MySeries - TV Series info OSD Plugin

amontillado

MySeries is a plugin for DVBViewer Pro.

In addition to the MyMovies plugin I decided to write something similar that downloads and displays tv series data. Data is downloaded from TheTvDB.Com

It provides an alternative interface for the htpc/mediacentre section. Similar to plugins that are available for MCE and Mediaportal

Currently it features banners, posters, fanart, description, first aired, runtime, actors & gueststars.

You can scan paths for mediafiles, it will then try to find a matching series and episode. If necessary you can edit these manually.

It can also update the database automatically.

I want to get most bugs out first, so please report those.. only later I might add new stuff.

Instal:

1. Place the myseries.dll and myseries_manager.exe in the plugins dir

2. Place the myseries xml's in the skin directory.. currently only skin files for the concinnity3d & mediastream skin are provided.

3. Go to the myseries section in the options and set the appropriate settings

4. Launch the myseries manager

- Go to the settings tab and set what you want to download.

- Go to the search files and download tab, setup the paths you want to scan

- Get the files (Button, Step 1)

- Edit the found files (e.g. if no or multiple matches are found)

- Download the series data (Button, Step 2)

- Save the selected files (Button, Step 3)

- OR skip the last three steps and click the AutoUpdate button

Important notes:

The downloading of series data, especially the banners/fanart/posters, can take a long time. Try it out with only 1 or 2 series first, if it works do the rest.

When you get a 'connection timeout' it probably mean the www.thetvdb.com is down. Just wait a while and try again

Settings in DVBViewer Options.

- Use External Player : Check to use an external player instead of DVBViewer.

When a movie is selected, DVBViewer will stop currently playing videos and the

the external program will be launched.

- Update item delay : Determines the time (in millisec) that mymovies will wait before refreshing the movie details and backdrop. This can be usefull if loading of the images is slow. (network drives or extreme high quality pictures and high quality OSD appearance settings).

- Load banners : If disabled, backdrops won't be loaded

- Debug log : If enabled some extra info is writen into the osd.log

- Only show available : If enabled only seasons and episodes that are available will be shown, otherwise all series/seasons/episodes info is present.

- Viestyle .. : The viewstyle for the series/season/ or episode can be set here. (e.g. To get the widebanners you need a myseries2.xml and set viewstyle series to "Thumbnail Big"

- XML : Select the osd xml you wish to use (a restart of DVBViewer is required)

- Add Episodes to playlist : Add all the episodes from the same series & season to the playlist.

- Autoupdate : Select if you want to automatically search for new or deleted files (settings: "Manually" or "On DVBViewer Start")

- Menu Window : Indicates where MySeries is listed in the OSD menu, Home or htpcHome/Mediacenter

- Use Key hook : If enabled pressing a key ('a..z') will selected the first on movie that starts with that character.

Also pressing 0..9 will cycle through the associated characters (like on a phone).

! Warning: Enabling this will disable the shortcuts for 'a..z' and '0..9' for the rest of DVBViewer

(not if shift,ctrl or alt is pressed).

- Preface new : You can enter a preface for new files to quickly recognize them.

Settings in Myseries Manager.

Settings in Myseries Manager.

- SQLite path : Under normal circumstances the sqlite.dll will be found automatically.. if that fails find it yourself (e.g. in the DVBViewer application directory)

Links:

TheTvDb.Com: The source of the series data: www.thetvdb.com. Please support them by adding to the database.

Skins:

BluFuzz skin: http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/38952-osd-skin-blufuzz/ (german topic)

Concinnity3d skin: http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=23528 (enlish), http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=23169 (german)

Mediastream skin: http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=31681 (german)

VDR-Retro skin: http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=35267

X-Skin: http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=38303

Inca Skin: http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=39591 (german topic)

Version info:

• 0.01.07 Alpa Initial version.
  • 0.01.08 Fix in UTF8 Conversion, Overview visible again
  • 0.01.10 Added Option to add all episodes to playlist
  • 0.01.11 Fix MySeries Manager, Would sometimes not download the description
  • 0.01.12 Add Autoupdate option, Change: Playlist description is now <seasonnr>.<episodenr>-<episodename>
  • 0.01.13 Fix: Series with no available episodes are not shown anymore, Fix: Autoupdate function was reset to manual if other option changed.
  • 0.01.14 Add: Popup with Series/Episode info (OSD-Yellow, and Option menu). Fix: MySeries Manager-AutoUpdate ran update logic twice. Change: After AutoUpdate db is not reloaded automatically, use option menu to reload. Removed: Use Local thumbs..Never actually implemented it anyway.
  • 0.01.15 Added: Loads the background image of the home image for certain skins like Concicity Lite (by setting the "#menufocusimage" value to either "home_myseries.png" or "home_mediacenter_myseries.png"). Added option to select where MySeries is listed (Home or htpcHome / Mediacenter)
  • 0.01.16 Changed: Loads acceptable videoextentions from DVBViewer setup.xml. Fix: UpdateItemDelay was always set to 1000, causing a delay in the update of the images, now looks at the setting again. Change: If Season Back item is select the poster now displays Seriesposter. Added: Option to enable skipping in list on Keypress (Pressing 'd' moves to first item which starts with a 'd').
  • 0.01.17 Changed: Changed url of download site.
  • 0.01.18 Fix: Utf8 decode for filenames (e.g. german chars like ß didnt play). Fix: Even if exact match was found it still showed the multple matches. Added: X-skin xml.
  • 0.01.19 Added: Support for #menufocusimages +/- 1,2. Fix: Sorting of > 10 seasons works.
  • 0.02.20 Added: You can now remove a single series from the database (previously only the links to files were removed). Added: New episodes can have a preface (like *). You can manually change if the episode was watched or not in the myseries_manager.
    Fix: Some bug in myseries_manager fixed (like saving of image changes). Change: Uses (quite a lot) less memory if Only show available is used. Changed: Database now Sqlite3. At first start it will convert (can take a long time). Make sure you backup the db before.
  • 0.02.21 Added: You can change the thetvdb server Fix: utf8 paths are now properly read.
  • 0.02.22 Fix: Occasional crashes on playing next playlist item (introduced in 0.2.20)
  • 0.02.23 Added: FolderBack image is now loaded. Removed: Support for wide season banners (there are hardly any available on thetvdb.com), you'll probably need to set the default viewsetting again.
    • Fix: Episode image in thumbview loaded properly.
    • Fix: Season posters weren't always shown with a default language <> en.
    • Fix: Download of series details could fail (TVDB server didnt allow POST method anymore).
    • Fix: Menufocus images not always shown
    • Changed: Autoupdate method changed, now looks for files with no episode info instead of new files.
    • Changed: OSD Yellow now means Go Back to Previous (Used to be Show info, that can still be loaded from the options menu).
    • Added: Support for Dynamic WIndowBackdrop (>4.3.100), tag is '#myseries_backdrop'

[*]0.02.25

• Fix: Series with special characters (ü etc) weren't found.
    • Fix: Search for series would lead to duplicate results (1 in default language and 1 in selected language)
    • Fix: Utf8 encoding errors in myseries manager.
    • Change: Reworked the way the 'watched' flag is set from withing myseries, hopefully solves some win7 & dvb 4.5 issues.
    • Fix: Sort order for series now disregards capitals.
    • Add: Setting for image server. Since default (http://thetvdb.com/) sometimes fails. In that case use http://cache.thetvdb.com/

Known bugs:

- DVBViewer, Options: On first time use, if you select the options it might not show, just select a different option section and select the myseries option again.

- DVBViewer, Options: The myseries xml might revert back to the default (myseries.xml)

Download: myseries_0.02.24.zip [DVBViewer 4.5 and higher]

Download: myseries_0.02.25.zip [DVBViewer 4.5 and higher]

post-35319-1245271428_thumb.jpg

post-35319-1245271439_thumb.jpg

post-35319-1245271447_thumb.jpg

post-35319-1245271456_thumb.jpg

post-35319-1245271468_thumb.jpg

post-35319-1245271537_thumb.jpg

post-35319-1245271547_thumb.jpg

post-35319-1265753169_thumb.jpg

post-35319-1265753351_thumb.jpg

post-35319-1269200835_thumb.jpg

post-35319-1269200842_thumb.jpg

Edited by amontillado

ps.

I would appriciate it very much if a skinner could build a skin file for the default skin. I can't seem to build a decent one.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

new version uploaded, some bugfixes and added option to enqueue all episodes to playlist

ps.. Is anybody actually using the plugin :biggrin:

Edited by amontillado

I definitely will use it but can't yet.

My TV Series are in a bit of a state - most of them I recorded and therefore named myself. I'm tidying it all up before I start using the plugin. But thanks for posting it.

In version 01.10 you maybe forgot the mediastream-skinfiles? Or did you just not change them?

I played around with your plugin for about half an hour and could not encounter any bugs or something. Everything works as it is supposed to, at least in my eyes.

