two cards, watching and recording at the same time

komzik

at first I,m sorry for my bad english.

I have got mediacenter pc with two SkyStar HD2 PCI cards. Cards are connected to twin converter witch is seting on HotBird.

I search chanels on first SS2 card and seting group A programs, then i search chanels on second card and seting group B programs.

In effect I have identical program lists on both cards.

I need to watch TV and record anotcher chanel (on second card) at the same time. Simply I need to click rec button and change

chanel.

Is it possible to do it with DVBViewer pro ?

I have got mediacenter pc with two SkyStar HD2 PCI cards. Cards are connected to twin converter witch is seting on HotBird.

I search chanels on first SS2 card and seting group A programs, then i search chanels on second card and seting group B programs.

I need to watch TV and record anotcher chanel (on second card) at the same time. Simply I need to click rec button and change

chanel.

Yes I have 2 cards and do this by running DVBViewer as a second independent app.

These are the instructions which was sent to me by one of the tecchies on here:

=========================

Yes. You must have installed the DVBViewer two times.

Go to the configurationfolder (in DVB-V --> about --> configuration folder), save the configuration folder (DVBViewer not running). Rename the config.folder (like DVBViewerS for Satellite).

Then go to the installation folder (normally c:\program files\DVBViewer) and open the usermode.ini. Here you change the entry

Root=CMUV\DVBViewer to

Root=CMUV\DVBViewerS (for example)

Now you can install DVBViewer a second time. In the window for the installation path you change c:\program files\DVBViewer to c:\program files\dvbviewerT (for terrestric).

DVBViewer should now be installed a second time.

Go to the configurationfolder and rename the config.folder called DVBViewer to DVBViewerT.

Then go to the installation folder (now c:\program files\dvbviewerT) and open the usermode.ini. Here you change the entry

Root=CMUV\DVBViewer to

Root=CMUV\DVBViewerT

Now you should have two working DVBViewers. You can synchronisize the configuration folder of the new installing with the old one so you have your settings in both Installations.

Note: The two instances must not use the same device at one time!

=================================================

Let me know if it works for you.

Frank

You did not need two DVBViewer installation. It is possible to watch a channel and record one on the other card in one DVBViewer.

You only have to installed the DVBViewer two times if you like to look two channels simultaneously on two monitors. PiP is possibe in one DVBViewer.

Indeed, just one DVBViewer:

if still a problem, set one card as Preffered, then other as normal mode.

The prefferred is used by default and if a recording is working, then DVBViewer will switch to second card with a lower priority state.

chanel.

Yes, record (NOT Timeshift) and then switch to another channel to record (can timeshift). Be sure both cards are detected in the latest DVBViewer Pro version.
Yes, record (NOT Timeshift) and then switch to another channel to record (can timeshift). Be sure both cards are detected in the latest DVBViewer Pro version.

My DVBViewer detected two TechniSat Mantis DVBS BDA Reciver. I try many settings. I changed priority, shared LNB, chanels group and when i click rec button recording start. When i change chanel i can watch it, DVBViewer says "I`m now recording another chanel" but in fact DVBViewer no longer record prev. chanel.

Default action when i start recording is "only record"

encrypted channels = two DVb-S(2) cards, two CAM modules, two valid smartcards or a thing like smartwi but smartwi is not allowed by many distributors.

If You don't have two cam's, then you can record a encrypted channel and whatch to a FTA channel.

You can record a FTA channel and watch encrypted channel.

You can not record ecnrypted channel and watch to another encrypted channel in the same bouquet.

Pleas post you support.zip

are the channels encrypted?

i try record FTA chanel and watch FTA chanel, effect - DVBViewer no longer record FTA chanel after chanel changing. Of course i try encrypted chanels too.

i have:

2x SkyStar HD2 PCI cards

Gigabyte_GA_MA78GM_S2H motherboard with integrated ATI Radeon HD3200

support.zip

I try DVBViewer TE2 - efect is the same as DVBViewer pro ;)

In DVBViewer pro I set up first card to group A, second to group B. I search chanels once and assign them to group A (DVBViewer use card from A group), after that I search chanels second time and assigne them to group B (DVBViewer use card from B group).

When I use only first card all chanels from A group work fine.

When I use only second card all chanels from B group work fine, too.

But when I use both cards and choose chanel from A group - I can watch this chanel - next I manualy choose chanel form group B - I can`t watch anything from B group.

Next I change setings. Both cards can use chanels from group A and B.

Manualy I change chanel to chanel from group A - I can wach it - next I manualy change chanel to chanel from B group - I can watch it too ! :)

After that I choose chanel from A group and start recording - recording starts - next I manualy change chanel to chanel from B group - I can watch this chanel but recording stops.

Best result i`ve got is recording chanel and watching another form the same transponder, or starting record and watching anotcher chanel, but DVBViewer stops recording.

Of course I try FTA and encrypted chanels. Effect is the same.

Edited by komzik
2x SkyStar HD2 PCI cards

With those two cards you're lost. It's a known issue of Twinhan/AzureWave drivers, confirmed by TerraTec (selling the Twinhan/AzureWave stuff as Cinergy S2 HD), but there's no fixed driver in sight up to now.

Sorry, no better news...

With those two cards you're lost. It's a known issue of Twinhan/AzureWave drivers, confirmed by TerraTec (selling the Twinhan/AzureWave stuff as Cinergy S2 HD), but there's no fixed driver in sight up to now.

Sorry, no better news...

Thanks for replay.

So, I must change one card to something else. Wich card do You recommend ?

I change one Sky Star HD2 card to TechnoTrend -budget S2-3200.

I search chanels for TechnoTrend -budget S2-3200.

I set up chanel to FTA and start recording. When I change chanel to FTA or encrypted chanel, recording still working.

But when I start recording encrypted chanel and change chanel to FTA or encrypted chanel, recording stops :)

Maybe i should reinstal DVBViewer ?

My support.zip file:

support.zip

Edited by komzik

If you have only one CAM uncheck Options > Hardware > Has CI modul.

If this did not help start the DVBViewer via Startmenu > Program > DVBViewer > Support > DVBViewer Pro (Debug Mode) and reproduce the problem 2 or 3 times.

And post a new support..zip

Unfortunately I can`t use Debug Mode for encrypted chanels.

My TV operator allow use card sharing in one home. I have 3 tuners. So I set up [removed] on my d-box2. On two htpc computers I use [removed] witch did not work in DVBViewer debug mode :)

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

OK.

I have two paid card form my tv operator. [removed]

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?act=boardrules

2x SkyStar HD2 PCI cards

Update: TechniSat is now looking after the problem, so a new driver enabling to use two of those cards in a PC will probably be available soon...

Update: TechniSat is now looking after the problem, so a new driver enabling to use two of those cards in a PC will probably be available soon...

Thanks for reply. I`ll be waiting.

It is possible to use DVBViewer and recordingservice together so as to I watch one chanel I press rec button and recordingservice starts recording ?

Edited by komzik

I have the same problem using two Terratec Cinergy T2 cards (DVB-T, USB 2.0, bda).

Both devices are correctly detected, but only one works (the last one connected in the USB socket).

I think it's a driver problem. Can someone confim it? Suggestions?

Thanks. ;)

• 1 month later...

I`ve done it o:)

I can watch and record two diffrent channels from diffrent transponders.

But I have one problem. When I start recoding and switch channel to TVN, TVN24 and other TVN group channels i can`t see anything. But I can watch every other paid channels. Where is the problem ?