MyMovies - Movie info OSD Plugin

amontillado

Menu->update database opens a Windows popup Window with an OK Button.

Not sure if the update function is still needed, but the little popup is nasty and steals the focus :bounce: MCE remote users can click it away with OK, others probably have to walk to the PC and click the mouse or Enter on the keyboard..

Thanks, left over from some testing, will remove it in next release.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amontillado

• Flowy

• CiNcH

• sw4y

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please help!

The plugin is great! But I I'd like to modify some things for own using comfortability.

Please tell if it is possible to remove this words from title picture?

I dont want to see GENRE, DIRECTOR, ACTORS words in the right down area of the screen

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...st&id=18651

Is it possible to make this below area clear if I wish?

Thanks in advance

Please help!

The plugin is great! But I I'd like to modify some things for own using comfortability.

Please tell if it is possible to remove this words from title picture?

I dont want to see GENRE, DIRECTOR, ACTORS words in the right down area of the screen

Is it possible to make this below area clear if I wish?

Thanks in advance

Yes, just edit the mymovies.xml with DVBViewer's skineditor.

Hey,

i got a little problem, when i watched a movie and i'm going back to the overview, the title and description isn't updating. It shows the info about the last movie i watched.

Edited by Mugga
Please check the style settings. Think they are not correctly set and written to the ini file.

Do you mean the viewstyle settings?

Those are only saved when changed in the mymovies options, not when they are changed in the osd.

Could you please elaborate a bit?

i got a little problem, when i watched a movie and i'm going back to the overview, the title and description isn't updating. It shows the info about the last movie i watched.

It should actaullay select the last movie that was selected/played (and therefore also show that info). Is the movie part of a series and do you use the 'group series" option?

It should actaullay select the last movie that was selected/played (and therefore also show that info). Is the movie part of a series and do you use the 'group series" option?

Group Movie Series is turned off in settings. It is indifferent which movie i'm choosing, it shows the movie info of the last film i watched. The only way to fix this, is to restart the DVBViewer.

Hey,

another great release. Did not really find the time to have a look into the new release (the one with the extra info for the mediastream-skin), but it's nice to see you always find new things to add!

Could you tell me how to remove the blue stars (think it's supposed to be a ranking) in the background of the moviepage (I'm talking from the normal mymvies.xml, not the "special one").

I don't need this, so it would be great if it could be removed...

Anyway, excellent work again!

Could you tell me how to remove the blue stars (think it's supposed to be a ranking) in the background of the moviepage (I'm talking from the normal mymvies.xml, not the "special one").

I don't need this, so it would be great if it could be removed...

It is indeed the ranking, and you can simply remove the image from the xml with the skineditor

Hello,

i do have two wishes. Not really a request, but wishes.

Would it be possible to make it so import and database can be switched off by checkmark ? Then the plugin only would read the filename_info.txt (same format then the info files of recordings) and the filename-picture.jpg and export them in a few #variables. I mean read them everytime new when selected, similar to the concinnity plugin.

I am oldschool and used to sort my stuff on my own with folders ;) Dumping it into one big "basked" and use artifical intelligence to sort it, makes me nervous :) Also the imported infos from online sites is useless to me in most cases. This is what others think, not me :D And it lacks informations like where the original is stored. It lacks informations if you own multiple but different copies of the same movie like VHS directors cut, DVD short version or BR original cinema version.

2nd would be that DVBViewer is able to handle control chars internal with EPG. If you record with info.txt enabled and edit the info.txt and add a #10#13, then the EPG display of the recordings shows a linefeed. Like:

Description: This is an awesome movie.#10#13 A classic horror movie

is displayed as:

This is an awesome movie.

A classic horror movie

I know, the interpretation of control chars should a a global property of OSD textareas. But it isnt.

Well, just wishes.

Hi,

first of all, thank you for this nice plugin!!

I'm using Concinnity 3D Lite and have the following displaying error when using backdrops:

greenshot_2009-12-22_11-06-06.jpg

If I don't use backdrops it is displayes correctly:

greenshot_2009-12-22_11-05-33.jpg

I already posted in the concinnity 3D Lite Thread (http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=36068&view=findpost&p=276648) and MarkusK answered that he only built the matrix for this plugin and that he can't help me.

Do you have an idea or a solution?

Edited by kicr

Lars and me maybe found the problem with the pictures, which will be not updated!

In the next release, not beta, there will come a new cleanup function for pictures which be controled by plugins called "BasispluginOSDfensterklasse"

i do have two wishes. Not really a request, but wishes.

1. For now thats something I won't add. The entire plugin is database driven, and it would require quite a big change. Not only in the code but also in the 'reasoning' behind the plugin. Perhaps someday... afterall i'm somewhat of an old goat as well. :)
  2. I'll have a look at that.