Just one question:

Is it possible to get some german data, e.g. the episode description and the episode names?

I changed the preferred language from "en" to "de" & "ger", but nothing happened.

When I do a manual search ion thetvdb.com, everything is found.

Maybe I just did something wrong, hope you can help?

In version 01.10 you maybe forgot the mediastream-skinfiles? Or did you just not change them?

Yep, and no :biggrin:

Is it possible to get some german data, e.g. the episode description and the episode names?

I changed the preferred language from "en" to "de" & "ger", but nothing happened.

When I do a manual search ion thetvdb.com, everything is found.

Maybe I just did something wrong, hope you can help?

set language to "de" and download the data again, that should do it. If not clear the database, restart the myseriesmanager and try again

• Like 1
set language to "de" and download the data again, that should do it. If not clear the database, restart the myseriesmanager and try again

I'll try this.

Tried the newest version (01.11) and now everything is fine and works as it should. Series are recognized correctly and the download of descriptions does not fail (as sometimes with version 01.10). German language works.

Great work!

Tried the newest version (01.11) and now everything is fine and works as it should. Series are recognized correctly and the download of descriptions does not fail (as sometimes with version 01.10). German language works.

Great work!

Good to hear, thanks

Is it possible to delete single series out of the database?

For example I scanned all my series and now I deleted some and don't want to have them in the series-manager anymore.

At the moment the only possibility is to clear the complete database, or isn't it?

Is it possible to delete single series out of the database?

For example I scanned all my series and now I deleted some and don't want to have them in the series-manager anymore.

At the moment the only possibility is to clear the complete database, or isn't it?

You can use the sqlitebrowser to delete it from the database for now.

I plan to implement an autoupdate option soon, that will also automatically remove files that are not available anymore.

But until then I'll add deleting sinlge entries in a next version.

But until then I'll add deleting sinlge entries in a next version.

Oh, you don't have to implement it just because I asked for it. I'm very satisfied with your plugin and can surely wait for the autoupdate-function to be implemented.

You don't have to do extra work for a workaround...

Deleting entrys manually works fine, just had to find a version of the sqlitebrowser that supports the databases used by the plugin (sqlitebrowser 1.3 tells me the databases aren't sqlite 3 databases. Version 1.0 works fine).

But I found a bug, at least I think it is:

Downloading of images (whether it's banners or posters or equal) fails, if the language is set to any other than "en".

The series manager tells me "multiple matches found..." when language is set to "de".

In the dropdown menu I can select the correct series & downloading starts but the only thing that is being downloaded are the episode images and the series description (at least in the correct language).

No other images are being downloaded.

It works when the language is set to "en".

The series manager finds the correct series and downloads all images.

After that you have to set the language to "de" and download the series data again.

Hope it got clear what I mean and you are able to fix this.

Greetz!

Deleting entrys manually works fine, just had to find a version of the sqlitebrowser that supports the databases used by the plugin (sqlitebrowser 1.3 tells me the databases aren't sqlite 3 databases. Version 1.0 works fine).

But I found a bug, at least I think it is:

Downloading of images (whether it's banners or posters or equal) fails, if the language is set to any other than "en".

The series manager tells me "multiple matches found..." when language is set to "de".

In the dropdown menu I can select the correct series & downloading starts but the only thing that is being downloaded are the episode images and the series description (at least in the correct language).

No other images are being downloaded.

It works when the language is set to "en".

The series manager finds the correct series and downloads all images.

After that you have to set the language to "de" and download the series data again.

Hope it got clear what I mean and you are able to fix this.

Greetz!

Try enabling the option "Download default language"

For many/most series there are hardly any german (or other foreign) posters / banners available, enabling that option will make that besides the set language also english images are downloaded.

• 4 weeks later...
in version .12 no episodes are shown in OSD.

Can you look in MySeries Manager in the Manage Series Tab and see if the Filenames are present for the episodes?

Can you look in MySeries Manager in the Manage Series Tab and see if the Filenames are present for the episodes?

Yes Filenames are present in MySeries Manager if I change to older version .11, with same database, all is okay.

Yes Filenames are present in MySeries Manager if I change to older version .11, with same database, all is okay.

Hmm.. weird ;)

Could you possibly upload the db and osd.log & osderror.log to

ftp://amontillado.nl

user: DVBViewer@amontillado.nl

pwd: DVBViewer

And can you disable "Only show available" ?

Edited by amontillado
Hmm.. weird ;)

Could you possibly upload the db and osd.log & osderror.log to

And can you disable "Only show available" ?

