New features!

Lurkah

Guest hackbart

err,

don't panic i would say let's close at least this topic about streaming. Just one small thing. Since DVBViewer is based on Directshow, like all media players under windows, it should not be a problem to use a streaming filter in other programs too.

Cheers

Christian

PS: Multicast is a fine thing. I remember the days in the student hostal, after somebody multicasted the WM into the student network.. This was really enjoying :)

Just one small thing. Since DVBViewer is based on Directshow, like all media players under windows, it should not be a problem to use a streaming filter in other programs too.

And we're supposed to use Directshow filters on Linux or a hardware reciever? It's got to be ICY.
Guest DAvenger

1. I am not sure what formats are supported by ICY. Any ideas where to get some more specs?

2. Does your hardware receiver support mpeg-1 layer2? Cos that's the format used in DVB ...

I'll have a go too :)

1. I am not sure what formats are supported by ICY.

It's just a transport afaik, agnostic about the compression scheme being transported.

2. Does your hardware receiver support mpeg-1 layer2? Cos that's the format used in DVB ...

Damn straight, I'm listening to a 128kbps mp2 stream right now on my Slimp3. I believe at least another couple of network hardware players do as well. Slimp3 tends to be the popular one around my parts though.