MyMovies - Movie info OSD Plugin

amontillado

uploaded v39, should work now.

Changelog 0.01.39

Fix: Genre data could be reduced to 25 characters.

Fix: Not all info in the info.txt was read.

Added: Sort on Filedate now works.

Fix: Fixed some keyhook errors.

Nice work, sorting works! Really nice :blush:

How works the keys with letter jumping? With my Keyboard it works really fine, but i use my infrared remote control

and with that I cant use this feature, why?

BTW: Sometimes the flag "USe Key shortcuts" is sometimes deleted, after a restart

Everytime i play a movie (over MyMovies or standard over Videos) => MyMovies and MySeries doesn´t update (No pictures and movies will be shown)

@Brutus

Is auto-update working (auto-scanning path for new files) ? What i know, not

How to get DVD/VIDEO_TS into mymovies ? Why not adding all files, even if there is no metadata, if it works like this then I don't need the old-movies OSD anymore.

How do you add you movies? You didn´t work with FilmInfosPics.exe?

Edited by Flowy
  • Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amontillado

• Flowy

• CiNcH

• sw4y

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How works the keys with letter jumping? With my Keyboard it works really fine, but i use my infrared remote control

and with that I cant use this feature, why?

BTW: Sometimes the flag "USe Key shortcuts" is sometimes deleted, after a restart

It monitors keypresses.. so remotes that send/emulate keypresses should work.

Do you use the remote via an remote plugin in DVBViewer?

Everytime i play a movie (over MyMovies or standard over Videos) => MyMovies and MySeries doesn´t update (No pictures and movies will be shown)

Do you mean that if you select a movie, go to the menu, select mymovies... nothing is shown..not even the movie list... or that only the background picture and info isnt updated?

Edited by amontillado
It monitors keypresses.. so remotes that send/emulate keypresses should work.

Do you use the remote via an remote plugin in DVBViewer?

Remote plugin :blush:

mhmh :R

Do you mean that if you select a movie, go to the menu, select mymovies... nothing is shown..not even the movie list... or that only the background picture and info isnt updated?

background picture and info isn´t updated

@flowy:

I use Media Center Master to get mymovies.xml.

I discovered that the VIDEO_TS files should be in the root of the movie subfolder, not in the VIDEO_TS folder !

@amontillado

With the following changes I would be very happy:

- deep-search, try to find the avi/divx/etc also in the movie subfolder

- auto-update/import movies from the path selected in the options menu

- and add also movies without mymovies.xml in the movies subfolder (I know I can also add a dummy mymovies.xml ....)

- have you thought using different view-styles (large icons, small icons, list view), what I'm thinking of is a view with reflections and moving left-2-right to scroll through the movies (film-strip) ? I would be happy to co-work with you, if this is developed in C++/C#

@flowy:

I use Media Center Master to get mymovies.xml.

I discovered that the VIDEO_TS files should be in the root of the movie subfolder, not in the VIDEO_TS folder !

1. Thats actually a small bug that got into the last 2 releases. It should look for a ..\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO or ..\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.IFO file

@amontillado

With the following changes I would be very happy:

- deep-search, try to find the avi/divx/etc also in the movie subfolder

- auto-update/import movies from the path selected in the options menu

- and add also movies without mymovies.xml in the movies subfolder (I know I can also add a dummy mymovies.xml ....)

- have you thought using different view-styles (large icons, small icons, list view), what I'm thinking of is a view with reflections and moving left-2-right to scroll through the movies (film-strip) ? I would be happy to co-work with you, if this is developed in C++/C#

1. Same bug as above, it normally looks for any video files in a movies (sub) folder

2. it will....one day ;) , until then people that use flowys tool can just add schedule it or add to a batch file.

3. You can manually add a movie in the options dialog

4. It allready supports all available viewstyles (list, thumbsmall and thumbbig). In order to get a proper Filmstrip the DVBViewer devs (lars/christian) would need to create a new control. (There are always creative solutions possible with serveral imagecontrols, but that is just not practical).

Idear for "Use Key Shortcuts"

Can you read the events from DVBViewer?

Here the ActionIDs:

http://de.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Actions.ini

Channel0 = 40

Channel1 = 41

Channel9= 49

IS there a possibility to react on this events instead of the hardcoded keyboard pressing events?

