Nova HD S2 Card Not Working With DVB Viewer

ashc09

Hello, I Have Just recently Purchased a Win Tv - NOVA HD S2 Card for my pc, and it came with powercinema, and everything seems to work fine, i have all the free to air channels,

But, i have just brought the DVBViewer from the website, and once i have typed in all my settings and card, It doesnt pick up any programmes or radio signals when i scan?

Also there is a ''no hardware Available'' error when i try to click on a channel?

Also It Doesnt even let me scan channels on the wizard at start up, It doesnt do anything when i click scan

Does anyone have any ideas?

Any help is much apreciated, As you can tell im quite new to this! Thanks alot in advance....

System Info:

Win TV-NOVA-HD-S2

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200

4gb Ram

Service Pack 1

Windows Vista 64 Bit Edition

MSI P43 Neo-F LGA775 Motherboard

Thanks!!

post-78527-1236435083_thumb.jpg

Edited by ashc09

Yes, I'm getting exactly the same problem.

In my case DVBViewer was working perfectly with this card until today, when I updated the drivers to the new WinTV v7.

What version of WinTV do you have?

Dunno what the whole WinTV stuff does, but after updating to the latest driver

http://www.wintvcd.co.uk/drivers/88x_2_123_27056_WHQL.zip

everything is fine here (WinXP).

Griga,

Hauppauge release from time to time a downloadable 'CD' containing new drivers and the matching WinTV viewing application.

This latest one is a major release called V7, which includes the driver version you mention above, and is what I have installed.

DVBViewer worked perfectly for me with the previous Hauppauge drivers.

It no longer works for some of us - in my case I get a "No hardware available!" message when DVBViewer starts.

I'm on Vista64 by the way.

Edited by Westcott
in my case I get a "No hardware available!" message when DVBViewer starts.

Did you try Options -> Hardware -> Scan Devices? Updating a driver may change internal IDs. Here the "driver only" installation just works.

I've never installed the WinTV stuff, and I don't know what it does. E.g. patches for Windows MCE, letting the DVB-S card appear as DVB-T, will disable the card in DVBViewer.

Did you try Options -> Hardware -> Scan Devices? Updating a driver may change internal IDs. Here the "driver only" installation just works.

I've never installed the WinTV stuff, and I don't know what it does. E.g. patches for Windows MCE, letting the DVB-S card appear as DVB-T, will disable the card in DVBViewer.

I have now tried Options -> Hardware -> Scan Devices and it worked!

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

Im really confused, my card as stated above hasnt worked with DVBViewer from the word go, and iv tried scan devices, it does come up with my device, but its just like DVBViewer wont read it,

I cant scan for any channels either, it doesnt even attemp to scan!

Westcott Could you please tell em your settings as you have the same card as me and you have the 64 bit version of vista, so it should be the same, if you dont mind that is?

Im Getting a ''No Hardware Available!'' Error Message.

Thanks mate....

p.s and as for the version of wintv, it is just the disc that came with the card that i have installed, il check that out....

Edited by ashc09

Woah! Its Finnaly worked for some unknown reason, I can now view the channels! :blush::)

I have just tried to record bbc hd , but DVBViewer cuts ot after about 7 seconds while trying to record it, Also there is 2 versions of bbc hd an ac3 audio and a normal, when i try to record the ac3 audio there is no sound on the recording it manages to do before it cuts out.

Would anyone know anything about this matter?

As a matter of fact when ever i try to record anything it cuts out after a thew seconds and closes DVBViewer?

Thanks for your help guys.....

much apreciated

Edited by ashc09

Hello, i have posted all my system info at the top of the page, if that is not enough please let me know what you would like to know, Thanks

P.S

Poggs,

I Will install the new wintv 7 now, But currently i cannot scan for channels, as i get an error saying '' No Hardware Available ''

Its Weird, because last night it suddenly worked out of the blue and i was able to receive all the channles, but then i must of restarted the program, and now it doesnt work again!

Il try wintv 7, Cheers

Lars has posted a link, and he wants you to click on it and follow the instructions given on that page.

Hello, Sorry i havnt got back to you guys, Iv been away on buiseness.

