MyMovies - Movie info OSD Plugin

amontillado

New version uploaded (.32) with support for iso's.

Please note that this feature uses the Daemon Tools settings of DVBViewer, so if don't have those setup (and automount enabled) it wont work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amontillado

• Flowy

• CiNcH

• sw4y

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hallo!

Eine Frage - wie kann ich dieses coole Plugin in den Skin XIC3HD einbinden?

Skin Link: http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=19905

Oder muss ich mich da an den Skinner wenden (hab beim Skinposting auch schon geschrieben)?

btw kommt das dann sowieso später noch, für andere Skins auch?

Danke für die Info,

lg, Red

Hello Amontillado,

Really cool plugins you made, finally DVBViewer starts to look like a proper htpc software.

But i have a question. Can you make the MyMovies plugin work with a program like Media Center Master? its a reel good program to get all the movie information, folder and backdrop and more.

Here is a link Media Center Master.

It use xml files to store all the movie information. the files are stored in the folder of the movie, almost like info.txt but this one is named mymovies.xml. the xml file structure of mymovies.xml is used by more media center programs.

I hope you can do something with this.

Keep up the good work.

Greets

Arne

Hello Amontillado,

Really cool plugins you made, finally DVBViewer starts to look like a proper htpc software.

But i have a question. Can you make the MyMovies plugin work with a program like Media Center Master? its a reel good program to get all the movie information, folder and backdrop and more.

It use xml files to store all the movie information. the files are stored in the folder of the movie, almost like info.txt but this one is named mymovies.xml. the xml file structure of mymovies.xml is used by more media center programs.

Keep up the good work.

Greets

Arne

Probably, I'll have a look at the xml it generates tomorrow and see if its easy to implement.

Hello Amontillado,

Keep up the good work.

Greets

Arne

Added it, please try version .33 to see if it works.

OT:

.rar

Windows can make .zip's by default since windows XP so that *any* other windows user can open the zip file without installing third party software.

Good thing that DVBViewer comes as executable , if it was .rar then I would not buy it, no matter how good DVBViewer is.

Sorry, that a basic principle that I use, keep it as simple as possible.

Litte different under Ubuntu, as most linux distro's; if a codec or certain software is not installed, then the linux distro looks on the web and finds usual the solution.

there I accept that extra click.

/OT

Seems a very nice pluigin but I wait till D3D for smoother OSD display.

Added it, please try version .33 to see if it works.

It works SUPER. I think even faster than the info.txt files

Thanks for the fast response, you are a great addition as a plugin developer for DVBViewer

Keep up the good work.

Greets

Arne

Downloadlinks are DEAD?

i want to try this plugin.

-------------EDIT------

download works fine now any problems on my network.

Edited by nsession
great work looks really good but could you please make a xml for the default OSD skin :bye:

I'll be honest... I dont like making skins.. I tried making one for the default osd once but didnt like the result... perhaps you could do it ;)

I'll be honest... I dont like making skins.. I tried making one for the default osd once but didnt like the result... perhaps you could do it ;)

sorry mate a would not no where to start but a have got to say you plugin is whicked it start to look like htpc

have you ever thought off music plugin as well ? :bye:

sorry mate a would not no where to start but a have got to say you plugin is whicked it start to look like htpc

have you ever thought off music plugin as well ? :bye:

a start: http://www.DVBViewer.com/download/skineditor.zip :bye:

And yes, i have thought about a music plugin, I plan to make one which includes some form of LastFm / Audioscrobbler support.

But that will take a while.. I'll make you a deal: You make a decent default skin, and I'll start on a music plugin. ;)

icant add a movie, path or series, i dont no whta i am doing wrong.

i click add, type in the movie title, add a folder.jpg and click add, but nothing appears in the list.

how should this work?

Aha it requiers !2! DVBViewer restarts, i guess its a bug.

now it works!

Edited by VinoRosso
icant add a movie, path or series, i dont no whta i am doing wrong.

i click add, type in the movie title, add a folder.jpg and click add, but nothing appears in the list.

how should this work?

