• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amontillado

• Flowy

• CiNcH

• sw4y

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From what i've seen mostly the language info is put in either a separate language file or added to the DVBViewer language file. You can call the latter translations using "GetTranslation" but I don't think they are automatically translated by the osd engine (at least not when I tested it). Hopefully a developper can clarify this.

Translating in the OSD done with numbers. So you write a number in the Skin instead of the text (100 for Iconview). You can find the numbers in the language file in the [OSD] part. So replace Genre in the OSD page with 135 and so on.

If you need a text for the OSD which is not include in the current language file tell me and i will include it in the next version. In the mean time you can provide a changed language file.

p.s. if you did not notice until now you attachment space should be bigger since May 2nd.

mymovies_0.01.22 i think there is a bug

The Backdrop updade isn´t correct. Now the image dvd case is the "new" backdrop background and not the really background?

mymovies_0.01.22 i think there is a bug

The Backdrop updade isn´t correct. Now the image dvd case is the "new" backdrop background and not the really background?

Kinda.. I forgot to include the update xml's with .22.

I'll post a new version later on... almost finished changing the storage of the movie info from the ini to a sqlite db.

ps... i'll respond to the rest of remarks then aswell.. sorry :bye:

I uploaded .24, Should fix the missing backdrops. MovieData is now stored in a sqlite database, old data is retained but I strongly suggest that you re-import the movies since a lot more data is now stored.

Translating in the OSD done with numbers. So you write a number in the Skin instead of the text (100 for Iconview). You can find the numbers in the language file in the [OSD] part. So replace Genre in the OSD page with 135 and so on.

If you need a text for the OSD which is not include in the current language file tell me and i will include it in the next version. In the mean time you can provide a changed language file.

p.s. if you did not notice until now you attachment space should be bigger since May 2nd.

Thanks for clarifying this. I'll change it in a next version and let you know if additions are needed.

ps.. i didn't :bye: ... thanks for that.

Would be possible to show MyMovies icon in "HTPC home window" section instead "Home window" general section?

Good question, probably from within a skin but I haven't found a way to do it from within the plugin. The only thing I found until now is the "AddMenuButton" function, but for some reason I can't get that to work properly.

Thumbnails in the mymovie-list are not scaled to the fullsize of the box, at the bottom (where the description is) they are.

Would it be possible, that thumbnails are always scaled to fullsize?

Do you perhaps refer to the grayish outline ? cause that's just part of the skin, feel free to remove it.

The second point, how can I remap the mymovies-entry to my remote instead of "osd-video"? Don't know the ID, to change it.

Would be great if that works.

The windowid is 99789. You can btw also use dvbspy to find these.

Would it be possible to add a button "Serien" or "Dokus" that opens a new osd-page and shows me, for example my recordings or some tv-series on my hd? Of course in the same way the mymovies look like. On that page there has to be a button that goes back to mymovies.

I tried it myself by creating a new button that jumps to myvideo, the myvideo.xml was replaced by another mymovies.xml (renamed it) and in the videooptions of DVBViewer I pointed towards the special folder on my hd.

That did not work ... I know that would have been quick-and-dirty but would have worked for me.

Maybe you know how to implement it, maybe still on your to-do-list?

But first of all, I hope you know what I mean

If I understand correctly what you want then just adding a button that jumps to myvideo's should work. Replacing the myvideo xml with a copy of mymovies.xml won't.. there are some items missing from mymovies and items that have no function in myvideo's.

Looks absolutely great. Only one suggestion comes to mind at the moment.

Some kind of auto-update of the list would be great. For example I have folder called Movies and there's all. If I remove or add something to that folder, it would be nice to have it automatically refresh the list.

I uploaded .24, Should fix the missing backdrops. MovieData is now stored in a sqlite database, old data is retained but I strongly suggest that you re-import the movies since a lot more data is now stored.

Do you perhaps refer to the grayish outline ? cause that's just part of the skin, feel free to remove it.

The windowid is 99789. You can btw also use dvbspy to find these.

Hey, thx for the update. Backdrops now work correctly. I meant, that the thumbs are not scaled to the grayish outline. But again, with the update now everything works fine, everything looks as it should.

