Using Diseqc Switch with Diseqc Positioner

bormoley

Hello.

I have 1.2 antenna on positioner with two LNBs on switch after positioner. (Because of using two types of LNB Ku and Circular)

Is there a chance of using of all potential of my hardware? That means Can I automatically Rotate Antenna and Switch LNB's as already done on Progdvb

I chose DVBviever because of Better interface for HTPC(I'm actually using).

And it would be nice to make some kind of OSD Satellite switcher to navigate though satellites as Addition to my Proposal in http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...&pid=238870

. As for me it is not usable to have tree or flat channel list with remote (maybe I am mistaken/ that way guide me to some help or FAQ using Remote o:) because used only Stationary receivers remotes )

DVBViewer & SkyStar HD2 & DiSEqC 1.1/1.2 works (according to user reports).

You may want to have a look at the TransEdit manual. TransEdit - a free add-on for purchasers of DVBViewer Pro - is a transponder list editor, scanner, DVB analyzer etc. It will give you an idea what is supported and how it is supported.

http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/TransEdit%20E/Content.html

and particularly

http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/TransEdit%20E/DiSEqC.html

Hey there.

Thanks for leading to manuals.

I've tried to configure my PC but without success. :D

So I've met such problems:

-Firstly, it took some time for me to understand, that I do need to do all the steps (including channel scan and export it to DVBViewer) - because skipping some of manual of course o:)

-After having completed one of satellites I've met another problem: How to rename Screwed channels names? (I primarily use of EutelSat W4 NTV+ Russian) So trying to rename it in DVBViever 4.0 fail - nothing is doing / a no chance to do it in TransEdit. Upset smiley once more.

-And the third one is all about setting next Satellite (I choose Sirius 2,3). After making presets and trying to scan it no channels were found and, what is interesting, no chance to go back to already scanned channels (on EutelSat W4). Only manual command to positioner to go to preset position helped.

I did set up Satellites Extended commands like:

1. Positioner Goto x

2. Internal 100ms

3. Diseqc x

I have one antenna with positioner and two LNBs on a switch after positioned.

I am wondering if I did all right? And What to do to make all this stuff working ;)

Nobody can help us with multiple satellites though positioner+Switch?

P.S.

Is there a chance to get option in new DVBViewer for chousing encoding while installation to Cyrilic for example (it will help with russian channels names)

• 1 month later...

Finally I've got it to work (Thanks to new DVBViewer Software starting 4.0.60) Thanks to developers for that.

But thing there is steel some wrong functionality.

So the problem is: After selecting channel from another satellite diseq commands are sent (at least one of them because positioner goes to selected position) but, to have a picture I need to switch to another channel on this satellite (or even to change transponder to get it to work).

Can it be fixed somehow?

Thanks anyway (I switch satellites very recently so it is not a kind of big problem to me).

And one more thing.

After some time, antenna changes its position a little because of wind etc. Is there a chance to move antenna using positioner with some signal strength indicator to get the best result (Actually I'd like to add one more satellite position too). If there is no such possibility - please recommend me some software to make this task done.

So the problem is: After selecting channel from another satellite diseq commands are sent (at least one of them because positioner goes to selected position) but, to have a picture I need to switch to another channel on this satellite (or even to change transponder to get it to work).

Can it be fixed somehow?

In settings-options-hardware, in the re-tune box, did you set a time or is it set to zero? If at zero, change it to 2 or 3 and see if your channel will tune after moving the dish.

In settings-options-hardware, in the re-tune box, did you set a time or is it set to zero? If at zero, change it to 2 or 3 and see if your channel will tune after moving the dish.

Thank you for advise it works great!