MyMovies - Movie info OSD Plugin

amontillado

Small update: ** removed, new version on next page **

• Fix: Sorting for series works now. A series was sort on the title of the first movie, not the seriesname.
  • Change: Added support for .bmp,.gif,.png folder and backdrop images (.tbn works sometimes, not always :) )

Ps.. People that are using filminfospic with the -DB option (where Filminfospic writes directly to the database) will probably get an error in filminfospic. Flowy will update it soon

Edited by amontillado
  • Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amontillado

• Flowy

• CiNcH

• sw4y

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

do you have time to write code that is dynamically changing the text ? Is it possible at all ?

Otherwise i ll get the numbers from the language file and build the skin for the default settings of the color buttons. I can even add a few more buttons and assign them to other functions like search and sort and leave the rest to the user if he changes the settings for the color buttons. Personally i am quite happy with default and its not like we cant reach most functions through the Menu as well.

There is something completely different. Could you put the focus after a search on the first found movie ? Low prio though.

Edited by mague

Some problems i found with the new Version:

-on "Update MediaInfos" some path in the database were deleted. It has something to do with the "Folder" table, if there is nothing, the path will be deleted.

-on startup from the DVBViewer I have a black screen, thats normal. If i got to the Options and choose MyMovies in the settings, than automatically opens the MyMovies.xml dont know why it happens ?

-The detaile page can´t load any backdrops. Folder.jpg will be shown

Edited by Flowy
Some problems i found with the new Version:

-on "Update MediaInfos" some path in the database were deleted. It has something to do with the "Folder" table, if there is nothing, the path will be deleted.

-on startup from the DVBViewer I have a black screen, thats normal. If i got to the Options and choose MyMovies in the settings, than automatically opens the MyMovies.xml dont know why it happens ?

-The detaile page can´t load any backdrops. Folder.jpg will be shown

1. Havent been able to replicate this. Upon mediainfo update the normal savemovies procedure is used, cant see how that clears a path. Which "Folder" table do you mean ? (the "Paths" table perhaps).

2. Correct, its a bit dirty but I couldnt find a way to get info on the size of the folder images in the skin (which is needed to create thumbs with a logical size). It should only happen once and only if mymovies hasnt been opened before. I'll try to clean this up in a next release.

3. The example mymovies_details.xml doesnt have a background image, only a folder. You need an image with control id 3201 for the background.

1. Havent been able to replicate this. Upon mediainfo update the normal savemovies procedure is used, cant see how that clears a path. Which "Folder" table do you mean ? (the "Paths" table perhaps).

2. Correct, its a bit dirty but I couldnt find a way to get info on the size of the folder images in the skin (which is needed to create thumbs with a logical size). It should only happen once and only if mymovies hasnt been opened before. I'll try to clean this up in a next release.

3. The example mymovies_details.xml doesnt have a background image, only a folder. You need an image with control id 3201 for the background.

ah sry not table ;) wrong meaning

In the Table "movies"

the tab "Folder" for the folder.jpg path.If this "Folder" is empty and I do an update with your MediaInfos than the containing in the tab "Folder" was deleted

2. Ah okay ;)

3. Okay this works now fine, but i see there will be normally loaded the big folder.jpg ? Because this wont be shown Control_ID 3200 ?!

Edited by Flowy
1. ah sry not table ;) wrong meaning

In the Table "movies"

the tab "Folder" for the folder.jpg path.If this "Folder" is empty and I do an update with your MediaInfos than the containing in the tab "Folder" was deleted

3. Okay this works now fine, but i see there will be normally loaded the big folder.jpg ? Because this wont be shown Control_ID 3200 ?!

1. See post below.

3. The skin example only has the folder image (control id 3200), but you can have them both just make sure the skin has both an image with control_id 3200 & one with 3201

Edited by amontillado

New version ** removed, new version below **

• Added: Database is reloaded upon opening mymovies if the database has been changed (e.g. after filminfospic has added a new movie).
  • Fix: The column 'path' was clear if column 'folder' was empty. (Actually not used in mymovies, but perhaps in filminfospic)

Edited by amontillado
Added: Database is reloaded upon opening mymovies if the database has been changed (e.g. after filminfospic has added a new movie).