ZITAT(amontillado @ Oct 27 2009, 18:01) *

The CoreAVC decoder is the problem, ffdshow video decoder works fine

Edited by Flowy
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Idear for "Use Key Shortcuts"

Can you read the events from DVBViewer?

Here the ActionIDs:

http://de.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Actions.ini

Channel0 = 40

Channel1 = 41

Channel9= 49

IS there a possibility to react on this events instead of the hardcoded keyboard pressing events?

The CoreAVC decoder is the problem, ffdshow video decoder works fine

There is a virtual keyboard. I dont know where and how, but it is there. Rename a favorites folder in the favorites editor and you will see.

Why not add a new action id. That way i could add a button that opens the virtual keyboard or it could be put into the Options menue. Still useful for those with a huge movie collection. Otherwise ist possible to create a small window with a matrix of the alphabet. Its only 0-9 an a-z . 36 chars are a nice 6x6 matrix to navigate.

DVBViewer will switch to sqlite 3 with the next version (UTF-8).

Is this still on the roadmap?

I tried to find any tool or driver to import my own movie database (MS Access) to the mymovies.db, but I could not find any software that supports the out-dated 2.1 format. Even the sqllite browser mentioned in this thread now only supports 3.x. An ODBC driver I found supports 2.8 and 3.1.

The MyMovies plugin has still no import function and I do not want to enter more than 1000 movies manually.

I now found out that there is no chance to use this plugin if yout want to use an existing movie database. No chance to get any exiting data in the MyMovies database.

Edited by dgdg

Yes that is still on the roadmap. I will switch to sqlite3 soon after DVBViewer (not beta) switches.. which probably wont take long.

But next to the suggetions above you could export your data to xml with the same format as media center master (wich mymovies can read). Probably not that difficult since Acces is pretty good in exporting to xml.

Then on a personal note:

I understand that you would like some kind of import tool, but I hope you understand that I prefer spending the little time I have to work on functions that are usable for most users. MyMovies can allready import filminfópics Info.Txt files and Media Center Master video.xml's. Next to that you can use sqlitebrowser.

But next to the suggetions above you could export your data to xml with the same format as media center master (wich mymovies can read). Probably not that difficult since Acces is pretty good in exporting to xml.

Exporting a xml file from access would be no problem. Where can I get a description of the xml file? Or an example file?

Then on a personal note: I understand that you would like some kind of import tool, ...

No, I'm only looking for a way to import my existing movie data - what ever the solution looks like. ;-)

Next to that you can use sqlitebrowser.

The latest version (with import function) says "An error occured: this is not a SQLite 3 database"

The older version that can open mymovies.db has no import function (or I can not find it).

Edited by dgdg
Exporting a xml file from access would be no problem. Where can I get a description of the xml file? Or an example file?

There's a link in the start post, or you can ask "Hard-Art" or "brutus" who have both reported they use media center master.

There's a link in the start post, or you can ask "Hard-Art" or "brutus" who have both reported they use media center master.

You mean the generic link to www.mediacentermaster.com? I already searched for informations on this site - with out success.

Which informations did you use to implement the import function of mymovies.xml?

Sorry for annoying you with my questions. After all these unsuccessful suggestions I think it's time to start my own plugin project now. ;-)

Edited by dgdg
You mean the generic link to www.mediacentermaster.com? I already searched for informations on this site - with out success.

Just download it and let it run for 1 movie.

Just download it and let it run for 1 movie.

Ok. I downloaded and installed it, added 2 movies and now I understand what the program is doing. It generates one xml file for each move file. And MyMovies can not import this xml files without setting the path to every xml file manually, right?

I have more than 1000 files and I was looking for a way to import the data automaticly, not manually file by file. I spend now several hours with this and I think with some little hints (that there is no tool available to import data into a SQLite 2.1 database file and that MyMovies can not import a XML file which contains all movies on one file) I would have saved a lot of time.

Ok, I will wait for SQLite 3 and than make annother attempt to import my data into the SQLite database directly. In the meanwhile I will go on with my own Delphi project.

Ok. I downloaded and installed it, added 2 movies and now I understand what the program is doing. It generates one xml file for each move file. And MyMovies can not import this xml files without setting the path to every xml file manually, right?

