QBoxII S2-HD USB can't control DiseqC

eddche

Hello!

I'm using Turbosight QBoxII DVB-S2 USB BOX in Version 4.1. It works just fine with SD and HD TV and seems to be a good choice. The only problem is DVBViewer can't control DiseqC command. DiseqC works with DVBDream, but I like DVBViewer Could you add support of DiseqC for this USB box?

Thanks.

http://www.qboxdvb.com/QBoxIIS2HDtv.html

http://www.tbsdtv.com/english/product/QBoxS2.html

TransEdit.ini

hardware.xml

Edited by eddche
  • 2 months later...
Hello!

I'm using Turbosight QBoxII DVB-S2 USB BOX in Version 4.1. It works just fine with SD and HD TV and seems to be a good choice. The only problem is DVBViewer can't control DiseqC command. DiseqC works with DVBDream, but I like DVBViewer Could you add support of DiseqC for this USB box?

Thanks.

http://www.qboxdvb.com/QBoxIIS2HDtv.html

http://www.tbsdtv.com/english/product/QBoxS2.html

I am having same problem, too. Qbox 2 USB can control my DiseqC 1.1 switch in ProgDVB, but I like DVBViewer much more(and I paid for it only). Please help.

p.s. I can use Qbox II as a TBS device to control DiseqC switch in ProgDVB.

hardware.xml

TransEdit.ini

Edited by Kenny Lam
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm investigating on it. TransEdit and DVBViewer both detect the QBOX II as Turbosight device (because of the substring "TBS"), but unfortunately the code that has been confirmed as working with Turbosight PCI cards is not compatible with QBOX drivers.

Now I'm trying to find information about the QBOX DiSEqC handling. If there are promising results, I'll upload a TransEdit test version here, and you will have to try... so please stay tuned.

I'm investigating on it. TransEdit and DVBViewer both detect the QBOX II as Turbosight device (because of the substring "TBS"), but unfortunately the code that has been confirmed as working with Turbosight PCI cards is not compatible with QBOX drivers.

Now I'm trying to find information about the QBOX DiSEqC handling. If there are promising results, I'll upload a TransEdit test version here, and you will have to try... so please stay tuned.

Great! What about include a tweak to let us manually choose the hardware type?

What about include a tweak to let us manually choose the hardware type?

Possible in TransEdit and DVBViewer GE (see here), but not in DVBViewer Pro. However, of no avail in this case, because there wasn't any QBOX specific code in TransEdit yet.

But there is now. Try the attached TransEdit test version. Some functions (Analyzer, Export...) are disabled, but scanning works (and preview, if DVBViewer is installed). First go to Settings -> Hardware and perform Detect Devices, then Save. It will let TransEdit detect the QBOX II as QBOX and apply the specific DiSEqC code. After closing TransEdit the Vendor.x entry in the [Hardware] section of the file TransEdit.ini (see Info -> Copnfiguration Folder) should be 18, standing for QBOX.

Does DiSEqC work now? Maybe we will have to try several modifications. I found some QBOX specific code in DVBViewer Pro (that isn't applied because the device is detected as TBS, see above). However, nobody could tell me from which source it originates or on which documentation it is based. :disgust: Additionally I detected some QBOX sample code in a dusty corner of my hard disk (in the "may be useful later" directory), similar to the DVBViewer Pro code, but not identical. A bit confusing... well, we will see.

TransEdit_3_4_1_3_Test.zip

Possible in TransEdit and DVBViewer GE (see here), but not in DVBViewer Pro. However, of no avail in this case, because there wasn't any QBOX specific code in TransEdit yet.

But there is now. Try the attached TransEdit test version. Some functions (Analyzer, Export...) are disabled, but scanning works (and preview, if DVBViewer is installed). First go to Settings -> Hardware and perform Detect Devices, then Save. It will let TransEdit detect the QBOX II as QBOX and apply the specific DiSEqC code. After closing TransEdit the Vendor.x entry in the [Hardware] section of the file TransEdit.ini (see Info -> Copnfiguration Folder) should be 18, standing for QBOX.

