H264 .TS --> DVD (MPEG2)

boulder2

I found a way to do this, but it is quite complicated.

Problem seems to be that there are no tools like Videoredo which work for H264.

With Videoredo you can cut frame accurate, and all the rest is simply copied 1:1 without any loss.

So, my reasoning was, take the whole video with the margin, first convert it to MPEG2, and afterwards, use Videoredo to cut out the parts you don't need, then convert it to DVD.

But then, I could not find an easy to use H264 to MPEG2 conversion program.

So eventually I started using ConvertXtoDVD, and this seems to produce a correctly sized DVD (VOB files).

Then I use VOB2MPG, which quickly converts the VOB files into 1 MPEG2 file (no quality loss incurred there).

And then I use Videoredo to cut out the commercials, etc. from the MPEG2 file, which I finally burn to a DVD.

All in all, quite complicated and time-consuming (my Nvidia card is a GT7950, so it cannot assist in this), so does anyone have a faster or easier method for doing this whole process ?

Any tools yet that can do frame-accurate cutting in H264 TS files ?

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I have been searching for a way to convert H.264 Ts, produced by DVBViewer recording 720p HD channels, into a PAL DVD that will play on a PAL DVD player. ConvertXtoDVD has been the only product I could find that would work with my video files. The demo version of this product writes a watermark over the centre of the image, and the full version seems very expensive at US$50.

The previous post is now quite old. Has anybody found anything cheaper or free that works happily with H.264 Ts?

Many thanks,

Tim

New Zealand

ConvertXtoDVD didn't work for me. It copied the AVC Video Stream to the DVD but missed the MPEG2 Audio Stream. So the video displays fine (excluding the watermark text), but there is no sound.

Perhaps this is a configuration error on my part.

Tim

New Zealand

ConvertXtoDVD didn't work for me. It copied the AVC Video Stream to the DVD but missed the MPEG2 Audio Stream. So the video displays fine (excluding the watermark text), but there is no sound.

Perhaps this is a configuration error on my part.

Tim

New Zealand

Probably ConvertXtoDVD uses DirectShow to handle the input file... if this is really the case then you just need to have proper directshow filters able to handle the ts file... what ts splitter/demultiplexer are you using? Haali? Not sure if there in NZ you use same LATM/LOAS AAC audio as in DVB-T in some EU countries, if this is the case then Haali will not be able to demultiplex audio, try to use Elecard demultiplexer instead ( included in this package: http://www.elecard.com/products/products-p...avc-plugin-wmp/ ), it worked for me (although I didn't tested specifically with ConvertXtoDVD but trying to open .ts files on other apps that use DirectShow to open input files).