Way to fix channels with wrong aspect ratio

dvbrewer

Oh I'm sure we can give them some useful tips how to follow the specs correctly, they just have to ask :bounce: Griga does point some german broadcaster now and then into the right direction :bye:

Hi

Quite a few UK broadcasters use this method for squeezing 16:9 anamorphic pixels into a 4:3 channel space (BBC News, ITV2, ITV4 which are just a few mainstream channels)

So with the ini file you proposed on this thread, will this correctly label files as 16:9, so when played from Recording Service DLNA server, connected players will correctly recognise 16:9? Currently some streamers figure out 16:9, but some show 4:3.

Is there an ini or .bat file that could be run after recording from known anamorphic channels that would correct media file information - if this would force 16:9 on DLNA players?

Thanks

Tony

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, I have a question about this plugin. Will it allow me to replace the audio stream with an internet audio stream?

F1 has been put behind a paywall in my country. I use RTL in German. My German is OK, but I would prefer commentary in English. There are plenty of English audio streams. I know the sync will never be perfect, but for sport, close is usually enough.

I do this currently by muting the TV ( I stream from DVBViewer to my Sony PS3), and listen to the radio. Wondering if there is a more integrated solution.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...