Windows 7

Milly

The search function won't let me look for Windows 7 !

All i want to know does DVBV 4.1 work with RC1??

I'm going to brave it and dual boot and try it out just wanted a heads up...

Hi,

works on RC1/32. The only problem I have is that after wake up from sleep mode it can't tune to any channels, reads like 25% signal quality. Is it DVBV or the Win 7 or driver I don't know. Restart of PC fix this.

Windows 7 is very good. It let's you even turn off WMC by an option in windows programs menu :bye:. Vista is crap which should never hit the market.

To assume, yes DVBV runs much better for me on Win7 comparing to Vista.

Cheers

Hi,

works on RC1/32. The only problem I have is that after wake up from sleep mode it can't tune to any channels, reads like 25% signal quality. Is it DVBV or the Win 7 or driver I don't know. Restart of PC fix this.

Windows 7 is very good. It let's you even turn off WMC by an option in windows programs menu :). Vista is crap which should never hit the market.

To assume, yes DVBV runs much better for me on Win7 comparing to Vista.

Cheers

Not sure i'm following you there?? i've got RC1 on the laptop can't see what you mean..??

Cheers anyway going to give it a go, which drivers are people using for SSHD2 for W7? does it integrate with Mediacentre??

I'd like to use mediacentre for 28East and then DVBViewer for the Motorised matters....

Not sure i'm following you there?? i've got RC1 on the laptop can't see what you mean..??

Cheers anyway going to give it a go, which drivers are people using for SSHD2 for W7? does it integrate with Mediacentre??

I'd like to use mediacentre for 28East and then DVBViewer for the Motorised matters....

Hi,

I do have HTPC and I do not want to use Windows Media Centre. The reason is that some buttons on remote would start WMC if I want it or not. In previous versions of windows you had to hack registry and so on to disable WMC. In version 7 you just go to remove programs-turn windows features on or of-media features and there you can choose to use WMC or not, easy ;)

DVBV is nice media centre program itself. Apart from Blue Ray it plays every media so I can't see a reason to use WMC.

As for the drivers I installed the latest driver for my SS 2 PCI and it runs ok.

Good luck :)

I'm using 64-bit Windows 7 RC. Following cards in my HTPC work well.

TeVii S460 DVB-S2 card.

KNC1 DVB-S2 card.

Twinhan AD-SP400 DVB-S2 card.

• 2 weeks later...

hi ppl

I install windows7 and test SkystarHD(USB) or TTusb2 No problem with DVBViewer BUT Media Center 7 itself can't SCAN any transponder !

o:)

any idea?

drivers 1.0.2.20 can't download lastest BDA driver cause technotrend.de not works !

BR

Edited by AjeeB

For all those having Problems with "7"...

Most of the Vista-Drivers are fully functional under W7 if you istal them as follows:

1. Run Installer as Administrator, If there is a GUI run it in Vista SP1 compatible Mode.

2. Applications that behave irregular: Uninstall completly, reinstall as Administrator and run them in Vista SP1 compatible Mode. If still not sucsefull try SP2 Mode.

3. W7 64bit is even stricter then Vista regarding Drivers/Certification. Make sure ALL your system Drivers and systemnear Software are 64bit and WHQL conform. Dont use, under any Circumstances, 32bit and/or non WHQL Drivers. When there are no W7 Drivers for your Hardware DON´T USE the Vista Drivers. Even if they might install W7 will not run properly with them.

Most Codecs will work flawless except very old Versions ( before 2006). Some Tools like Virus Scanners,Iso Mounters ( Deamon Tool etc) and some Freeware Burning Tools are not functioning because they dig deep into the System wich is prohibited in W7 .

Regarding DVBV I encounterd no Problems. but there might be some Trouble with Diseq, Can´t confirm that becaus I don´t use it.

Greetz

Pinbot

Edited by pinbot

hi,

does the SkystarHD(USB) or TTusb2 support MC7 ? i mean Directly inside Microsoft Media Center BDA without using dvbdream cause I can't get results when scanning !

o:)

Best regards

Edited by AjeeB
  • 3 weeks later...
hi,

does the SkystarHD(USB) or TTusb2 support MC7 ? i mean Directly inside Microsoft Media Center BDA without using dvbdream cause I can't get results when scanning !

:bye:

Best regards

well I mean DVBViewer not dream !! no compare :bounce:

any helps here ? ! ? or just need to dream

• 2 weeks later...
I'm using 64-bit Windows 7 RC. Following cards in my HTPC work well.

Twinhan AD-SP400 DVB-S2 card.

How did you get that Twinhan working? I have the AD-SP200 and it is impossible to get the drivers to install in Windows 7.

• 2 months later...

I have some odd experience with DVBV and W7 RC x64:

In first installation in another motherboard (Abit IN9) all worked well.

Then I installed a new motherboard (Asus P5QL) and DVBV cannot be installed.

There's announcement:

" Unable to execute file: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 740.

The requested operation requires elevation."

When checking with compatibility, Windows gives reply "Application incompatible"

Can anybody give some hints?

I reply to myself:

I installed the DVBVPro in compatibility mode and used Vista 64 options.

Now all is working well again!!

(Still Win 7 remarks that DVBV is incompatible:-)

• 5 months later...

DVBViewer does not work correctly with Windows 7 x64, chipset X58, nVidia 260, TBS6920 and intel i7 920 in HD!

Block indefinitely during a 1.3 10 minutes. No codecs do not help.

Fix version for x64 bit computers.

DVBViewer does not work correctly with Windows 7 x64, chipset X58, nVidia 260, TBS6920 and intel i7 920 in HD!

Block indefinitely during a 1.3 10 minutes. No codecs do not help.

Fix version for x64 bit computers.

Do you really expect a serious reaction on such an post?

It's better to start with explaining in more detail when what error occurs, what you did to test possible causes, etc etc. (and of course.. post the support.zip).

o yeah .. a respond in the same sort of shortsighted way as yours : Dont fix version for x64 because it works fine on mine

Faulting application name: DVBViewer.exe, version: 4.2.1.0, time stamp: 0x2a425e19

Faulting module name: DVBViewer.exe, version: 4.2.1.0, time stamp: 0x2a425e19

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000ee50b

Faulting process id: 0x48c

Faulting application start time: 0x01caa69e6319e2fd

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe

Report Id: 13916501-1292-11df-bd2f-0026183225c6

Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards.

DETAIL -

3 user registry handles leaked from \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-2381871802-1040830140-2009336417-1000_Classes:

Process 1164 (\Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2381871802-1040830140-2009336417-1000_CLASSES

Process 1164 (\Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2381871802-1040830140-2009336417-1000_CLASSES

Process 1164 (\Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2381871802-1040830140-2009336417-1000_CLASSES\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node

This error log is produced only in channel HD. In other works without problem. Again write i7-920, chipset X58, Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, TBS6920 DVB-S2 Pci-e

DVBViewer does work here correctly with Windows7 x64, chipset X58, nVidia 8800GT and Intel i7 920 in HD! :angry:

If you use CoreAVC codec: I have to disable CUDA in CoreAVC settings, otherwise I also get a DVBViewer crash on many HD channels. But the cause is not DVBV itself but CoreAVC. With CUDA disabled everything works fine and the cpu stess is not high even without gpu help.

Otherwise install the latest DivX free package and try the DivX codec, works fine here too but I prefer CoreAVC.