But I was not able to remap the mymovies entry to a button on my keyboard. I added a new command in the options with the id 99789. But nothing happens.

Maybe someone knows how to solve this?

Greetz & have a nice weekend!

Some kind of auto-update of the list would be great. For example I have folder called Movies and there's all. If I remove or add something to that folder, it would be nice to have it automatically refresh the list.

I agree.

It's not difficult to check for removed folder on initalisation and remove the entries in the db of movies that aren't available anymore, I'll do that in a next version. For the automatically adding part I'd prefer to wait a bit.. Flowy is improving the Movie Info download tool even more, once that is done I will let that also start on initialisation.

How can I put my own MS Access movie database into MyMovies if the textfile is not longer supported?

How can I put my own MS Access movie database into MyMovies if the textfile is not longer supported?

I'll keep the procedure that imports the data of the .ini (when no movies.db is found) in there, so shouldn't be a problem

I'll keep the procedure that imports the data of the .ini (when no movies.db is found) in there, so shouldn't be a problem

So I have to delete the movies.db everytime I want to add some new movies from my database?

EDIT: But maybe this request is no longer relevant, because my HTPCs have not enough cpu power for smooth navigation (see msg below). I will check this this evening.

Edited by dgdg
It is actually an old problem, see here. The OSD engine can be, under circumstances, pretty slow. Let's hope for D3D in the future...

I checked this out: Up to 50% cpu load on my 3 GHz dual cpu server PC when I navigate thru the icons (without a tuned channel - so the renderer was not active).

I didn't test the plugin on my 1,7 GHz single cpu HTPC till now... :bye:

Edited by dgdg
Please note, that the files are only for testing. The graphics aren't customized for the xml files.

These testfiles do not look very official. Has an alternativ skin been released in the meantime?

Still problem is rendering of OSD by CPU.

With any Onboard GPUs the navigation is very slow, especially on HD-TV, because the process load is much higher then using by extern GPUs (AGP/PCI-E)!

And yes, only D3D rendering will be bring better performance, hopefully. :bye:

In the above movie selection you managed to keep the correct aspect of the picture, but not within the jewel case, see screenshot:

mymovies.jpg

In the above movie selection you managed to keep the correct aspect of the picture, but not within the jewel case, see screenshot:

post-26560-1241952942_thumb.jpg

You can change this in the xml, set "ratio" to "true" for the image (controlid 3200). Unfortunatly they will then align to the top, dont think there is a setting in the skin to prevent that.

This will only work if you have "use local thumbs" set to off since the Folder thumbs are resized to the aspect ratio of normal Folder images. This is done simply because I prefer it. The small ratio difference of the folder images don't look very nice (in my opinion) and the ratio option for the thumbnail panel images doesnt seem to work therefore i just resize the thumbs.

But looking at you screenshot you are not using local thumbs, so for you it should work.

This plugin looks just what I have been looking for. However when I try to use the FillmInfoPic.exe I get the following error:

Error sourcing /Dokumente und Einstellungen/Administrator/Desktop/Filmpicsn/Freewrap/FilmInfosPics.tcl: no files matched glob pattern "*"

() 1 %

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Robbo1

That´s a error, because there are no folders.

Its on my bug list

thanks

Every Move must be in a folder

Edited by Flowy
Do you mean that each movie must be in it's own folder?

EDIT:

Ignore the above, I have put each individual film in it's own folder and it works just fine.

This is an awesome feature - I am so impressed! :)

Development wise:

I agree with the auto-update requests, that would be an excellent addition. From an update perspective it would be good to both automatically download data when a new film is inserted as well as then automatically updating the database rather than doing it manually.

It would also be very helpful to have folder locations listed in the configuration menu (within DVBViewer options) so that you can set up multiple locations for films where they may span multiple drives or folders. Both the database and the down-loader could utilise this folder information to make set-up nice and easy.

I have also noticed that if the system can not find a film, it doesn't show anything in the list. Would it be possible to insert a dummy backdrop etc so that the film is then actually listed (otherwise you have to find it via HTPC which is a pain and when you have a lot of films it is difficult to remember what is not in the list).