Here is the support zip as requested,

i have actually cured the problem of the '' No Hardware Available'' error message, I updated my wintv software to the latest version.

But now i am getting a very weird problem,

Any time i try to record anything, it records for about 7 seconds, and then the DVBViewer will cut out, and stop recording, and closes the program?

Any help would be much apreciated...

Thanks...

support.zip

Hello, Sorry i havnt got back to you guys, Iv been away on buiseness.

Here is the support zip as requested,

i have actually cured the problem of the '' No Hardware Available'' error message, I updated my wintv software to the latest version.

But now i am getting a very weird problem,

Any time i try to record anything, it records for about 7 seconds, and then the DVBViewer will cut out, and stop recording, and closes the program?

Any help would be much apreciated...

Thanks...

support.zip

Win TV-NOVA-HD-S2 - WinTV 6

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200

4gb Ram

Service Pack 1

Windows Vista 64 Bit Edition

MSI P43 Neo-F LGA775 Motherboard

NVidia 9800GT

• 9 months later...

Well i downloaded the latest drivers for the Haupauge WinTV Nova HD S2 for Windows 7 32bit 88x_2_124_27191_1_WHQL and i cant get them to work with DVBViewer. Tried rescan of hardware and made sure the S2 option was checked. I also tried transedit, had to rescan hardware, also had to check the S2 card becuase the rescan remove that option. Sometimes it will scan a transponder and sometimes it wont. So i seems that i will have to use the old drivers that came with the Nova card. I hope DVBViewer will soon support these drivers

I also tried transedit, had to rescan hardware, also had to check the S2 card becuase the rescan remove that option.

I'd like to have a look at the file TransEdit.ini (see Info -> Configuration Folder). Please attach it here, so I can see what has to be done to add DVB-S2 auto detection for this driver. Something in the device ID has changed, I guess.

Hi, thanks for your reply

Here are the files you asked for

TransEdit1.ini is just after a rescan of new hardware i transedit

TransEdit2.ini is when i manually select the S2 card

Also i noticed that when you do a hardware scan in DVBViewer it also removes the S2 card check

As i mentioned in my last mail, when i manualy check the S2 card in transedit and try and scan a transponder it sometimes works, i then try a few others and they fail to scan, I then go back to the one that worked and it will no longerscan. So there is something strange here

Also tested with DVBViewer 4.3.1.45 BETA

Thanks

TransEdit1.ini

TransEdit2.ini

Edited by maxxxxel
Here are the files you asked for

Thanks. That's an easy one. The additional "2" in "hcw88bda2.m69xx" prevents TransEdit from auto-detecting the S2 capabilities. Will be fixed.

and try and scan a transponder it sometimes works, i then try a few others and they fail to scan, I then go back to the one that worked and it will no longerscan.

That's more difficult. Do the transponder changes imply a change of the satellite position (which means a DiSEqC change), or does it happen within a single transponder list?

I have a Nova S2 HD, and it's working pretty well under XP without such issues. However, things may be different under Win7... it always has to be considered that a Nova S2 HD in DVB-S2 mode is very picky about certain parameters. FEC, modulation and pilot symbols must be set up correctly, otherwise no go. Which satellite position are you trying to receive / scan?

Thanks. That's an easy one. The additional "2" in "hcw88bda2.m69xx" prevents TransEdit from auto-detecting the S2 capabilities. Will be fixed.

Thanks

That's more difficult. Do the transponder changes imply a change of the satellite position (which means a DiSEqC change), or does it happen within a single transponder list?

I have the sat on Astra 28 for the Freesat channels on that transponder list

I have a Nova S2 HD, and it's working pretty well under XP without such issues. However, things may be different under Win7... it always has to be considered that a Nova S2 HD in DVB-S2 mode is very picky about certain parameters. FEC, modulation and pilot symbols must be set up correctly, otherwise no go. Which satellite position are you trying to receive / scan?

Are you using the newer drivers in XP?

This is what i have experienced with this card

Windows XP

DVBViewer works fine with windows XP and orginal drivers from CD, I could not get DVBViewer to work with any of the newer drivers in XP

Windows 7

DVBViewer does not work with new drivers in windows 7, When i change back to the old drivers on the CD DVBViewer and transedit works as normal, but can be a bit unstable.