Does DiSEqC work now? Maybe we will have to try several modifications. I found some QBOX specific code in DVBViewer Pro (that isn't applied because the device is detected as TBS, see above). However, nobody could tell me from which source it originates or on which documentation it is based. :jump: Additionally I detected some QBOX sample code in a dusty corner of my hard disk (in the "may be useful later" directory), similar to the DVBViewer Pro code, but not identical. A bit confusing... well, we will see.

Bravo! It really works on my TBS QBoxII ! Now my DiseqC 1.1 switch and 22Khz work great :disgust:

Will it be integrated into the next version of DVBViewer? :argue:

Behind the bright side, I have to report a problem that the testing version of transedit cannot scan(and even tune) any channels on specific satellite (Telestar 18 138.0E in this case) only, but this problem doesn't exists in the previous version v3.4.1 :tongue: What supporting info should I provide?

Edited by Kenny Lam
Will it be integrated into the next version of DVBViewer?

Sure.

the testing version of transedit cannot scan(and even tune) any channels on specific satellite (Telestar 18 138.0E in this case) only,

This one?

http://www.lyngsat.com/t18.html

What do you try to receive? What doesn't work? The C band frequencies, Ku band frequencies or both? Which DiSEqC settings are you using for this bird? How could the previous version receive it without working DiSEqC?

Yes, it is real in transedit DiSEqC now works.

But how now to force to work it in DVBViewer? Or it is necessary to wait for new version DVBViewer? It is possible to solve this problem now?

But how now to force to work it in DVBViewer?

Cannot be forced. You'll have to wait for the next (beta) release.

First I want to get feedback from Kenny Lam about the Telestar 18 issue and see if there is still something to be fixed. As soon as everything is cleared I'll upload a new TransEdit full version to the members area.

If required, I could additionally upload a DVBViewer GE beta version with QBOX DiSEqC (it uses the same hardware-related code as TransEdit). It will only be useful if you don't need CI/CAM support, however.

Sure.

This one?

http://www.lyngsat.com/t18.html

What do you try to receive? What doesn't work? The C band frequencies, Ku band frequencies or both? Which DiSEqC settings are you using for this bird? How could the previous version receive it without working DiSEqC?

I had tested only on Ku band freqs. The LNB(LO:11300) was connected to a DiSEqC 1.1 switch(on port 5) and a 22KHz switch(port ON), the testing version cannot lock on all freqs available in this LNB.

The way of using DiSEqC switch on previous version is that I use the testing version to perform switching, close the testing version, and then attempts to scan channel on the previous version of TransEdit (and it works).

The LNB(LO:11300) was connected to a DiSEqC 1.1 switch(on port 5) and a 22KHz switch(port ON),

Requires LOF1 = 0, LOF2 = 11300, LOFSW = 0 in TransEdit (see here). If it doesn't work with the correct LOF settings:

the testing version cannot lock on all freqs available in this LNB.

On some of them? If yes, do they have something in common? Is port 5 the only one that its connected to a 22 khz switch?

The way of using DiSEqC switch on previous version is that I use the testing version to perform switching, close the testing version, and then attempts to scan channel on the previous version of TransEdit (and it works).

That's strange, because nothing has been changed except DiSEqC. Since you are using a DiSEqC 1.1 (uncommitted) switch, the command is defined in the DiSEqC editor (right?). Maybe adding a delay of let's say 250 ms after the command will do the trick, because it gives the 22 khz switch time to power on.

If not, scan one of the affected transponders with the test version, and then scan it again. Success?

If not, set DiSEqC to "None" (thus simulating the behaviour of the previous version), then scan again. Success?

Requires LOF1 = 0, LOF2 = 11300, LOFSW = 0 in TransEdit (see here). If it doesn't work with the correct LOF settings:

On some of them? If yes, do they have something in common? Is port 5 the only one that its connected to a 22 khz switch?

