another page and save as a new).

Edited by Woodworker

Ok that is not anything i want to try at the moment.

My solution:

I have made a new page oriented at the lover part of the screen with buttons:

Kanaler (OSD-Favorites, Pause, Spela (Play), EPG (OSD-EPG-Timeline, Textning (OSD-Subtitlemenu), Stäng av (Close DVBViewer) and

Avsluta (OSD-Close).

I save the page with same name as MiniEPG (myMiniEPG.xml) and now when i click in the lower part of the screen my "homemade" menu

appears. It seems to work fine. Of course, the original MiniEPG is gone but thats life.

So thanks for the support and if this will be possible in another way, please tell me.

myMiniEPG.xml