context sensitive statistic

Gandalf_der_Graue

hello christian,

during the recording of the hdtv channels I noticed that the graph inside the "statistics / Statistik" area of the "recording control / Aufnahme-Kontrolle" window does not fit into the displayed range. I mean: the displayed numeric values seem to be correct, but you can see the graph only if the signal itself is breaking down or you are going to switch over to another channel.

that's simply related to the fact, that the displayed area doesn't fit for the hdtv channels with their "giant" bitrate.

what do you think about making the displayed range dependend to the nominated bitrate send inside the transport stream ?

furthermore, I would really like to have the displayed value shown in kbit/s instead of kByte/s (kByte/s is not commonly used for bitrates !).

I know that the neutrino project for the dbox-2 shows it in kByte/s too, but beside the fact that their values are incorrect (by a factor of 50) it's a typical indication that the application has only been developed by the software point of view (software developers do such nasty things :rolleyes: )...

just my opinion, but maybe you'll agree ?

Edited by Gandalf_der_Graue
I guess the changes were made due to own recognition instead of my request

I guess you guessed wrong. :rolleyes:

Thanx Christian!

...the maximum range of the display is now fit...
primary I thought about a context dependend range, so if a channel sends the bitrate information for 15 Mbit/s.... the shown range should be from 0 to 15 MBit/s; if the channels "says" 6 Mbit/s... the range should be 0 to 6 MBit/s and so on....

anyway, a fixed range will be good enough :rolleyes: .

so if a channel sends the bitrate information for 15 Mbit/s.... the shown range should be from 0 to 15 MBit/s; if the channels "says" 6 Mbit/s... the range should be 0 to 6 MBit/s and so on....

In such cases a range of let's say 18 and 8 would seem more usefull to me...

@Oliver:

Not necessarily.

Probably only Christian can tell... :rolleyes: