MySeries - TV Series info OSD Plugin

amontillado

OK. My files are on another PC in my network and i marked it as removable, because it is not always running when my htpc is running.

When I don't use the option "removable", it will delete the database-entries when my PC is turned off and an auto-update is running - correct?

A suggestion for one of the next versions: You could check if the removable device is available - if it is, deleted episodes could be removed from the database.

But it's really a great work you've done, i like this plugin! Thanks

1. Correct

2. Well not entirely, since removable device could also be a dvd or other medium that can have different files on depending on what you put in the device. So it would probably require a different setting for the type of medium. But if I've got some time I'll try to implement it. Until then you have to manually press the "Clear deleted" button in the myseries manager

• 1 month later...

I have one prob and one suggestions :)

1. if an alternative language was choosen, than every serie will be found 2xtimes (Autoupdate is the same)

so every serie have to be choosen, before it can download (Same series name and id)

2. German chars like ß ö ü ä Ö Ü Ä in movie files can´t be played

Thx

At first thanks for this plugin.

Today I tried to update my series, but after a while I get this message: Socket Error #10051, Network is unreachable.

This happens with Auto Update and on Step 1: Get files.

Maybe they changed something at www.thetvdb.com

Thanks for help

post-60918-1262873951_thumb.png

New version: myseries_0.01.18.zip

• Fix: Utf8 decode for filenames (e.g. german chars like ß didnt play).
  • Fix: Even if exact match was found it still showed the multple matches.
  • Added: X-skin xml.

1. if an alternative language was choosen, than every serie will be found 2xtimes (Autoupdate is the same)

so every serie have to be choosen, before it can download (Same series name and id)

2. German chars like ß ö ü ä Ö Ü Ä in movie files can´t be played

2. should be solved, some weird error in the utf8 decoding

1. I could really replicate that but I did notice a small error that multple matches were shown even if a exact match was found.. possibly that solves your problem as well. (ps if not please post the exact file + path name

Hello,

first great work.

But now i have i problem.

I have changed my Series Folder e.g. c:\TVSerien\Dr.House\Season1\ to C:\TVSerien\Dr. House\

Then i have changed the folder in the settings of myseries manager.

Since i become an error when i started a episode.

"Exception EInOutError in Modul MySeries.dll bei 000C1A8E"

Hope someone can help me!

osd.log

osderror.log

But now i have i problem.

I have changed my Series Folder e.g. c:\TVSerien\Dr.House\Season1\ to C:\TVSerien\Dr. House\

Then i have changed the folder in the settings of myseries manager.

Since i become an error when i started a episode.

"Exception EInOutError in Modul MySeries.dll bei 000C1A8E"

Changing the folder only changes which folder are being scanned, it doesnt change anything to the allready scanned files.

You need to clear the database first. In my series manager goto "Manage series" and press "Clear deleted" => "Clear all"

After that you can rescan the folders.

I have clean the database with "clear database",

then rescan the folder and i have the same problem with all of the series.

After that i deletet MySeries.dll and MySeriesmanager.exe and install the Version 0.1.18.

The problem is the same with an another number 000C20CA

Can you say me how i can delete Myseries complete so i can install a new MySeries.

Kurz in Deutsch,

geht wieder.

Habe alle daten von MySeries gelöscht und neu Angelegt.

Vor allem die Datei MySeries.db hatte ich beim letzten mal nicht gelöscht.

Jetzt muss ich zwar alles neu runterladen aber es geht wieder! :stupid:

I just stumbled across this plugin and I'm impressed. That's one of the features I was missing since I switched from MediaPortal to DVBViewer.

Ok, it still appears to be kinda experimental, but your current progress is already pretty good. I'm just wondering how the file parsing works. Do you try to find the movies by their foldername? None of my files matches when I select "get files", although most of my files are named properly (I'm very picky about filenames).

For instance:

\little_britain_season_1\little_britain_S01E01.avi

IMO it should be easy to determine the series' name after replacing all characters like underscores, hyphens and so on. Words like "season(.*?)" could also be replaced with empty strings to clean up the name before trying to resolve it. :(

Atm I'm trying to add some of my folders, but the downloading of the series seems to get stuck sometimes and the entire app hooks up. Hence I'm now editing/saving all folders one by one. Perhaps it would make sense to integrate a timeout to prevent the app from dying when the database server doesn't respond properly.

Just my 2 cents :stupid:

I just stumbled across this plugin and I'm impressed. That's one of the features I was missing since I switched from MediaPortal to DVBViewer.

Ok, it still appears to be kinda experimental, but your current progress is already pretty good.

Always wise to start with a insult :stupid:

I'm just wondering how the file parsing works. Do you try to find the moviesseries by their foldername? None of my files matches when I select "get files", although most of my files are named properly (I'm very picky about filenames).

For instance:

\little_britain_season_1\little_britain_S01E01.avi

IMO it should be easy to determine the series' name after replacing all characters like underscores, hyphens and so on. Words like "season(.*?)" could also be replaced with empty strings to clean up the name before trying to resolve it. :(

It can detect several naming schemes, but its best in the most commonly used: Path(from paths) \Series name\Season x\s01e01 blabla.avi"

Atm I'm trying to add some of my folders, but the downloading of the series seems to get stuck sometimes and the entire app hooks up. Hence I'm now editing/saving all folders one by one. Perhaps it would make sense to integrate a timeout to prevent the app from dying when the database server doesn't respond properly.