I'm using Concinnity 3D Lite and have the following displaying error when using backdrops:

I already posted in the concinnity 3D Lite Thread (http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=36068&view=findpost&p=276648) and MarkusK answered that he only built the matrix for this plugin and that he can't help me.

Do you have an idea or a solution?

There are several alternative .xml's in supplied with the plugin (also for concinnity 3d). You can try to one of those. Or otherwise change the xml yourself with the dvbviewers skineditor. You'll be surpised on how easy that is.

Lars and me maybe found the problem with the pictures, which will be not updated!

In the next release, not beta, there will come a new cleanup function for pictures which be controled by plugins called "BasispluginOSDfensterklasse"

I read it in the topic. Nice one !

Hallo,

I have made an Update new DVBViewer Beta, new Filmpicn and new MyMovies Plugin.

After the Updates the Backdrops are no longer displayed.

Has anyone a hint for me?

THX

Stoned

Please tell me! Is there any similar plugin but for the Music where I could see the pictures of CD-cases like I see DVD-cases in MyMovie plugin?

I saw something but couldn't remember where was it exactly...

Thanks a lot!

• 3 weeks later...
it would be nice, when we could past movie infos from the mymovies software (http://www.mymovies.dk/)

you could of course write a small program to convert whatever file/db that mymovies software uses into either the format of filminfopics or mediacentermaster files.

you could of course write a small program to convert whatever file/db that mymovies software uses into either the format of filminfopics or mediacentermaster files.

i would write a programm for this, but i can´t this. sorry!

I also repeated the previous screenshot, because I noticed that some settings were missing completly on it. Found out now, that this sometimes happens by pressing the ALT-key.

So I see all settings, just seems that the data is not starting completly on the left side like in all other configuration windows.

post-50428-1263539395_thumb.png

post-50428-1263539411_thumb.png

post-50428-1263539421_thumb.png

The DAEMON-Tools problem is solved now. It was my fault. I simply added the path to DTLite.exe to the XML file. DVBViewer does not recognize this binary as DAEMON-Tools and uses the wrong CLI.

Got another problem however. Is the X Skin version of MyMovies working for you? I am using 'Listview' and 'Details'. If I select a movie, it looks like this..

x_mymovies_details.jpg

The list simply disappears. But nothing else happens, not buttons for Play and the like. Everything is OK with the 'concinnity 3D Details page' version. Sorry, I am not really a skinner, so I think that you can fix it a lot faster than me..

Edited by CiNcH
The DAEMON-Tools problem is solved now. It was my fault. I simply added the path to DTLite.exe to the XML file. DVBViewer does not recognize this binary as DAEMON-Tools and uses the wrong CLI.

Got another problem however. Is the X Skin version of MyMovies working for you? I am using 'Listview' and 'Details'. If I select a movie, it looks like this..

The list simply disappears. But nothing else happens, not buttons for Play and the like. Everything is OK with the 'concinnity 3D Details page' version. Sorry, I am not really a skinner, so I think that you can fix it a lot faster than me..

Yeah, the details page for the x-skin could use some improvement. I was kinda hoping somebody (skinners) would do it since i'm not a skinner either, nor do i like having to maintain several skins.

I dont use the x-skin my self but if I've got time i'll have a look at it.

Good to hear that the daemon tools prob is solved.

if you find some time, could you add #menufocusimages +/- support for mymovies,too? (:

Allready did..... but that version hasnt been uploaded yet ;) (will do so in a couple of days)

Im OSD werden mir doch durch die MediaInfos, Eigenschaften zum Film angezeigt,grafisch. Blu Ray, DTS etc. Was kann ich noch für Symbole erstellen hab die wo mit beim Plugin dabei waren abgeändert. Nun wollt ich fragen was man da noch alles dazu nehmen kann. Und wie die Bezeichnug des Bildes sein muss.

• 2 weeks later...

I found some strange behaviour in the MyMovies OSD. Don't know if it is related to the plugin in general or to the skin. I am using currently the X-Skin.

The issue is, that the first time (after launiching DVBViewer) calling the MyMovies in the OSD-Menu, the first movie is selcted, but there is no description, cover or backdrop shown. You need to move down and up once to get the information of the first movie.

If you then later go back to MyMovies, it alwayws selects the first movie again. But instead of showing nothing or the details of this movie, it is showing the description and the cover of the previously selected movie (before leaving MyMovies or starting a movie). Only the backdrop stays empty.

From my point of view it should not only show the description & cover of the previously selcted movie, it should also select it again.

I found some strange behaviour in the MyMovies OSD. Don't know if it is related to the plugin in general or to the skin. I am using currently the X-Skin.

seems to be skin related. I'm using the mediastream skin and never had that problem you described.

The issue is, that the first time (after launiching DVBViewer) calling the MyMovies in the OSD-Menu, the first movie is selcted, but there is no description, cover or backdrop shown. You need to move down and up once to get the information of the first movie.

