MiniEPG - Up/Down to browse now/next - Enter to change channel

CX23882-19

At present, the timing at which the Now/Next OSD miniEPG changes channel is dependent upon the "channel switching delay". Therefore, changing channels with the dedicated Channel + and Channel - keys takes the same amount of time as pressing Up and Down within the miniEPG. If the delay is turned off, the switches immediately. I prefer to see what's on before switching channels. Or in some cases I want to continue watching what's already on.

Would you please consider a change so that you can browse Now/Next with Up and Down, and then change to that channel by pressing OK/Enter?

The full-screen OSD EPG is too slow whereas the miniEPG can quickly browse between channels to see what else is on. If Enter is not pressed, don't change to that channel. If Enter is pressed, change immediately. Or you can change immediately by using the Channel +/- buttons.

I don't think I've explained this well, but I hope you get the idea of my proposal (basically, similar to how the mini-Guide behaves in Windows Media Center).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think that this would also be a useful addtion. My cable box does this and its something I miss in DVB. Adding a simple left/right control and displaying now/next from another channel up/down from present position would be fantastic.

I think this would be really useful as well, kinda like the way Sky does it. Left/right scans through the epg for the current channel, up/down scrolls through the channels without actually changing the channel. Enter to change to the selected channel.

Would make my wife happier. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to have this feature too, in combination with left and right button to jump in the timeshift buffer (maybe a little bit like vista media center)

maybe via tweaks.txt left-right button doing timeshift iso volume up/down

Edited by brutus

This would be good for me too, also with a channel status indication so that you know if the channel is available or not (just like MP :-) )

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Nice and useful feature, but..

I am using only favorites so moving up/down scrolls through the channels is not useful to me because it uses the general channel list.

Would be possible to add an option or a tweak to this new feature so favorites could be used instead of general channel list?

Then users of favorites like me could move between channels conveniently by using this new feature. :)