Finally, would it be possible to have an autodetect function on DVDs and BR disks when they are inserted? If the system saw a new disk and immediatelly downloaded the data and stored it in a DVD cache folder so that it was there for the next time the disk was inserted. You could then keep all your films listed even if they are not on your hard drive and have a prompt telling you to insert the disk if you try to play one which isn't in the drive.

I am not a programmer so I have no idea how possible these features are, but I thought it worth suggesting them. Please feel free to tell me where to stick my ideas :angry:

Cheers

Robbo1

EDIT:

Ignore the above, I have put each individual film in it's own folder and it works just fine.

This is an awesome feature - I am so impressed! :)

Glad to hear it works now :angry:

I agree with the auto-update requests, that would be an excellent addition. From an update perspective it would be good to both automatically download data when a new film is inserted as well as then automatically updating the database rather than doing it manually.

It would also be very helpful to have folder locations listed in the configuration menu (within DVBViewer options) so that you can set up multiple locations for films where they may span multiple drives or folders. Both the database and the down-loader could utilise this folder information to make set-up nice and easy.

Both will be added in a next version.

I have also noticed that if the system can not find a film, it doesn't show anything in the list. Would it be possible to insert a dummy backdrop etc so that the film is then actually listed (otherwise you have to find it via HTPC which is a pain and when you have a lot of films it is difficult to remember what is not in the list).

Flowy is working hard on a new version of the downloader, i think he will add some kind of interface to show you if a movie is recognized or not. (but that's something he can answer best).

Finally, would it be possible to have an autodetect function on DVDs and BR disks when they are inserted? If the system saw a new disk and immediatelly downloaded the data and stored it in a DVD cache folder so that it was there for the next time the disk was inserted. You could then keep all your films listed even if they are not on your hard drive and have a prompt telling you to insert the disk if you try to play one which isn't in the drive.

I'll have to look into that, the storing part is allready possible, you can manually add dvd's,.. so "all" the is needed is to recognize the dvd/br and download the data.. hmmm... probably possible, but havent looked into it yet.

Nice one amontillado (do you have a date for the next update? - no pressure!)

I have had a quick look and it should be possible using DVDID.

Apparently: "The dvdid is a CRC64 number generated by scanning the *.IFO and *.BUP files in the VIDEO_TS folder, combining that with the VOLUME_ID from the DVD disk itself."

That could be coupled with the sort of information shown here: http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/dvdlist.htm

But I would be surprised if IMDB (or others) didn't list their content with DVD ID column to their database.....

pause....

I thought I would test the above statement. I downloaded the update list from the above website (in .xls form) and picked a random DVD and then put "IMDB 886972775821" into google (886972775821 is under the UPC column) and it came back with a single google hit: http://dvdlist.kazart.com/queryDVDList2.php3?id=157976, which is the correct listing for that UPC number - no I am not a backstreet boys fan before you ask! :) .

Next question.... how do you get the UPC number and assuming it is the same as the DVDID number??, how do you get it "from the *.IFO and *.BUP files in the VIDEO_TS folder". When I get home I will see if I can find such a number on some of my DVDs

As I say, I am not a programmer, more of an idea man. :angry:

Robbo1

Flowy is working hard on a new version of the downloader, i think he will add some kind of interface to show you if a movie is recognized or not. (but that's something he can answer best).

I think he means, if my prog didn´t find anything, than a standard blackdrop will be shown in the mymovies plugin? I would prefer a cinema picture :)

Edited by Flowy
I think he means, if my prog didn´t find anything, than a standard blackdrop will be shown in the mymovies plugin? I would prefer a cinema picture ;)

The import function looks for the info.txt files, so when your program doesnt find anything the movie will simply not be added. Those movies have to be added manually currently. From my point of view the current plan is to keep the automated movies detection logic in your program

If you manually add a movie and dont set a backdrop it will use the default background of the xml, you can change that to anything you want.. popcorn, cinema , your pet turtle.. :)

@robo1.

