New version (4.1.0) and problem

Cut the crap about illegal installations. Mine is legal and my moniker should be well known on these forums by now - an apology to those other users might be in order! Followed by some eating of humble pie.

I got this dialog out of the blue one single time after using DVBViewer 4.1 on and off over the last two days. And it had been running fine for hours at a time during those two days.

The dialog popped up this evening after it had been running some ten minutes and DVBViewer bombed out. I restarted DVBViewer and it is now working fine (30 minutes so far).

I've only seen the dialog once.

Mine is a Windows XP MCE SP3 installtion.

It looks like the occurence of this dialog can be pretty random. Perhaps whoever is responsible for the code around the dialog should take a good long look at ALL the possible causes for its occurence.

And perhaps certain others should avoid annoying paying customers with accusations just because this bug (for that is what it clearly is) appears to be related to the registration mechanism.

Regards, a long term largely satisfied customer.

Ok - that's pretty damned weird. Only seconds after sending that last post DVBViewer chose to bomb out with the same error. That's twice in an hour even though it had been working fine for most of the last two days.

So what is going on?

Maybe we all aught to revert to 4.0 until this bug is properly sorted out.

Dunno if this may be pertinent, but the only recent change I made to DVBViewer was to change the directX filter from my (preferrred) NVidia PureVideo codec to the PowerDVD9 equivalent. I've now changed it back to see if that stops it from occurring.

Dunno if this may be pertinent, but the only recent change I made to DVBViewer was to change the directX filter from my (preferrred) NVidia PureVideo codec to the PowerDVD9 equivalent. I've now changed it back to see if that stops it from occurring.

In my system this problem began with beta 60, so i think this isn't problem with any changes in system.

Beta 50 worked ok. So problem is in b.60 or even b.55.

Well, we are 25 minutes since I changed back and it just bombed out again. Interesting that it was a similar length of time.

My thinking was that it may be a processor loading problem causing whatever checks this "user data" to not get enough processing time. The PowerDVD9 Codec is a processor hog on my system, wherase the NVidia codec utilises the hardware in full.

Unfortunately that does not appear to be the problem.

As yet I'm undecicded as to whether to revert to 4.0 and wait for someone else to debug this, or to try a system restart (since I have had one system shutdown for other reasons before this started happeing), or to simply re-install - and I agree with others here, this cannot be a bad binary download, else I would have had the problem from the outset.

As yet I'm undecicded as to whether to revert to 4.0 and wait for someone else to debug this, or to try a system restart (since I have had one system shutdown for other reasons before this started happeing), or to simply re-install - and I agree with others here, this cannot be a bad binary download, else I would have had the problem from the outset.

My guess this will require a new release that fixes this. Until then back to 4.0.0

For me the problem seems fixed for good... After several tests made with the author we finally managed to fix it yesterday... In my case the problem was caused by bad license data embedded in the setup.exe before the download, redownloading the file with a different browser resulted in a binary different setup.exe and this one worked... and still working.

Problem still present. Tried downloading in at least 3 different ways. Get same installation file which after installing works for 20 something minutes.

The same userdata problem here. I have downloaded DVBViewer v4.1 this morning and installed it as an update to version 4.0. The version 4.1 update routine did copy the userdata from the 4.0 installation and the email address shown was correct, so I assumed that all user data was correct. What should I do? Uninstall the current installation of version 4.1, remove all folders and user files left by the uninstaller and download a new copy of the 4.1 installer from the members area?

Tried it again today. Downloaded it with a different computer and checked all passwords twice. Still does not work. So it's not about that?

Has anybody figured out why it does that? And found out some really working fix?

For now please set

Options -> appearance -> No Skin. Then start the viewer new. This should work for now, until the hotfix is out...

When I installed 4.1.1, just at the end of the install process Kaspersky popped up "behaviour similar to Worm.P2p.Generic" and DVBViewer installer popped up an error box saying something like "this requires Windows NT ......". Obviously I don't believe you have put a virus in this but maybe you should contact Kaspersky to get them to clear the install .exe? Would the error I got indicate DVBViewer did not install correctly- it does seem to be working OK though?

Edited by dvbrewer