This is good and a step further for an auto updating

Fix: The column 'path' was clear if column 'folder' was empty. (Actually not used in mymovies, but perhaps in filminfospic)

Yes this I need to recognize that the movie is still alive ;)

. The skin example only has the folder image (control id 3200), but you can have them both just make sure the skin has both an image with control_id 3200 & one with 3201

Yes 3200 and 3201 exists. Now with the Version 0.01.41c the big folder on the detailed view works fine ;)

But what i recognize is, that the Informations about Director,Writer,Durations and Actors were never been updated

Director is always "Sam Raimi"

Writers is always "Ivan Raimi,Sam Raimi"

Duration is always "89 Minuten"

Actors is alwasys "Junsitn Long als Clay, Alison Lohman als Christine......."

But many thanks for the great new features :D

Edited by Flowy

Hi,

minor issue.

If you checkmark "on select open details" in the options and assign OSD_Main_Red to "Play", then OSD-Red works like select and opens the detail page.

Just a minor hickup. I am planning to skin for

select = Play Movie

main_Red = Sorting order

main_green = Listview/Thumbsize

main_yellow = Details

main_Blue = Menu

Hi,

its not the plugin.

Director, writer etc. are hardcoded in the example. One hast to write a real mymovies_details.xml to get an update ;)

okay i changed this.

but whats the ID for the Duration?

New version ** removed, new version below **

• Added: Control_id for Runtime (3418) ;)
  • Fix: Function "Play" always plays movie, regardless of setting "on select open details"
  • Change: Example details xml has the right control id's

Edited by amontillado

the mediainfo doesn't seem to work correctly. Just 2 movies have a symbol "bluy ray" (I recorded them, they are HD). All other movies have no icons at all, even though most of them are 5.1. They are all Tv Recorded TS files.

the mediainfo doesn't seem to work correctly. Just 2 movies have a symbol "bluy ray" (I recorded them, they are HD). All other movies have no icons at all, even though most of them are 5.1. They are all Tv Recorded TS files.

A small quote from the "releasenotes" :sadwalk:

I included an example of a mymovies_details.xml (Thanks to JeRk). But I dont have pictures for all the possible codecs etc.

Hopefully skinners can help me to make proper skins.

Somebody (You?) has to create the images for the other codecs

•Added: Mediainfo images. Looks for 'mymovies_audiocodec.png' (e.g. mymovies_dts.png), mymovies_videocodec.png (e.g. mymovies_avc.png), mymovies_stereo.png (or mon0 / dolby51) mymovies_videowidth.png (e.g. mymovies_1920.png).

You can use sqlitebrowser to see in the DB what codec it found (or search in the debuglog, it list what images it tried to read).

If i've got time I'll add the columns to listbox in the mymovies-options so you can see what it found.

I know about the images, but the ones for dd 2.0 and 5.1 and stereo are there so it should not be the images' problem. I tried to read the DB. It only wokred with sqlitebrowser 1.0 because it is not an swlite 3 db(right?). There were colums for the mediainfo, some were filled, but the column description didn't fit with the info!? The 3 movies that do show a blu ray icon have an AVC in the DB. One of them also does have an ac3 info, still no picture. how to I enable the debug log, where is it stored?

I know about the images, but the ones for dd 2.0 and 5.1 and stereo are there so it should not be the images' problem. I tried to read the DB. It only wokred with sqlitebrowser 1.0 because it is not an swlite 3 db(right?). There were colums for the mediainfo, some were filled, but the column description didn't fit with the info!? The 3 movies that do show a blu ray icon have an AVC in the DB. One of them also does have an ac3 info, still no picture. how to I enable the debug log, where is it stored?

A small help with a new version: ** removed , new version on next page **

• Added: Column's for the videocodec, audiocodec, videowidth and audiochannels to help verify if mediainfo found the right info.

The debug files are stored in DVBViewer configuration folder, osd.log & osderror.log. Entry's are created only if the setting "debug log" is enabled.