Thanks for the upc info

The best thing would be if we could use the upc to download the info from themoviedb, i read in the moviedb forums that there have been plans to include the upc's in the api, but that hasn't happened yet.

As soon as i have some time again ... (which won't happen before this weekend :angry: ) I'll look into it.

Not wanting to linger on the point, I think it would definitely be beneficial to automatically add a blank info.txt (with just the film title based upon the file name) to the directory of an un-detected film and add an item to the .ini file (or what ever it does - I told you I wasn't a programmer :) ) so that you can then use the interface in the DVBViewer settings to add the detail manually.

Without doing this, the user has to manually do a comparison between the files in his MyMovie list with the files on his hard drives and work out what films have not been detected.

Just a thought.... :angry:

I will keep looking into the UPC stuff and report back

Not wanting to linger on the point, I think it would definitely be beneficial to automatically add a blank info.txt (with just the film title based upon the file name) to the directory of an un-detected film and add an item to the .ini file (or what ever it does - I told you I wasn't a programmer blush.gif ) so that you can then use the interface in the DVBViewer settings to add the detail manually.

Yes i think the same, so I´m doing a graphical interface for the movie search.

This looks good, but with the the current Page, where i search the informations from the movie, I can´t find any title withe DVDID

along with this to convert the DVDID to a title name:

http://www.e-home.no/metaservices/?mod=2

English titles maybe found but german titles not. Thats not good

so I´m doing a graphical interface for the movie search

Excellent News!

I can´t find any title withe DVDID

I think it may have to be a two stage search, firstly get the DVDID, then search for the name or UPC of the disk using the DVDID and then use the UPC or disk name to get the details using themoviedb.

There must be a better way. I suppose for some disks you could use the DVD volume name, but they often have to be shortened names and very often do not return any results.

I will keep thinking.

English titles maybe found but german titles not. Thats not good

Not for me it isn't :rotfl: . Only joking, I will try to find something that works for all disks. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is the Addon, i am waiting for.

downloaded, installed by the Doku, scanned the movies, imported into mymovies.

tried the both supported skins.

checked the mymovies.db and my more...

But..

I can t see the Movie Information!

Both of the supported skins runs flawless, but i cant see the my movies improvemend.(mymovies.xml is in the OSDSkins/skins directory!)

whats wrong in my Config?

Regards, V.

Edited by venk
This is the Addon, i am waiting for.

downloaded, installed by the Doku, scanned the movies, imported into mymovies.

tried the both supported skins.

checked the mymovies.db and my more...

But..

I can t see the Movie Information!

Both of the supported skins runs flawless, but i cant see the my movies improvemend.(mymovies.xml is in the OSDSkins/skins directory!)

whats wrong in my Config?

Regards, V.

Is the mymovies.db filled ? (you can use sqlitebrowser to check it)

And please post the osd and osderror logs hopefully something is listed there.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree.

It's not difficult to check for removed folder on initalisation and remove the entries in the db of movies that aren't available anymore, I'll do that in a next version. For the automatically adding part I'd prefer to wait a bit.. Flowy is improving the Movie Info download tool even more, once that is done I will let that also start on initialisation.

Is there an update on this already? :-)

It would be very nice to have an automatic adding for the movies, importing the info.txt, cover.jpg and the backdrops. If its already added, i will go and cut my hair...

Is there an update on this already? :-)

It would be very nice to have an automatic adding for the movies, importing the info.txt, cover.jpg and the backdrops. If its already added, i will go and cut my hair...

i am sorry to say no

the graphical integration make problems. Next week I´ll check new things, but the whole program with gui and database need time :/

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to try out the my movies plugin and filminfopics.exe tonight on top of my concinnity 3D skin.

I have mostly Bluray back-ups on a 1 TB drive, recently I started playing these back via DVBViewer 4.1 so I leave them in "File Mode" in a folder for each but I also have some back-ups that are an iso file.

Will filminfopics.exe get the data from the iso's without mounting them (virtual drive I mean) as long as I put the iso file in a folder of the movie title?? Or will these need to be re-backed up in "File Mode"??

If the above does work, did i read correctly that I get a prompt to "put the disc in the drive" (or in my case mount it)???