I have more than 1000 files and I was looking for a way to import the data automaticly, not manually file by file. I spend now several hours with this and I think with some little hints (that there is no tool available to import data into a SQLite 2.1 database file and that MyMovies can not import a XML file which contains all movies on one file) I would have saved a lot of time.

Ok, I will wait for SQLite 3 and than make annother attempt to import my data into the SQLite database directly. In the meanwhile I will go on with my own Delphi project.

1. Correct, but you can let access generate 1 xml per movie in the movie's subdirectory.

2. Please try to stay polite. People are trying to help and have given you several options. I for one never looked for a tool to import data in sqlite 2.1. Perhaps/probably there is one, mabye not. I dont know.

3. Attached is a delphi component that can handle both 2.x and 3. You can use it to create an import tool,.. or something else.

Greetings,

Ger

Edited by amontillado

Please help to understand if MyMovie Plugin allows me to download necessary pictures and movie description somwhere from the Internet?

All I could realize after viewing this topic is installing the MyMovies Plugin and filling everything manually. So, It looks great but takes a lot of time.

What should I do for automatic search, getting and filling? Is it possible? Is there any instruction how to get all these pictures and descriptions. I would prefer RUSSIAN, but ENGLISH is also affordable.

I have added all my 50 movie-files manually in section (Movies) and also I input the addres (PATH) where all my movies located.

The main thing: Does this plugin able to connect to some external web-database? There is a IMPORT button. What is it FOR?

Thank you in advance, Hopefully get a clear reply from you, guys! o:)

Greetings from Moscow, Russia :bye:

There is a IMPORT button. What is it FOR?

In the startpost two tools are mentioned:

FilmInfosPic which is made by forum member "Flowy" , topic (German) : http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=33140

Media Center Master: http://www.mediacentermaster.com/

The output of both tools can be imported by MyMovies

Edited by amontillado

Oh Yeahhh! It works! Great! Thanks.

One more Question now. Is it possible to change this web source for getting all these info in Russian?

As I know the friend of mine uses www.kinopoisk.ru for similar search with MEDIAPORTAL in russian. Movie names ofcourse should be named in russian variant.

Maybe it is possible to do the same like there but for russian users of DVBViewers (in russian language)? How is it difficult?

Thanks a LOT!

Oh Yeahhh! It works! Great! Thanks.

One more Question now. Is it possible to change this web source for getting all these info in Russian?

As I know the friend of mine uses www.kinopoisk.ru for similar search with MEDIAPORTAL in russian. Movie names ofcourse should be named in russian variant.

Maybe it is possible to do the same like there but for russian users of DVBViewers (in russian language)? How is it difficult?

Thanks a LOT!

Maybe media master can do it, i dont know.

And to be absolutly honest, I doubt very much that mymovies can handle the russian characters/unicode properly.

Just give it a try, i'm curious if it works.

New test version with some bigger changes.

** removed link, newer version on next page **

• Fix: Detection of VIDEO_TS folders was broken. Fix: Detection of videofiles in a subdir was broken.

• Change: Keyhook has 2 differnt modes, also works with actionid's now.
  • Added: Details page. You can now open a details page on selecting a movie. Skinners need to provide a mymovies_details.xml. ControlId's are the same
  • Added: OSD-Color key assignements. You can define which action the osd color keys take.
  • Added: Support for label2 and 3 in the listview. You can define what it should say (options: %title%, %description%, %genre%, %releasedate%
  • Added: Rating image. Looks for 'mymovies_ratingx.png' where x = 1..10. Image with controid 3202 needs to be present skin.
  • Added: Ability to read mediainfo like bitrate and codecs. It requires mediainfo.dll to be present in application directory.
  • Added: Mediainfo images. Looks for 'mymovies_audiocodec.png' (e.g. mymovies_dts.png), mymovies_videocodec.png (e.g. mymovies_avs.png), mymovies_stereo.png (or mon0 / dolby51) mymovies_videowidth.png (e.g. mymovies_1920.png).
  • Change: Looks for folder_original.jpg first, since filminfopics downloads a larger version in that name.

You need to copy the file mediainfo.dll to DVBViewer's application directory (or plugins but that doesnt always seem to work)

In order to use the details page you need to enable "On select open details".