Aha it requiers !2! DVBViewer restarts, i guess its a bug.

now it works!

Thanks for pointing it out, I never noticed it since I allready had an database :biggrin:

Its fixed in .34

okay, after some playtime i got a new idea for a feature :biggrin:

i dont know if its possible, but it would be very very nice, if you could add trailers for the movies, or at least a posibillity to add a trailer manually and play them from the osd as an appetizer :bye:

manual add shouldnt be a problem, i guess. but the cooles thing would be adding them with this tool from flowy :(

okay, after some playtime i got a new idea for a feature :biggrin:

i dont know if its possible, but it would be very very nice, if you could add trailers for the movies, or at least a posibillity to add a trailer manually and play them from the osd as an appetizer :bye:

manual add shouldnt be a problem, i guess. but the cooles thing would be adding them with this tool from flowy :(

This has actually allready been asked in this topic before, and as Flowy allready mentioned there is a link to a youtube trailer available in the info.txt so that isnt really the problem.

However, getting DVBViewer to play this is quite some work, there are bassically two alternatives:

1. Add an basic internet browser to MyMovies (or let MyMovies use the Internet plugin example) and load the youtube link

2. Download the trailer (flv) and play that.

I dont really like either one and for the moment and they both require to much work in my opinion.

What you can do is manually add saved trailer files to the filename path, they will then be added to the playlist.

And the one thing I'm willing to add is some kind of logic to detect trailer files.. e.g. Save all trailer files in a \%movie%\trailer.

What you can do is manually add saved trailer files to the filename path, they will then be added to the playlist.

And the one thing I'm willing to add is some kind of logic to detect trailer files.. e.g. Save all trailer files in a \%movie%\trailer.

that would be enough. manually get the trailer and adding them seems okay for me.

i just would like to have an option to play them in the osd.

just adding them to the playlist sucks in my eyes :biggrin:

maybe in the options menu another point "play trailer", if there is one, would be cool.

that would be enough. manually get the trailer and adding them seems okay for me.

i just would like to have an option to play them in the osd.

just adding them to the playlist sucks in my eyes :biggrin:

maybe in the options menu another point "play trailer", if there is one, would be cool.

since this was an easy one I decided to add some basic functionallity.

You can now manually add an trailer, and then select "Play trailer" from the Options Pop-up

since this was an easy one I decided to add some basic functionallity.

You can now manually add an trailer, and then select "Play trailer" from the Options Pop-up

wow, very fast support, thx :biggrin:

i will try it.

Thats nice.

With Media Center Master you can automatic download trailers from yahoo.

I just tried but MyMovies plugin doesn't recognise .mov (quicktime) files. can you put support for .mov files in your plugin, or can you make the plugin read the DVBViewer known video extensions settings?

Start to like this plugin more and more.

By the way has somebody have a help file or something about how to edit OSD, like settings and what everything mean?

Greets

Arne

Thats nice.

I just tried but MyMovies plugin doesn't recognise .mov (quicktime) files. can you put support for .mov files in your plugin, or can you make the plugin read the DVBViewer known video extensions settings?

Start to like this plugin more and more.

By the way has somebody have a help file or something about how to edit OSD, like settings and what everything mean?

Greets

Arne

you have to install quicktime and add .mov files in the supported video files of DVBViewer.

the trailers from apple could i play with these settings, trailers from some other sites not.

Yeah, that works nicely although in many occasions it doesnt find something at yahoo but it then does find some at the other sites.

I added logic to the import function looks for "trailer.######" files.

..or can you make the plugin read the DVBViewer known video extensions settings?

allready changed that for the next version, should have done it in the first place anyway.

Perhaps in the german wiki.. but honestly its not that difficult, i just started making small changes to existing skins.

Hi

First of all fantastic work on the iso supprt! Toke some time before I had the time to test it but works like a charm!

Having had the time to test, a couple of other bugs/requests/questions have appeared:

1:

Having load backdrops enabled I have the problem that the backdrop of the movie automatically selected, does not show. If I choose another and go back to the first movie it displays correctly.