That's strange, because nothing has been changed except DiSEqC. Since you are using a DiSEqC 1.1 (uncommitted) switch, the command is defined in the DiSEqC editor (right?). Maybe adding a delay of let's say 250 ms after the command will do the trick, because it gives the 22 khz switch time to power on.

If not, scan one of the affected transponders with the test version, and then scan it again. Success?

If not, set DiSEqC to "None" (thus simulating the behaviour of the previous version), then scan again. Success?

I am sorry to say that I can't repeat the problem right now, may be it is just a little cabling problem. :)

Anyway, the testing version works really great :o

Edited by Kenny Lam

I could include Diseqc control in DVBViewer.

But! Attention! The given way can destroy yours QBoxII.

There is complete clone TBS QBoxII - ProfRed 7500 http://www.prof-tuners.com/eng/prof7500.html

For ProfRed compatibility Diseqc in DVBViewer is declared.

I cannot recollect exact sequence of operations.

At first has installed the driver http://www.prof-tuners.com/download/driver...1.0.1.2_W32.zip

After poweroff QBoxII and computer reboot in the device has change dev ID VID_734C&PID_5920 (TBS QboxII) on VID_3034&PID_7500 (ProfRed 7500).

Then I upgrade driver to the version http://www.prof-tuners.com/download/driver...1.0.1.3_W32.zip

After that DVB the card became ProfRed 7500. And now Diseqc works.

Again I repeat - the given operations can damage to your device.

There was a moment when the computer did not find a card.

But now I have Diseqc in DVBViewer and last SVN versions MediaPortal.

Edited by ppy
Just one more question: Does DiSEqC also work with the new TransEdit (test) version if Settings -> Hardware -> Use Standard Interface is ticked?

Would someone be so nice and check it? Otherwise Lars will refuse to to use the TransEdit code in DVBViewer Pro :)

Would someone be so nice and check it? Otherwise Lars will refuse to to use the TransEdit code in DVBViewer Pro :)

With TBS QBoxII new version TransEdit works perfectly well!

But with ProfRed 7500 DiSEqC in TransEdit does not switch.

Edited by ppy
I could include Diseqc control in DVBViewer.

But! Attention! The given way can destroy yours QBoxII.

There is complete clone TBS QBoxII - ProfRed 7500 http://www.prof-tuners.com/eng/prof7500.html

For ProfRed compatibility Diseqc in DVBViewer is declared.

I cannot recollect exact sequence of operations.

At first has installed the driver http://www.prof-tuners.com/download/driver...1.0.1.2_W32.zip

After poweroff QBoxII and computer reboot in the device has change dev ID VID_734C&PID_5920 (TBS QboxII) on VID_3034&PID_7500 (ProfRed 7500).

Then I upgrade driver to the version http://www.prof-tuners.com/download/driver...1.0.1.3_W32.zip

After that DVB the card became ProfRed 7500. And now Diseqc works.

Again I repeat - the given operations can damage to your device.

There was a moment when the computer did not find a card.

But now I have Diseqc in DVBViewer and last SVN versions MediaPortal.

So how did you restore the Qbox when it cannot be found?

So how did you restore the Qbox when it cannot be found?

Сleaned all records in registry with words TBS and QBOX.

Deleted oem inf files DVB cards and deleted driver S2QBOX.sys.

After reboot windows - found DVB device.

Install driver ProfRed 7500.

Сleaned all records in registry with words TBS and QBOX.

Deleted oem inf files DVB cards and deleted driver S2QBOX.sys.

After reboot windows - found DVB device.

Install driver ProfRed 7500.

It seems that my QBOX II was damaged, after I loaded the ProfRd 7500 driver, it just be recognized as "Unknown device" no matter it was plugged to other machine :)

Besides, had you restored the Qbox II From ProfRed to TBS's VID/PID?

