How To Use Hauppauge WinTV Nova HD S2 Remote With DVBViewer

jbloggs

I have a Hauppauge WinTV Nova HD S2 card (with remote), I was able to use the remote with PowerCinema 5.1, however I now wish to use it with DVBViewer, unfortunately I am unable to manage this, I have tried the MCE Remote plugin, but that doesn't seem to get it too work.

How would I get the remote working with DVBViewer.

Thanks.

TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova HD S2, Drivers: 2.122.26109

Motherboard: Gigabyte P35 DS3P

Graphics card: BFG 8800GT, Drivers 182.06

support.zip

Hi jbloggs,

well, just download WTVIRBridge first,

...install it like description ...

tell DVBV to use WinLIRC (somewhere in Options)

learn key's - if neccessary - and enjoy :-)

(Don't forget to save remote-settings as eg. default_wintv)

greetz Marty

I have a Hauppauge WinTV Nova HD S2 card (with remote), I was able to use the remote with PowerCinema 5.1, however I now wish to use it with DVBViewer, unfortunately I am unable to manage this, I have tried the MCE Remote plugin, but that doesn't seem to get it too work.

How would I get the remote working with DVBViewer.

Thanks.

TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova HD S2, Drivers: 2.122.26109

Motherboard: Gigabyte P35 DS3P

Graphics card: BFG 8800GT, Drivers 182.06

Option II

I have the same card and use the included control program for the IR receiver with a modified profile, which, by the way, can be used to start/control any application in windows.

Look for a "irremote.ini" that adapts to your needs or modify it by yourself. If interested I can send you my own "remote.ini"

Option III

EventGhost also offers powerful customization possibilities.

Option II

Look for a "irremote.ini" that adapts to your needs or modify it by yourself. If interested I can send you my own "remote.ini"

Would be most obliged if you could provide me with your own copy of "remote.ini" with a sentence or two of how to set it up.

Thanks.

Would be most obliged if you could provide me with your own copy of "remote.ini" with a sentence or two of how to set it up.

Thanks.

I have my "irremote.ini" and a good configuration guide at home; will upload them this evening...

A very good post here which has an irremote.ini and also a configuration file for the s2 remote so you can just import it and use it straight away.

In step 3 where it says 'load the file' use the 'import' button in the input settings screen, not load.

Edit when you follow the link, the post above has the files you need.

This link works. Just click on it. I hate forums!

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...rt=#entry206520

Edited by uglyned

Here are:

my irremote.ini --> copy in the windows folder

my DVBViewer.remote --> (optional) copy in the DVBViewer config folder

two guides on how to modify the irremote.ini

To activate any changes in irremote.ini remember to execute the "restart IR" from the "Hauppauge WinTV" Start menu folder

Here are:

two guides on how to modify the irremote.ini

To activate any changes in irremote.ini remember to execute the "restart IR" from the "Hauppauge WinTV" Start menu folder

Thanks...now just need to get it up and running.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I followed this, restarted the remote monitor as well as DVBViewer but the remote doesn't work in DVBViewer... Any idea? Thanks!

• 2 years later...

I'm on Win7 Ultimate x64, with the latest DVBViewer Pro (5.0.0.0). My DVB-T reciever is a Hauppauge WinTV-MiniStick HD, model 1247 (according to DVBViewer, model SMS 1000). It came with this remote:

img_4613.jpg

I also have this other one that came with an Hauppauge Hibrid 900 HD which is broken:

1111111.jpg

Which one can I use? And how? I've read some stuff, but nothing seems to work. I have to point to TV Stick, right? Which files do I need?

Please, I'm quite lost here, any info will be appreciated.

And please, don't redirect me to the german part of the forum, as I can only read english (and spanish).

Thanks in advance.

There is a Hauppauge input plugin in the customer area. You may want to try it even if your Hauppauge device is different than the one listed for the plugin.

I tried that plugin with my HVR2250 (which wasn't pre-tested for the plugin), and it worked perfectly. I ended up going another route for my remote since I use it control other programs too. But if you are just using your remote for DVBV, that plugin is great. You just use the learn feature in DVBV.

Anyway, you might wanna give it a try.

Cheers

OK, now I know what the problem was. That plugin caused DVBV to crash, so I just used the MCE plugin, as the WinTV remote app recognized a MCE device. Now I have to learn to configure the irremote.ini. Any guides or something?

Thanks.

Now I have to learn to configure the irremote.ini. 

Usually you don't have to. Make sure that the HWCRemote Input Plugin is ticked on Options -> Input -> Input Plugins in DVBViewer. Then go to Options -> Input, click the Learn Button, select a function, press the remote key that you want to assign to this function, repeat until done.

I have an hauppauge Nova-T (second picture for the remote) and i use eventghost to control DVBViewer an other programs ; i use a hack which basically consist to disable Ir.exe with msconfig i nthe startup tab otherwise i'd be controlling the WinTv software only.

I hope this was helpful

Actually that plugin crashes DVBV. I use another. But the thing is, not all buttons work the way you say, and I'm using the remote for other apps to. So I want to know how to properly set the irremote.ini so then I can assign buttons on different programs.