Cyberlink h.264 no longer available in DVBv

Andyba

Recently I’ve had problems decoding HD with the cyberlink h.264 decoder. In DVBViewer it is no longer available!

I gather that I’m not alone, but Google translate has not been able to locate a solution on the board.

I think it’s down to the updates which you are prompted to install when you start PDVD 7.3. At one stage I even found the driver on my Pioneer BDC-202 had a problem and I was unable to access the drive.

So I decided to change the drive and bought a new BDC-S02 with included Cyberlink BD Suite. I did a clean install of XP MCE on another chassis, and all the XP updates.

HD using DVBv GE worked fine, but as soon as soon as I started PDVD in the suite to play DB I got the popup.

Downloading the update killed the h.264 availability in DVBv GE.

Now I’m not sure if I need the update to play BD, or what happens if I merely ignore it? Does it keep coming back?

On my existing main system, what started this pop-up? If I ignore it there I’m unable to play BD! The system worked perfectly a few months back. What’s changed?

Not a DVBv issue I suspect, but any assistance appreciated. Thanks

Recent PowerDVD updates (except PowerDVD Deluxe) don't provide the decoder for general use, which means, it's not registered as a DirectShow filter anymore. However, it still seems to work with PowerDVD trial versions (result of a discussion in the German section of this board, a web translator will help to understand...).

This is 7.3, in both std and BD solution packages.

On a clean install, the first run prompts you to download an update. Doing this kills the h.264 availability for DVBv.

Am presently ignoring the prompt, which only seems to appear just that once.

Clean install now two days old, and no probs.