I included an example of a mymovies_details.xml (Thanks to JeRk). But I dont have pictures for all the possible codecs etc.

Hopefully skinners can help me to make proper skins.

post-35319-1259702118_thumb.jpg

post-35319-1259702140_thumb.jpg

Edited by amontillado

Hello Amatillado,

with your new Tstversion 0.01.41 i have problems to show fiml-cover in tbn-format (imported from xbmc). Backdrops in TBN are shown, in ver 0.01.39 also covers in tbn are shown.

if i youse jpg-format for cover its okay.

with your new Tstversion 0.01.41 i have problems to show fiml-cover in tbn-format (imported from xbmc). Backdrops in TBN are shown, in ver 0.01.39 also covers in tbn are shown.

if i youse jpg-format for cover its okay.

Do you have the option "Use local thumbs" enabled ?

YES!

"Use local thumbs" is enabled in 0.01.41 and was enabled in other Versions bevor.

Can you try this one:

mymovies_0.01.41a.zip

You probably need to reimport the movies. (First remove all and then import them again).

Edited by amontillado
Can you try this one:

mymovies_0.01.41a.zip

You probably need to reimport the movies. (First remove all and then import them again).

So, no changes with new Version. I reimport the database after Installation but no cover shown in tbn-format. If i load a jpeg manuell it is shown.

So, no changes with new Version. I reimport the database after Installation but no cover shown in tbn-format. If i load a jpeg manuell it is shown.

1. Can you enable the debug log (in settings) and post the osd.log & osd_error.log

2. Can you disable the "Use local thumbs".

Hello,

quite some nice features in .40 :) Keep the good work up

I started to create a skin and have some questions.

It is now possible to assign the color keys in the options. But when skinning i dont know their text-ID's except for OSD-Green which is 100. I need to know the Text-ID's for red, yellow and blue as well. I used DVB Spy but cant find them there.

When i change OSD-Green to Extended Info for example, then still text 100 "List View" is displayed. I fear you have to switch around all text content once the user is changing the color settings...

OSD-Green with text 100 is working. When i assign the textcolor black the OSD still shows the text in white. Is it possible to fix this ? In my special case white text on a green button is hard to read.

Thats only for mymovies.xml. I didnt do anything with mymovies_details.xml yet. I also havent implemented the codec and sound icons. If there is something i ll post here again. Currenlty i am just stuck with the color buttons.

Edited by mague
1. Can you enable the debug log (in settings) and post the osd.log & osd_error.log

osd.lo & osd_error.log are in attachement

2. Can you disable the "Use local thumbs".

If i disable "Use local thumbs" it works fine. DVD-Cover in tbn-Format are now shown. so i think there are no thumbs????????. if so, i think its a problem with tbn-format (what unusually format!!) and Windows.

osd.lo & osd_error.log are in attachement

If i disable "Use local thumbs" it works fine. DVD-Cover in tbn-Format are now shown. so i think there are no thumbs????????. if so, i think its a problem with tbn-format (what unusually format!!) and Windows.

For as far as I know .tbn's are .jpg or .png who have simply been renamed.

Well, at least there is a solution for now, but I would still like to figure out why the thumbs havent been created

Could you perhaps also post logs with "use local thumbs on" ?

(A PM will be fine as well, in order not to clutter the topic to much)

It is now possible to assign the color keys in the options. But when skinning i dont know their text-ID's except for OSD-Green which is 100. I need to know the Text-ID's for red, yellow and blue as well. I used DVB Spy but cant find them there.

When i change OSD-Green to Extended Info for example, then still text 100 "List View" is displayed. I fear you have to switch around all text content once the user is changing the color settings...

Thats actually is a bit tricky.

The numbers refer to the numbers in Dvbviewers language file (under the [OSD] section). So 100 is not OSD-Green but "Iconview", as e.g. 208 is Play.

This brings up an interesting problem, since the skin doesnt know which function has been assigned under the settings...hmm, didnt really think about that.

It either means that mymovies must set the text, or that the user should change the text in the skin.

any suggetions ?

OSD-Green with text 100 is working. When i assign the textcolor black the OSD still shows the text in white. Is it possible to fix this ? In my special case white text on a green button is hard to read.

No idea what that could be, mymovies doenst change anything to the label properties.

Edited by amontillado