Running the motor...

Milly

I've just upgraded to vista64 and the new drivers for my ssHD2 work!! (couldn't get them to work in vista32).

Anyway i'm interested in running the motor thru DVBViewer so i can get rid of my technomate 3100!

I've had a quick scout around here but can't find a definitive guide anywhere, can anyone point me in the right direction?

As i look at it you have to go into channel editor every time and put in the go to angular digits??

Do you have to do this every time? or if you've put them in once every time you select that channel does the DVBViewer move to the requested sat??

Just wondering as this seems a bit like overkill.. might take about three weeks to fill that in for every channel..!!

* Excuse my ignorance if i am wrong !*

There have been some major changes concering DiSEqC lately. Please read this

http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/TransEdit%20E/DiSEqC.html

... particularly the "Hints for DVBViewer Pro" sections. The chapter refers to TransEdit 3.3 and the current DVBViewer Pro Beta, that will become a stable release within a few weeks.

That looks great Griga ! :D

I'll have a better read tomorrow, now just to get that integrated into the UI ;);)

*edit*

Having read that, am i being silly thinking it needs integrating into the UI once set-up if you select the channel does DVBViewer move the dish if necessary??

Edited by Milly

Got the motor running in USALS, really good VERY surprised.... computer didn't blow up, BONUS.

However, i have one small issue and am not sure if it is software related. I assume it's drivers.

When i change channels and the new channel is on a different sat, the lnb isn't activated - meaning the screen stays blank until i change to another channel on the same satellite!

I'm using DVBViewer latest beta....

When i change channels and the new channel is on a different sat, the lnb isn't activated - meaning the screen stays blank until i change to another channel on the same satellite!

Maybe there's a tuner lock timeout, which means, if there's no signal for some seconds, because the dish has to be moved to the new position, the driver gives up. Try Options -> Hardware -> Retune on missing stream after 3 seconds or so.

Maybe there's a tuner lock timeout, which means, if there's no signal for some seconds, because the dish has to be moved to the new position, the driver gives up. Try Options -> Hardware -> Retune on missing stream after 3 seconds or so.

Tried the hardware retune didn't work no matter how many seconds i had it on ...

Noticed the motor worked fine 1w to say 4.8e, try to go to 28e from there and it locks up and won't go anywhere.Probably drivers...

Also appears the SSHD2 might have fried my lnb as signal levels seem to have dropped dramatically since this trial!! :(

I have been trying to make my motor move as well. Sometimes it will using USALS, but never with DiSeqC 1.2. I have ended up buying a STAB DiSeqC 1.2 Controller (costing £50 !). I have not yet used it, but i am assured that it will fix the problem. Having played around with this programme for a month, and doing a few hours research every night, it seems clear that somewhere there is a communication problem between by Skystar HD card and this software. I will watch this thread with interest, and lets hope one day it can be solved. I would like to stress that i CAN move the motor when doing a fresh scan, but it will not move from satellite to satellite that are stored in memory or what have been added as favourites.

I have been trying to make my motor move as well. Sometimes it will using USALS, but never with DiSeqC 1.2. I have ended up buying a STAB DiSeqC 1.2 Controller (costing £50 !). I have not yet used it, but i am assured that it will fix the problem. Having played around with this programme for a month, and doing a few hours research every night, it seems clear that somewhere there is a communication problem between by Skystar HD card and this software. I will watch this thread with interest, and lets hope one day it can be solved. I would like to stress that i CAN move the motor when doing a fresh scan, but it will not move from satellite to satellite that are stored in memory or what have been added as favourites.

The motor moved fine for me for channels in favorites, only stopping when a move from 1w to 28e was attempted...

I'd assume this has to be a drivers problem myself not sending the charge/signal properly??

I would love to get this working reliably just so i can get rid of the pointless tm3100 stb i have which just serves as a motor runner at present!

I just installed my Skystar HD 2 and am having the same motor control problems as others are. I use sats 74w to 125w.

One thing I noticed - Transedit has no trouble controlling the motor and gets it right every time. However, DVBViewer itself cannot. If you go into the Positioner setup in DVBViewer, the device drop-down selection is blank. As soon as you select the Technisat device, motor control is back, but just for a second. As soon as you leave and come back, the selection is empty again. The Positioner setup in Tranedit, on the other hand, retains the device selection and therefore, can always control the motor.

Is this a DVBViewer issue?

plawlor