Also windows update in Windows 7 trys to update the Nova S2 card with a newer driver then DVBViewer no longer works

I will try a few things and see if i can get it to work

Edited by maxxxxel
Are you using the newer drivers in XP?

Version 2.123.27056.0, February 2009. Are there newer ones? The driver offered by the German Hauppauge site is even older, and Hauppauge UK lets my browser display error messages o:). Could you provide a direct link to the XP driver causing trouble, or simply attach it here?

i cant remember which drivers i tried but they were from Haupauge.de website. I have moved to Windows 7 so i cant test them. I will try and find those drivers you mentioned and try them in windows 7

I will try and find those drivers you mentioned

Here it is:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/88x_2_123_27056_WHQL.zip

I also have 88x_2_124_27191_SIGNED, but it can't be installed under XP. Windows 7 only, I guess.

MS has introduced new BDA interfaces for DVB-S2 and DiSEqC in Windows 7, and I wonder if Hauppauge is using them now (instead of the Hauppauge specific interface). That would explain difficulties with receiving S2 transponders. All DVB-S transponder are ok?

I finally managed to install the 88x_2_124_27191 (July 2009) by forcing Windows XP a bit (and ignoring a warning "not suitable for this hardware"). It works as well as 2.123.27056.0. I had to update the Tuner/Demod *and* the TS Capture driver manually. However, it does not appear as "hcw88bda2.m69xx" in TransEdit.ini. Maybe "bda2" refers to Windows 7 resp the new BDA interfaces only?

Here it is:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/88x_2_124_27191_SIGNED.zip

P.S.: The string "hcw88bda2.m69xx" can be found in the 2.124 inf file, but not in the 2.123 inf file.

The signed drivers are working with Windows Media Center for Windows 7

So it's very likely that the signed driver exposes the new BDA interfaces. I'll upload a TransEdit test version here soon that tries to talk to the driver in this way. If this works, we can make it work in DVBViewer. Please stay tuned...

Done (attached). It's a restricted TransEdit test version. Some functions are disabled, but scanning works.

The test version should auto-detect the S2 capabilities when performing "Detect Devices", and you should hear a message beep if TransEdit uses the new Windows 7 BDA interface for DVB-S2 transponders. Please try...

TransEdit_3_5_1_2_Test.zip

thanks again, i did not hear a beep, maybe a pop up message would be better or a message in transedit. The S2 card is selected when i rescan hardware. It seems to work the first time i open transedit mainly with DVB-S2 transponers then stops working, like the frist scan is blocking for the other transponder scan. some of the other DVB-S2 transponer scan work and then stop working. Very strange and hard to explain.

Edited by maxxxxel

Thanks for testing. Seems to be more difficult than expected...

The message beep is rather a "bump" - what you hear when an Windows error messagebox pops up.

Did you use the latest transponder list for Astra 28° East (the one included in the TransEdit 3.5.1.0 zip)? If not, please copy it to the Configuration Folder\Transponders directory. Some of the transponder params have been changed lately.

What about DVB-S transponders? None of them works? Any difference between H and V transponders? Between high and low band (below 11700 MHz) transponders?

Tick Settings -> Hardware -> Use internal Network Provider Filter. Does it have influence? Also "Use Standard Interface" may be worth trying, and "Stop stream while tuning".

Griga, thanks for all you help on this. After opening and closing transedit a few times I managed to scan a transponder with a few FTA channels and update them for DVBViewer. But the problem is the same in DVBViewer i need to switch back and forward a few times to get the updated channel to work. Windows Media Center had also stopped working! could be a driver problem.

I have now got DVBViewer 4.3.1.45 working fine in Windows 7. I went back to the old drivers that came with the card 88x_2_119_25023_0 (drivers are from 2007 i think) The mistake i made was using 'EVR Vista experimental overlay' activated and that caused a few problems. I switched over to standard overlay and eveything is working fine, remote control, EPG. i really did not expect the old drivers to work in Windows 7

thanks o:)

Edited by maxxxxel