Install OSD Skin

Hehoheho the King

Hi,

I'm new to DVBViewer.

I would like to change the interface by OSD skin downloaded from the forum. But would someone kind to tell me how to install it?

Thanks!

1) (With DVBViewer closed) extract the OSK skin folder you find in the downloaded compressed file in "OSDSkins" folder you find under the main DVBViewer folder (sorry for so many folders o:))

2) Start DVBViewer Pro and go to menu "Settings / Options / OSD General / OSD Skin", select it and press "OK button"

3) press "ESC" to see your new OSD skin!

;)

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to install two skins, first Concinnity 3D, then old Concinnity, but after uninstalling both, the default mediacenter skin no longer works- my OSD Menu in Options has no entries and in my osderror.log I get the message "OSD Init Invalid Skinpath! Deactivating"- does anyone know how I can fix this?

Edited by dvbrewer

Is the folder structure correct?

c:\program files\DVBViewer\OSDSkins\concinnity3D\ and here you should find the .xml files and a folder called images.

c:\program files\DVBViewer\OSDSkins\default\ for the default-skin.

c:\program files\ can maybe vary on your system

Dont use the folder skins for this. Use OSDSkins

Edited by Devastation
Is the folder structure correct?

c:\program files\DVBViewer\OSDSkins\concinnity3D\ and here you should find the .xml files and a folder called images.

c:\program files\DVBViewer\OSDSkins\default\ for the default-skin.

c:\program files\ can maybe vary on your system

Dont use the folder skins for this. Use OSDSkins

I removed both Concinnity skins- I deleted the folders in OSDSkins (leaving default) and also replaced the Concinnity3D windowdef.xml in configuration folder with the old version (which I had renamed to windowdef.old). I have also now reinstalled DVBViewer (without installing or deleting the config folder) and it still didn't help. The default OSDSkin folder seems to be fine, no file has changed so it must be that DVBViewer is looking in the wrong place for the skin- any idea in what file this info is stored?

I dont know. What for usermode do you have?

OK, I found it :bounce: in setup.xml in the config folder, under <section name="OSD">, currentOSD was pointing to concinnity, I just changed it to default and now it works again :). Maybe the mistake I made was to delete the concinnity folder when DVBViewer was still selected on that, I should have changed to Default before deleting?

Edited by dvbrewer
delete the concinnity folder when DVBViewer was still selected on that

I have now done the same, deleted the used skin, restarted DVBV and could bring up no OSD (normal I think). But in the Options I could choose between the other availible Skins without a problem. :bounce:

I have now done the same, deleted the used skin, restarted DVBV and could bring up no OSD (normal I think). But in the Options I could choose between the other availible Skins without a problem. :bounce:

Could you choose default? On mine I could select it, but nothing is listed in OSD menu (and skin won't work).

Could you choose default? On mine I could select it, but nothing is listed in OSD menu (and skin won't work).

I selected default and all was working. Maybe some other settings (options, plugins whatsoever) have blocked it on your PC.

But so what

I just changed it to default and now it works again.
All is ok now, right?