If you then later go back to MyMovies, it alwayws selects the first movie again. But instead of showing nothing or the details of this movie, it is showing the description and the cover of the previously selected movie (before leaving MyMovies or starting a movie). Only the backdrop stays empty.

From my point of view it should not only show the description & cover of the previously selcted movie, it should also select it again.

1. Cause by a missing buttoncontrol (3501) in the x-skin xml. New mymovies release will ignore the missing buttoncontrol.. but until then a quick fix would be to simply add a button with controlid 3501.

2. See 1.

Hi,

First: I really like your plugin. ;)

But:

I've got a little problem over here. The plugin won't show any folder icons or backdrops that are on the network drive (there even is an error in osd.log: "15.02.10 16:58:52.115 MyMovies-SetIOSDImageFile: SetFile=\\Server\Filme2\21\folder.jpg, FileExists=-1"). The path of course exists and is accessible, DVBViewer can show the folder icons in normal myvideos osd page without problems.

Local thumbs are working, though.

My question is now: how can I add more local thumbs? I did download all the backdrops and folder.jpg with flowy's filmpics tool and let it create the database entries. I guess that also created the local thumbnails (right???). There were some movies, that were not found and didn't get images from flowy's tool, though, so I downloaded some images from other sources and now I'm wondering on how to get mymovies to show them... Any advise? :mad:

I've got a little problem over here. The plugin won't show any folder icons or backdrops that are on the network drive (there even is an error in osd.log: "15.02.10 16:58:52.115 MyMovies-SetIOSDImageFile: SetFile=\\Server\Filme2\21\folder.jpg, FileExists=-1"). The path of course exists and is accessible, DVBViewer can show the folder icons in normal myvideos osd page without problems.

Local thumbs are working, though.

My question is now: how can I add more local thumbs? I did download all the backdrops and folder.jpg with flowy's filmpics tool and let it create the database entries. I guess that also created the local thumbnails (right???). There were some movies, that were not found and didn't get images from flowy's tool, though, so I downloaded some images from other sources and now I'm wondering on how to get mymovies to show them... Any advise? ;)

The thumbs are actually only created if a) the filminfo is imported using the import button of mymovies options (info.txt files) or b ) if you edit a movie in and press ok. And of course only if the setting 'use local thumbs' is set.

some suggestions and questions:

- What version of mymovies?

- Can you edit a movie in mymovies options so the thumbs are created

- Please check dvbviewers image dir (configdir\images\thumbs\mymovies) if there are actually any images created, and if they are accesible.

- Any change if not using 'use local thumbs'?

- Can you check if "Display background graphics" in the osd-general section of the DVBViewer settings is set

Edited by amontillado

Thanks for you quick answer, sorry for my late answer... somehow I got lost over following your hints...

The thumbs are actually only created if a) the filminfo is imported using the import button of mymovies options (info.txt files) or b ) if you edit a movie in and press ok. And of course only if the setting 'use local thumbs' is set.

some suggestions and questions:

- What version of mymovies?

Version is 0.01.42

- Can you edit a movie in mymovies options so the thumbs are created

Yes, local thumbnails are generated if I edit a movie and click ok.

- Please check dvbviewers image dir (configdir\images\thumbs\mymovies) if there are actually any images created, and if they are accesible.

Yes, the files are there and are accessible.

- Any change if not using 'use local thumbs'?

images are displayed, if "use local thumbs" is activated (but of course only those which have local thumbs). They are not shown if "use local thumbs" is deactivated.

- Can you check if "Display background graphics" in the osd-general section of the DVBViewer settings is set

"Display background graphics" is enabled.

Ok, now that I understood how to add more local thumbs, everything works for me at the moment.

Edited by Moses

Good to hear that it works in that way. I'll see if flowy and i can add something that makes sure that thumbs are also created when filminfopic directly writes to the db.

Hallo Ihr Zweisprachigen,

ich schnall das hier alles nicht. Gelesen, gelesen, probiert und probiert, ich kann nicht mehr und wünsche mir so, dass ich es könnte.

Habe den Concinnity-Skin und Alles so wie in Post 1 installiert.

Die Einstellungen habe ich so nach gut Dünken unter Optionen - MyMoviesSettings gemacht.

Aber ich bekomme überhaupt kein Menü per Fernbedienung. Auch wenn ich auf die Schaltfläche bei MyMoviesSettings drücke, passiert nicht wirklich was.

Was ich nicht verstehe:

1. Muss FilmPicts von Flowy noch irgendwie eingebunden werden?

2. Kann ich alle Filme einfach in einen Ordner aufnehmen lassen und MyMovies macht den Rest, oder muss ich jeden Film einzeln in einen Ordner geben, bevor mymovies arbeitet.

3. Gibt es nicht irgendwo in diesem Forum eine deutsche und umfassende Anleitung?

Man, so blöd bin ich eigentlich gar nicht, aber hier kann ich nicht mehr weiter.

Vielen Dank für Euer Erbarmen.

Schönes Wochenende