Edited by amontillado

Hi,

osderror.log

05.12.09 10:17:07 MyMovies-IOSDLabelControl Description label detailskks is NOT assigned, please check the mymovies.xml for a valid label with controlid:3300
05.12.09 10:17:07 MyMovies-IOSDLabelControl Date label detailskks is NOT assigned, please check the mymovies.xml for a valid label with controlid:3301
05.12.09 10:17:07 MyMovies-IOSDLabelControl Genre label detailskks is NOT assigned, please check the mymovies.xml for a valid label with controlid:3302

I am not sure what detailskks is. But it seems its internal and cant be fixed in the skin.

---

No rating should be equal to 0. Currently it displays the rating of the last movie.

---

I am having a problem with the title in mymovies_details.xml. It isnt displayed/updated.

Works now.

Edited by mague

okay, with the new info fields for codecs I have the following result: Nearly all of my movies are detected as MPEG1 Audio 2 channel. Still no Stereo Icon. One movie is detected ac AC3 2 channel, no DD 2.0 Icon. Btw: Most of my movies(ecorded from tv) have 2 audio streams. One mpeg and one ac3. all are detected as MPEG1 audio. Can you change that, so that the second audio stream is shown?

new version: ** removed, newer version below **

• Removed: Most of the labelcontrolreferences. Are not needed and only clutter the osderror.log
  • Change: Xml's dont get loaded anymore when entering options menu before having opened mymovies
  • Change: Images for audiochannels need to be named "mymovies_audiochannelsX.png" were X is number of channels.

Edited by amontillado
okay, with the new info fields for codecs I have the following result: Nearly all of my movies are detected as MPEG1 Audio 2 channel. Still no Stereo Icon. One movie is detected ac AC3 2 channel, no DD 2.0 Icon.

Probably because the audiochannels image is not on any of the example skins I provided. I was hoping that somebody would finish them... i dont have any intention to keep providing proper skins , i dont like it and im not good at it.

I think ive given enough info on how to finish them, and what images can be loaded.

Btw: Most of my movies(ecorded from tv) have 2 audio streams. One mpeg and one ac3. all are detected as MPEG1 audio. Can you change that, so that the second audio stream is shown?

Technically yes, pratically no. Since in most other cases, the first stream is the primary and i dont see a practical way to let users select the stream.

(but you can manually edit the entries with sqlitebrowser)

osderror.log

05.12.09 10:17:07 MyMovies-IOSDLabelControl Description label detailskks is NOT assigned, please check the mymovies.xml for a valid label with controlid:3300
05.12.09 10:17:07 MyMovies-IOSDLabelControl Date label detailskks is NOT assigned, please check the mymovies.xml for a valid label with controlid:3301
05.12.09 10:17:07 MyMovies-IOSDLabelControl Genre label detailskks is NOT assigned, please check the mymovies.xml for a valid label with controlid:3302

I am not sure what detailskks is. But it seems its internal and cant be fixed in the skin.

I used to have to types of label/controls per item.

The 'title' and the 'content' , the 33xx series were the title labels, the 34xx the content. The 'title' were also assigned so i could change the text (e.g. for language changes) but it turned out that wasnt nessecarry. I've removed most of them now

No rating should be equal to 0. Currently it displays the rating of the last movie.

You're right, i'll change it .

Edited by amontillado

Is autoupdate function working (just to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong), I always get "no" in the config screen and I never see that new movies are automatically added to the list. Wouldn't it be a nice feature to call "FilmInfosPics.exe -search new" when a new movie is detected, or add an OSD command "Update movie list" (and retrieve moviedb info). (I'm using DVBViewer in HTPC mode)

Autoupdate is not working for network drives. Maybe you are using one.

It is not necessary when you are using the latest version of both tools. The DB is updated by Filminfospics.exe (when using -output db or both). MyMovies now recognises the DB has been changed on entering MyMovies homescreen. (As mentioned in the changelogs, not yet testet by myself)

Piet

autoupdate works with db, Filminfospics.exe -output db (I removed all paths/movies in mymovies config), how to get it working for network-drives (for another system) ?

mymovies = 41f, Filminfospics = 0.1.2

Edited by brutus

HI, have not been on this thread for a while and i'm still on mymovies version 0.1.27. (Maybe i should update that)

Anyway, I have been having problems with some bluray movies where DVBViewer does not playback the file properly, ie i notice sort of slight half secnd pauses throughout the film. (DVBViewer is at the latest stable release). Some blurays are fine, but I can get PowerDVD or VLC to play the troublesome ones just fine.