I upload the files and tested with "Only show available" disabled in ver. .13. no episodes shown in OSD till ver .12

hi could you please ad support for Media Center Master xml files like you have done in the movie plugin

thanx michael o:)

I will, but you'll have to remind me in two weeks... I'm leaving for my honeymoon tomorrow :)

• 2 weeks later...
How do I get this plugin to show up in the OSD menu, I can't seem to get the menu this way.

1. Place the myseries.dll and myseries_manager.exe in the plugins dir of the DVBViewer application directory

2. Place the myseries xml's in the skin directory.. currently only skin files for the concinnity3d & mediastream skin are provided.

You should then get an entry in the main/home OSD menu.

Hey, tested the actual version which works pretty good for me. As usual ;-)

Just a little bug(?):

When an episode ends, I get a black screen or whatever was the screen in the last second of the episode.

When I then try to reenter the myseries-menu, the osd does not work.

I can see on the vlc of my htpc-case, that DVBViewer enters the menu and everything else. Just osd does not show anything.

Maybe you know why?

Another thing, can you explain that playlist thing to me? How does this work? I normally start watching every episode on my own.

Greetz, sw4y

*edit*

Oh, I almost forgot: Hope you had a nice honeymoon and don't regret anything ;-)

Edited by sw4y
Hey, tested the actual version which works pretty good for me. As usual ;-)

Just a little bug(?):

When an episode ends, I get a black screen or whatever was the screen in the last second of the episode.

When I then try to reenter the myseries-menu, the osd does not work.

I can see on the vlc of my htpc-case, that DVBViewer enters the menu and everything else. Just osd does not show anything.

Maybe you know why?

Another thing, can you explain that playlist thing to me? How does this work? I normally start watching every episode on my own.

Greetz, sw4y

*edit*

Oh, I almost forgot: Hope you had a nice honeymoon and don't regret anything ;-)

1. Can you tell me what it is listed in the DVBViewer playlist (is there a bogues entry at the end perhaps) ?

2. If "add all episodes to playlist" is enabled and you start an episode it will add all the following episodes of the season to dvbviewers playlist. In this way once a episode is finished the following will automatically start.

(e.g. 22 episodes in the season, start episode 13.. then 13-22 will be added to the playlist).

3. It was a very nice honeymoon, no regrets.....yet .. :)

hey.

version 0.14 doenst work at my pc.

i tried everything (only show available off/on, i checked if the epsiodes are linked to the data, etc...)

I can download Serieinformation (recognition works great) but i cant see anything in the OSD menu.

I use DVBViewer 4.2.1.

hey.

version 0.14 doenst work at my pc.

i tried everything (only show available off/on, i checked if the epsiodes are linked to the data, etc...)

I can download Serieinformation (recognition works great) but i cant see anything in the OSD menu.

I use DVBViewer 4.2.1.

1. Did previous version work

2. Is myseries present in the osd home menu or do you mean that you dont see anything once you select the plugin

3. What skin do you use?

4. Please enable 'debug log" and post osd.log and osderror.log

1. Did previous version work

2. Is myseries present in the osd home menu or do you mean that you dont see anything once you select the plugin

3. What skin do you use?

4. Please enable 'debug log" and post osd.log and osderror.log

1. Before i reinstall my pc, a version worked, but i dont know which version it was.

2. It is present, and yes i mean i dont see anything once i select the plugin

3. connincty 3d

4. I had enable this funktion but i didnt find the log files.

I maybe had the same problem, maybe it helps:

First I completely uninstalled the previous version (deleting everything) and then I installed the actual version.

I then manually started the myseriesmanager and downloaded everything about my series.

They were available in the manager then.

But I did not see anything in the OSD.

I completely removed everything and reinstalled the plugin.

I then started a search in the options menu of the DVBViewer. Everything was found and also available in the OSD.

Hope you can solve the problem.

I maybe had the same problem, maybe it helps:

First I completely uninstalled the previous version (deleting everything) and then I installed the actual version.

I then manually started the myseriesmanager and downloaded everything about my series.

They were available in the manager then.

But I did not see anything in the OSD.

I completely removed everything and reinstalled the plugin.

I then started a search in the options menu of the DVBViewer. Everything was found and also available in the OSD.

Hope you can solve the problem.

nope.... i tried this also....

4. I had enable this funktion but i didnt find the log files.

they are in dvbviewers configuration folder (you can find that from dvbviewers option pages, there is a link to the config folder there)