Pocorn streaming in Wide?

hanszorn

I was happily surprised (well I often am while playing with DVBViewer, there's so much in it...) to see Popcorn Hour support in the DVBViewer Service.

But it seems to be able to stream in 3x4 TV standard only, resulting in a lot of black on my widescreen TV. Now I can zoom in, of course, but the quality then is far below what's possible. I can imagine there is a way to set this on the pc, but I haven't found it yet.

Any ideas?

Hans

This is not a problem of the service, it only streams what it receives. So you have to do all adjustments on the popcorn hour.

Although this sounds reasonable, I have not succeeded in doing this so far. The only way to get video from DVBVierwer in full (quality) screen is by recording it first: then the problem does not exist. I must say that I use Popcorn's own streaming server on the PC to do this, as I can not replay recordings through the DVBViewer/ Popcorn service (I can see them, but playing simply doesn't work).

use the UPnP server of the service for this.

OK. But still the same thing happens: recorded video comes in full screen, while direct broadcasts come in a sort of 'letter box' where the black area is all around the image. The server streams what it receives, but it also stores what it receives while recording.

My computer has a 4x3 screen, my tv is 16x9. Could this have anything to do with this?

As I said, all settings regarding the zoom/Pan etc handling are to be done on the popcornhour/TV. The server has nothing to do with it at all.

As I said, all settings regarding the zoom/Pan etc handling are to be done on the popcornhour/TV. The server has nothing to do with it at all.

I rest my case. I am sure this will come back sometime, and be recognized as an issue.

Hans

..if, the issue is the popi's firmware. With the latest firmware 4/3 content is rendered as 16/9 with black pillars for 16/9 displays. This is the correct AR. On my panasonic I can switch the AR to fill the entire display but I don't :)