2:

With backdrops disabled the background is just black. Is it possible having Live TV in the background instead, as is the case with a missing backdrops with load backdrops enabled?

3:

If I go to another window from the main window (search result or a series group) and return to the main window, the appearance reverts to large icons, even if I had chosen List View before.

Thanks.

Hi

First of all fantastic work on the iso supprt! Toke some time before I had the time to test it but works like a charm!

Having had the time to test, a couple of other bugs/requests/questions have appeared:

1:

Having load backdrops enabled I have the problem that the backdrop of the movie automatically selected, does not show. If I choose another and go back to the first movie it displays correctly.

2:

With backdrops disabled the background is just black. Is it possible having Live TV in the background instead, as is the case with a missing backdrops with load backdrops enabled?

3:

If I go to another window from the main window (search result or a series group) and return to the main window, the appearance reverts to large icons, even if I had chosen List View before.

Thanks.

2. Can be added, but a quick way to realize it yourself is by just removing the background image from the skin (make a copy if you want to revert back to the old situation).

1 & 3. What version are you using ? Cause i've seen both bugs before but in earlier versions ..

Anyway, I'll have a look in two weeks.. now its first time for holiday (honeymoon) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

is it possible that you update the mymovies plugin to import the videos.xml generated by XBMC?

The XBMC got all the scappers needed and they download also the backdrops an coves. My movies are not stored in seperate folders so that solution would be perfect for me.

Thanks

NickBeat

Is there a way to place the Mymovies Menu in the HTPC Home Menu/i.e. replace the myvideo menu? Or can I create a keyboard shortcut to it. I ask because I don't use the "normal" OSD Menu. Just HTPC Home,Mini OSD and Timeline/Channellist.

Hi!

First of all: Thank you for this GREAT Plugin. I hope you had a good honeymoon :o

Is it possible to include a screen that is displayed first time you open the mymovies section where you can select which folder you want to use?

Explanation:

I use Folders to sort my Movies by Genre, like

- Action & Thriller

- Horror

- Comedy

- Mystery

etc. . If I sit down in the evening and want to watch a movie, i'm not quite sure which movie i want to see, but i'm sure that i want to watch an action movie. So when i open the folder "Action & Thriller" in the normal Menu, i only see the movies that are in this folder.

Using your plugin, i always see EVERY movie of every Path i added, so i have to skip much more movies that i just don't want to see right now :)

So, is there kind of a folder selection possible?

(Sorry for bad english and stuff ;) )

Hi,

is it possible that you update the mymovies plugin to import the videos.xml generated by XBMC?

The XBMC got all the scappers needed and they download also the backdrops an coves. My movies are not stored in seperate folders so that solution would be perfect for me.

Thanks

NickBeat

Perhaps if I have some time..

Since I dont have xmbc installed you'll need to send (PM) me some more details of where xmbc downloads the covers to and provide an example videos.xml

Is there a way to place the Mymovies Menu in the HTPC Home Menu/i.e. replace the myvideo menu? Or can I create a keyboard shortcut to it. I ask because I don't use the "normal" OSD Menu. Just HTPC Home,Mini OSD and Timeline/Channellist.

1. I dont know, perhaps.. you can ask in the "Scripting Lounge / COM" of the forum

2. You can activate a window, the windowid for mymovies is 99789. Below is an example code of how it can be used in the command.vbs. (which can be activate by a shortcut). There more info on this elsewere in the forum

sub main(Command)
   Select Case Command 
       Case 20480
           windowmanager.ShowWindow(99789)

End Select
end sub

Hi!

First of all: Thank you for this GREAT Plugin. I hope you had a good honeymoon

Is it possible to include a screen that is displayed first time you open the mymovies section where you can select which folder you want to use?

Explanation:

I use Folders to sort my Movies by Genre, like

- Action & Thriller

- Horror

- Comedy

- Mystery

etc. . If I sit down in the evening and want to watch a movie, i'm not quite sure which movie i want to see, but i'm sure that i want to watch an action movie. So when i open the folder "Action & Thriller" in the normal Menu, i only see the movies that are in this folder.

