New version (4.1.0) and problem

Well did you enter the userdata you used to download the setup really correctly? There is nothing wrong with the version, just input the correct data on installing...

Hello,

so the the user and password fields were already filled and I didn't change anyhing
have you used the data fpr login into the members area?

:angry:

Okay, just to make things clear: I've purchased DVBViewer 15. september 2006 and up to this day I've managed to fill in the user and passwords fields correctly. And now I didn't even have to do that.

Same problem here. Did an upgrade from 4.0 and left the fields as they were already filled in.

Error in user data.

Please install the DVBViewer with the correct data!

Well, I'm sorry to say this but no one did answer the question directly. Are you absolutly sure the login data for the membersarea and the data used in the setup are identical? A really simple question which only has two answers: yes or no. :angry:

Well, I'm sorry to say this but no one did answer the question directly. Are you absolutly sure the login data for the membersarea and the data used in the setup are identical? A really simple question which only has two answers: yes or no. :angry:

Can't answer that question here. But would it not authenticate if it were wrong? Mine seems to be running longer now without this message so not sure what was or is going on.

Was I laughing? Never analyized the data so couldn't answer the question yes or no. Maybe we should quit assuming everyone is a pirate here. I paid my dues so don't expect to be treated as such.

Why dont you use the legal version if you have a regular key? Sorry but *s*h*l**s people like you harm the development - since it is pretty obvious that you dont brought the licence regular...

Peter

The same problem

th_66828_error_122_457lo.jpg

My userdata / password is correct, i use a legal version (if necessary I can send my password and login to the developers).

Might be nice to have a statement on why this was happening so we can end the "your a pirate crap". This is the only reason I hate posting on this forum, one is always accused of being the bad guy. Maybe the forum should be tied to your PAID username and password, then we could be rid of the accusations.

I have the same problem.

I've used correct user data.

It happens after few minutes, but i think it's only with radio (tv channels works good).

This problem began with beta 60 (maybe 55 but i didn't used it). Earlier final versions (up to 4.0) and beta before b.60 worked OK.

support.zip

Might be nice to have a statement on why this was happening so we can end the "your a pirate crap". This is the only reason I hate posting on this forum, one is always accused of being the bad guy. Maybe the forum should be tied to your PAID username and password, then we could be rid of the accusations.

I agree!

Anyway, nothing helped here... I did a fresh install and still get the error... yesterday I had some emails with Christian and he said he tested my userdata and it's ok... :angry:

Probabily there is something on my system that triggers that error...

Gone back to 4.0 for now and everything is fine again.

Don't know if it's related, but I noticed that "UserMode 0" (my favourite choice) is disappeared form the v. 4.1 setup and leaving the setup presented data untouched the UserMode was "automagically" changed in 2, loosing almost all my configurations (options, remote, favourite and so on...). :angry:

Manually restoring "UserMode=0" in the usermode.ini file located in the main DVBViewer folder do the trick for me...

:angry:

Edited by Gioxy

Well Usermode 0 will not work on vista or upcoming windows versions, unless you take care of several settings in windows yourself.

So for the ordinary user we enforce now the windows standard (no data in the programfolder). Users with enough knowledge to make Usermode 0 work, do know also what to change where :angry:

Never had such problems even with beta versions from 4.1. Last night installed from official setup update and what I get this morning? Error message that user data is invalid and it closes down. Clearly you have messed something up.

Addition: died 2nd time.

Edited by Valts

Which kind of browser do you use? Try to download the file with IE, Chrome or Opera instead (if you use FireFox).

Christian

Would everyone with the reported problems please download the setup again.

It seems the server did accept your username even it it was not really correct (trailing spaces), this confused several routines, leading to the stalling of the DVBViewer with the wrong userdata message.

We do appologise for this inconvience and if anybody has problems because of the download limit, don't hesitate to tell us, we will reset it at once.

Besides unsure what's the point of re-downloading since it gave back same binary file I had downloaded last night.

P:\>fc /b setup.exe setup410a.exe

Comparing files setup.exe and SETUP410A.EXE

FC: no differences encountered

I also had this queer problem - but fresh download of setup.exe seems to be working OK. Has already run the program for over an hour. No user data problem so far.

well it remembered itself both (didn't enter by hand) and there were no trailing spaces. Should I re-enter manually?

Restarted setup again - yes it's showing correct user name and password.

Edited by Valts
@valts are you sure you did download it and it didn't come out of the browser cache?

pretty certain. Even did it on different machines.

md5sum setup.exe

12e964c030470ec03081c9ec9e52da9b *setup.exe

Same problem here. First download was with Firefox. Second with IE, checked username/password. (well why would they have changed, firefox remembers it, so does dvbv setup, NEVER had to type them since year 2007). Still doesn't work. Went back to 4.0 and it works.

Maybe I'll try tomorrow again.

I also had this queer problem - but fresh download of setup.exe seems to be working OK. Has already run the program for over an hour. No user data problem so far.

ref. my above post....I am back to "square one". User Data problem again there -_-

Have to go back to v.4.0

Redownloaded, reinstalled - nothing cjanged. Problem still exists.

I was wrong earlier when i wrote that problem is only with radio. A crash was also with tv, but in radio crashes are very often ( about every 10 min.).

I have a VISTA PC and experienced the same problem.

After reinstalling DVBViewer, the problem was still there.

Today I installed DVBViewer once more, but this time I startet Setup.exe by right clicking on it and selecting the menu item "Run Program as Administrator".

Seems to work now :-)

P.S.: I never did uninstall a previous installation.

Same problem here .........

And i am a paying customer to this great program and have great confidence that this bug will be sorted....... -_-