Edited by Kenny Lam
It seems that my QBOX II was damaged, after I loaded the ProfRd 7500 driver, it just be recognized as "Unknown device" no matter it was plugged to other machine :)
The unknown device has VID/PID?
Besides, had you restored the Qbox II From ProfRed to TBS's VID/PID?
I did not begin to restore back QboxII because ProfRed works better.

To Kenny Lam

I have repeated change VID/PID on QBOXII.

1. Replace in S2QBOX.inf USB\VID_734C&PID_5920 on flowing USB\VID_3034&PID_7500.

2. Install these QBOXII the driver.

3. Installation process was not completed. I have waited for 20 minutes and have rebooted.

4. After reboot - "Unknown device"

5. Has deleted all oemXX.inf from these devices and driver Prof7500.sys.

6. Unplug cable of power supply for a card. Wait 3 minutes and plug power.

7. There was a device with unknown to me VID/PID. Has repeated item 6 three times. And I see VID/PID USB\VID_734C&PID_5920 from QBOXII.

8. Installation of original drivers from TBS.

P.S. Then I have returned on ProfRed 7500. I think these of the driver better.

The unknown device has VID/PID?

VID_0000/PID_0000, HWID "USB\UNKNOWN"

To Kenny Lam

I have repeated change VID/PID on QBOXII.

1. Replace in S2QBOX.inf USB\VID_734C&PID_5920 on flowing USB\VID_3034&PID_7500.

2. Install these QBOXII the driver.

3. Installation process was not completed. I have waited for 20 minutes and have rebooted.

4. After reboot - "Unknown device"

5. Has deleted all oemXX.inf from these devices and driver Prof7500.sys.

6. Unplug cable of power supply for a card. Wait 3 minutes and plug power.

7. There was a device with unknown to me VID/PID. Has repeated item 6 three times. And I see VID/PID USB\VID_734C&PID_5920 from QBOXII.

8. Installation of original drivers from TBS.

P.S. Then I have returned on ProfRed 7500. I think these of the driver better.

Thanks, I'm going to give it a try.If the box still not working, I will take it for replacement

(update: I can get to item 7, but after I installed the driver, it turns back to a Unknown device. What version of TBS driver are you using?)

Edited by Kenny Lam
VID_0000/PID_0000, HWID "USB\UNKNOWN"

Thanks, I'm going to give it a try.If the box still not working, I will take it for replacement

(update: I can get to item 7, but after I installed the driver, it turns back to a Unknown device. What version of TBS driver are you using?)

Try in S2QBOX.inf to change on USB\VID_0000&PID_0000 and to install the driver.

DriverVer= 06/30/2009, 1.0.2.6 from TBS.

If the driver is installed, it will independently register in eeprom correct VID\PID.

Edited by ppy

Finally I can not turn it back to a TBS Qbox II still, but I can operate it as a ProfRed7500 :)

At the previously stated item 6, I installed the ProfRed7500 1.0.1.2 driver, afterward a DVB-S device was recognized, then I update the driver to version 1.0.1.3.

ProfRed 7500 work fine in DVBViewer, but not switch in TransEdit(incl. 3.4.1.0/3.4.2.0)

I guess the reason is that the vendor code of Prof cannot be detected.

hardware.xml

TransEdit.ini

Edited by Kenny Lam
Are there any official release date or beta version for DVBViewer regarding to this update?

Not yet.

I could upload a DVBViewer GE beta version with QBOX DiSEqC support to the members area

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...st&p=259210

but it doesn't contain CI/CAM support, and the only supported languages are English and German. No Chinese character sets or such... let me know if you want it.

Not yet.

I could upload a DVBViewer GE beta version with QBOX DiSEqC support to the members area

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...st&p=259210

but it doesn't contain CI/CAM support, and the only supported languages are English and German. No Chinese character sets or such... let me know if you want it.

I found the problem on Telestar 18, it is caused by my LNB with unstable LOF, sorry to bother you:P

I can wait for the DVBViewer Pro as it is already my habit:blush:

• 8 months later...