Using your plugin, i always see EVERY movie of every Path i added, so i have to skip much more movies that i just don't want to see right now

So, is there kind of a folder selection possible?

(Sorry for bad english and stuff )

1. THanks.. and yes, the honeymoon was great :)

2. Currently you can you use the series option for this.

- Go to the MyMovies options, set the "view" to "series" and add one (e.g. Action & Thriller), you can also add backdrops/folder images there for the series/group

- Set the "view" to "movies" again and edit the movies, set the "series" field to the series name you just made.

- Go to MyMovies-Settings options and enable the "Group series".

I can understand that this can be quite some work but I think it suits your needs.

In the future I will add some form of grouping based on the genre information (provided by the info.txt/myvideos.xml).

Perfect! This is all i needed to know... Yes its some work, but i'm not afraifd of it :)

Another Question just popped into my mind: I have some movies that consist of 2 parts (e.g. CD1/CD2). If they are in the same Movie-Folder when i start the Playback, will they be played both?

Is there a way to place the Mymovies Menu in the HTPC Home Menu/i.e. replace the myvideo menu?
1. I dont know, perhaps.. you can ask in the "Scripting Lounge / COM" of the forum

You can disable htpcHome > theMovies in Options > OSD Menu. But where a Plugin appears can only be selected insight the Plugin as far as I know (but i don't know how).

Hey, still using your plugin and I'm still very satisfied with it.

Just for the cause that you don't know what to do with your time :) ... (I appreciate every second you invest in your projects)

Would it be possibble to add an autoupdate-function to the mymovies plugin in the same way you did for the myseries-plugin?

Greetz, sw4y

• 3 weeks later...

New version (.37)

- Added: Automatically replace trailer info from info.txt if a filename like "trailer.######' is found.

- Change: Loads videoextentions from setup.xml (DVBViewer)

- Added: Loads the background image of the home image for certain skins like Concicity Lite (by setting the "#menufocusimage" value to either "home_mymovies.png" or "home_mediacenter_mymovies.png").

- Added: Option to set the OSD Menu window (Home or htpcHome/Mediacenter)

I just came across this plug-in recently - it's a great new addition. I can't believe that I hadn't come across it earlier.

A couple of questions -I have lots of isos's in a flat directory. How can I add them and their assoicated png images as efficiently as possible? Can I create a single info.txt file which includes the file and image paths for all the iso's - if so what is the syntaxt for info.txt?

Also, when I select an iso that I have added manually it gets mounted correctly (using Virtual Clone Drive) but it doesn't start to play. When I select play DVD from within mymovies then the physical DVD player is selected - I don't get an option to select one of my daemon drives. Can anything be done about this to improve usability?

Thanks.

I just came across this plug-in recently - it's a great new addition. I can't believe that I hadn't come across it earlier.

A couple of questions -I have lots of isos's in a flat directory. How can I add them and their assoicated png images as efficiently as possible? Can I create a single info.txt file which includes the file and image paths for all the iso's - if so what is the syntaxt for info.txt?

Also, when I select an iso that I have added manually it gets mounted correctly (using Virtual Clone Drive) but it doesn't start to play. When I select play DVD from within mymovies then the physical DVD player is selected - I don't get an option to select one of my daemon drives. Can anything be done about this to improve usability?

Thanks.

1. FilmInfosPic, the program that downloads the information and images, only works if the movies are in seperate folders. Otherwise you will have to add them manually, one by one

2. Make sure "Autoplay DVD's " is set (in DVBViewers Movies options).

Hope it helps

I tried FilmInfosPic but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with iso's. Does your import function allow for multiple films within the same info.txt file? If so I could edit the info.txt file and simply add the all the iso's that I want to include.

You were correct about "Autoplay DVD's" - it was not set, but it is now and it works fine.

Thanks.

I tried FilmInfosPic but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with iso's.

Does your import function allow for multiple films within the same info.txt file? If so I could edit the info.txt file and simply add the all the iso's that I want to include.

1. You can send a message to Flowy, maybe he can have a look whats wrong.

2. No sorry it treats every info.txt as a single film.

Until then no other sollution then manually add them i'm afraid.