I thought the solution would be to use the feature of mymovies to use external player, ie Power DVD but a troublesome movie will playback with the same glitches if i do this.

If i try again the movie, just openening P/DVD as normal it plays fine. So what gives????

If it helps, DVBViewer is set-up to use the H.264 filters for video and audio from PowerDVD 8.

P.S I have not tried asking to load VLC as an external player yet.

Edited by byngo

hello, I noticed, that when i opened Mymovies I can't get out by pressing OSD-Back. I only get out if i press OSD-Menu! When i press osd-back I see the mymopvies detials with the defualt images!

hello, I noticed, that when i opened Mymovies I can't get out by pressing OSD-Back. I only get out if i press OSD-Menu! When i press osd-back I see the mymopvies detials with the defualt images!

Yeah I know, osd-back goes to the previous window. As soon as mymovies is loaded the details page also gets loaded, which makes it the previous window.

I have to think of a way to circumvent that.

new version: ** removed, newer version on next page **

• Fix: OSD-Back (Action, Previous window) showed Mymovies_details window instead of going to previous window

Edited by amontillado
genre doesnt load. Not in listview with %genre% and not as button with ID 3402.

In extended Info it is displayed.

No problems here, perhaps you can post/send me the xml then I can have a look at it.

Anyway, I have been having problems with some bluray movies where DVBViewer does not playback the file properly, ie i notice sort of slight half secnd pauses throughout the film. (DVBViewer is at the latest stable release). Some blurays are fine, but I can get PowerDVD or VLC to play the troublesome ones just fine.

I thought the solution would be to use the feature of mymovies to use external player, ie Power DVD but a troublesome movie will playback with the same glitches if i do this.

If i try again the movie, just openening P/DVD as normal it plays fine. So what gives????

This is not mymovies related so perhaps this isnt the best place for the question. But you could try disabling audio/video, or try different renderers when you open the powerdvd

Hi,

just found a small issue:

When the movie title (probably the other fields, too) contains a " ' " (is apostrophe the right word in english?) the field isn´t filled in the DB. But while I´m typing this I get quite unsure wether this is a MyMovies problem because I´m filling the DB by FilmInfosPics directly.

Do you know about that, Amontillado?

Piet

When the movie title (probably the other fields, too) contains a " ' " (is apostrophe the right word in english?) the field isn´t filled in the DB. But while I´m typing this I get quite unsure wether this is a MyMovies problem because I´m filling the DB by FilmInfosPics directly.

You are probably right. But you can verify it by running filminfopics in "info.txt", check if it created a info.txt in the movies with the apostrophe andthen import the movies via mymovies once.

new version: mymovies_0.01.42.zip

Changes since .41g:

• Added: Abilty to read DVBViewers recording txt files. (Only basic info is read). Please note, it reads all the recording text, so also for recordings that arent movies.
  • Added: Clears deleted files from database (only if files dont have the tab "isRemovable")
  • Fix: Genre wasnt always read properly

Edited by amontillado

Is it possible to add a button "delete movie" to the menu ?

and maybe also a button to update the movies (FilmPicsn DB), or a script that can be executed so I can add in this script "FilmInfosPics.exe -path -search new -output db", or FilmInfosPics will watch in the background if there are any new movies added and will update ?

Is it possible to add a button "delete movie" to the menu ?

and maybe also a button to update the movies (FilmPicsn DB), or a script that can be executed so I can add in this script "FilmInfosPics.exe -path -search new -output db", or FilmInfosPics will watch in the background if there are any new movies added and will update ?

1. Perhaps, not a bad idea actually

2. You can simply schedule filminfospic with windows taskscheduler.. mymovies will see it when the db has changed.

Menu->update database opens a Windows popup Window with an OK Button.

Not sure if the update function is still needed, but the little popup is nasty and steals the focus :bounce: MCE remote users can click it away with OK, others probably have to walk to the PC and click the mouse or Enter on the keyboard..