FreeLNB-Tool

Haandel

Hi,

I have the following message:

'Cannot locate B2C2 MPEG Filter Audio/Video Ctrl. Interface, error 91000101'

I tried the options described in manual 'Known Problems and Solutions' except the FreeLNB-Tool and EON staff.

I saved the FreeLNB file in a folder on C: and extracted it.

I am not sure what I shoul do with this file next - OPEN or RUN?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Haandel

Problem:

Neither a picture nor sound, although the signal strength is sufficient. Also the error message "Cannot locate B2C2 MPEG Filter Audio/Video Ctrl. Interface, error 91000101" appeared first time after reinstalation of B2C2 driver +TechniSat DVB+ DVBViewerTE+DVBViewerFull and then only after selecting the Skystar2 Filter 4.2x .

From manual part 'Known Problems and Solutions':

Cannot locate B2C2 MPEG Filter Audio/Video Ctrl. Interface, error 91000101" may appear

If all channels are concerned, it may be caused by a crash or a malfunctioning of the drivers. Solution: Terminate all programs which use the SkyStar2 card (DVBViewer, Sky4PC) and disable and re-activate the card via the device manager (windows key + pause). You may also use the FreeLNB-Tool. If this does not work, try to unplug your PC from the power supply for a few seconds, in order to completely reset the SkyStar2 card.

This behaviour was also observed in conjunction with Norton AntiVirus®, which sometimes interrupts the network connections when the SkyStar 2 card is initialized.

In certain cases your SkyStar2 card may have been locked permanently. This is mostly caused by EON® (Europe Online) software. Other reasons for this lock, which possibly occurs in rare cases, have not been investigated yet. If you suspect that your card is locked, first visit the DVBViewer forum and read thoroughly everything concerning the EON lock. Acting without precaution can damage your card perma­nently. Using some of the "unlocking" patches found at various upload-centers often worsens the problem and you will void your warranty. Ask for help if you are not sure what to do.

There is a link to this 'FreeLNB-Tool' on the the DVBViewer.com in the manual but no explanation what to do with this.

I tried to

- disable and re-activate the card via the device manager (windows key + pause).

- try to unplug your PC from the power supply for a few seconds, in order to completely reset the SkyStar2 card.

- reinstallation of B2C2 driver +TechniSat DVB+ DVBViewerTE+DVBViewerFull

I do not have the EON sw on my PC (P4, 2.4GHz, 256MB, NVidia GeForce4 MX420 , ...) so I suppose this EON shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Haandel

Setup.ini

this 'FreeLNB-Tool' has nothing to do with your problem. The only purpose is to switch off the lnb-power. Normally once the card is initiated the lnb-power stays on even if the programs are shut down.

with drivers 4.28 never exist a lock problem!!!

Reinstall the newest drivers from TechniSat site. Tell us something about your SAT-system (Diseqc. direct or indirect connection card <-> LNB, which Satellites you want to recive, is it a multi-user Sat-system...)

open DVBViewer and make a channelscan. Tell us which stations you can recive.

but no explanation what to do with this
do nothing if you dont know what you make!

Steffen

Also the error message "Cannot locate B2C2 MPEG Filter Audio/Video Ctrl. Interface, error 91000101" appeared first time after reinstalation of B2C2 driver +TechniSat DVB+ DVBViewerTE+DVBViewerFull

Appeared first time... so you had picture and sound before?

and then only after selecting the Skystar2 Filter 4.2x .

So you don't get the error message with Marfi's Filter or the DVBViewer filter? Do you get picture and sound with them?

Your description is quite unclear... seems to me that this problem must be solved first.

Griga

First I installed from CD-ROM the SkyNET driver + TechniSat DVB + DVBViewerTE+DVBViewerFull.

The card is brand new so the drivers on the attached CD-ROM should be the latest one.

On C: Windows\System32 I can see the SkyNET driver ver. 4.2.8.9999, 428 KB.

Then I started DVBViewerFull and the error message appeared 'Cannot locate B2C2 MPEG Filter Audio/Video Ctrl. Interface, error 91000101'

When I changed the Source Filter from Skystar2 Filter 4.2x (or 4.14) to another (or from X to Y except Skystar2 Filter 4.2x and 4.14) there were no such error message. If I change from other filter to Skystar2 Filter 4.2x there is again the same error message.

To make it simpler the coax cable/SS2 is connected directly to one LNB (Hotbird 13E).

I tried RAI1 and DW.

RAI1 Marfi's filter DVBViewer signal 80%, Setup4PC Status: Sig Q=62%, SNR=12

Settings Setup4PC: HotBird 13E, DiSEqC:None

Enable hw acceleratin, Enable Overlay

Settings DVBViewer: Marfi's, Overlay,

Use DeDynamic

Source Filter V: DVDExpress, A:DVDExpress

I tried all possibilities with settings but no picture yet

Hopefully more clear now.

THANKS

Haandel

OK, then let's check your installation... the following files must be present:

windows\system32\skydll.dll

windows\system32\drivers\skynet.sys

Program Files\TechniSat DVB\bin\Sky2PCAVSrc.ax

The latter is a DirectShow filter, that must be registered in your system. Otherwise the DVBViewer won't find it. You may use the RadLight Filter Manager (Download) to check this. See wether 'B2C2 MPEG-2 Source' is present in the DirectShow section.

Furthermore I would perform a channel scan and check wether it finds anything or not.

Griga

The card is brand new so the drivers on the attached CD-ROM should be the latest one.
Thats not true ! You know how long the dealer had this in his depot?

Try DVBViewerFilter as Source and make a Channelscan with update function and tell us which station the Viewer find!

You get this error if you try to tune a station which have other settings like in your channellist. The reason could be that some stations make a lucky transponder hopping!

That we can exclude this error you must make a channelscan!

Furthermore I would perform a channel scan and check wether it finds anything or not.
Thats exactly what i said in my last post.

Steffen

Present on C:

windows\system32\skyDll.dll (4.2.8, 116KB, Appl Extension)

windows\system32\drivers\skyNET (4.2.8 , 429 KB, System File) but not skynet.sys

Program Files\TechniSat DVB\bin\Sky2PCAVSrc.ax (8/19/2003, 92 KB, AX file)

Channel Scan executed

-DVBViewer Filter

-Route Hotbird 1,2,3,4,6

-Start 10719 Stop 12731 Step 5, DiseqC=None

-Scan&Update

->Found = 0

Haandel