Most likely it didnt die, the downloading can just take a long long .. long time. Just read through the topic, some others also reported this and in the end they just needed to wait a little bit longer. That it looks like it doenst respond is because i didnt put the downloading in a seperate thread.

Always wise to start with a insult :stupid:

C'mon, I didn't intend to offend you ;) you have to admit it's not yet finished, never mind rock solid ;)

It can detect several naming schemes, but its best in the most commonly used: Path(from paths) \Series name\Season x\s01e01 blabla.avi"

hm, ok. If that's gonna make things easier, I don't mind to reorganize my folders a bit.

Most likely it didnt die, the downloading can just take a long long .. long time. Just read through the topic, some others also reported this and in the end they just needed to wait a little bit longer. That it looks like it doenst respond is because i didnt put the downloading in a seperate thread.

Yep, I noticed that in the meantime. I selected just about 50 files of 4 or 5 series and the process is running for more than one hour now. That's one of the reasons I consider it 'experimental', though I have to admit it's not your fault that the online service is so f* slow. Earlier when I added my series one by one it also crashed a couple of times while saving or retrieving the file listing. Does the plugin generate any logs I could send you to see if it's a bug or not? ;) don't get me wrong, I'm not offending you... just trying to give some more input to improve the reliability :(

update:

After 2hours of waiting it finally finished, but crashed on "save selected files". Now I can't get the covers for 2 Series working (for instance "Extras"). In the season/episode view it's working fine, but in the list of all series it doesn't display anything.

Besides that I noticed the banner view doesn't work properly with the MediaStream skin. There's a big blue border with twice the size of a banner. Guess it was supposed to be the highlighting function. My screen resolution is @ 1280x720. I tried to make a screenshot, but it only displays the TV, not the OSD :stupid:

(unfortunately I wasn't allowed to edit my previous post)

I have a problem with ISO mounting...

Virtual CloneDrive works without a problem for mounting ISO's, so everything is ok, when it comes to database a.s.o.

With DAEMON Tools (4.35.5) however, it doesn't. The ISO of the corresponding movie is simple not mounted. No error message is displayed.

osderror.log shows no error.

Here is the config:

<section name="daemon">
<entry name="drive">I:</entry>
<entry name="driveNo">0</entry>
<entry name="enabled">1</entry>
<entry name="path">C:\Programme\daemon\DTLite.exe</entry>
<entry name="Extensions">.img,.bin,.iso,.nrg,.cue</entry>
 </section>

Path is correct, drive letter too. As I said, Virtual CloneDrive works.

I have a problem with ISO mounting...

Virtual CloneDrive works without a problem for mounting ISO's, so everything is ok, when it comes to database a.s.o.

With DAEMON Tools (4.35.5) however, it doesn't. The ISO of the corresponding movie is simple not mounted. No error message is displayed.

There is no specific code in myseries for iso's that is (or in this case isnt) handled by DVBViewer.

I did put it something in mymovies to deal with mounting problems encounterd there (by you if i'm not mistaken). And it can very well be that doenst work since it expects daemon.exe for daemon tools, and not dlite.exe.

Btw.. do you know if dtlite uses the same parameters (-mount <driveno>, <file> )

Btw.. do you know if dtlite uses the same parameters (-mount <driveno>, <file> )

Lars is currently looking into that. Because if you try to mount an ISO within DVBViewer Movies you'll get an error

which says that the arguments are not supported by DAEMON. So maybe CLI has changed.

One additional suggestion: The seasons should be sorted with a leading 0 in the season number. If you have a series with 10 or more seasons, the 10th comes after the first...

One additional suggestion: The seasons should be sorted with a leading 0 in the season number. If you have a series with 10 or more seasons, the 10th comes after the first...

Fixed. Download: myseries_0.01.19.zip

• 0.01.19 Added: Support for #menufocusimages +/- 1,2. Fix: Sorting of > 10 seasons works.

Hi amontillado,

as mymovies I really like myseries. It’s a great add-on. But - to me - a major pain is the portability. Do you care to make an "export/import" function using something like this:

..\blub series\

-----------------backdrop.jpg

-----------------banner.jpg

-----------------folder.jpg

(-----------------series.xml)

-----------------\season 01\

(------------------------------season.xml)

-------------------------------S01E01, blabla.avi

-------------------------------S01E01, blabla.avi-folder.jpg

-------------------------------S01E01, blabla.avi-backdrop.jpg

-------------------------------S01E01, blabla.avi-screen.jpg

There are certain advantages like easily editable XML, one could just take the folder and copy it to another HTPC without complete rescan, easy replace images .. so on.

I do not wish to offend you (!) its just .. compared to mymovies that’s a disadvantage to me, using multiple HTPCs. I understand that you didn’t wish to torture users with slow XML parsing and having such a messy folder/file structure - so you prefered a .db file. However as an export structure it would be wonderful, wouldn't it? (:

Regards,

jrk

Hey amontillado,

wann fügst du die Sternchen oder ähnliches davor damit man einen überblick hat welche Serien man schon gesehen hat und welche neu dazu gekommen sind ?

Grüße

D3ltoro

Hi amontillado,

Sorry, but that will probably not be made by me soon, but its an unencrypted db so shouldnt be to difficult to create something yourself. (and im going to switch to sqlite3 soon.. for which there are plenty odbc drivers which allow importing and exporting to many other applications (e.g excel which makes converting to xml easy)

ps... read your pm, thanks for the remarks, i'll try to fix them.

Hey amontillado,

wann fügst du die Sternchen oder ähnliches davor damit man einen überblick hat welche Serien man schon gesehen hat und welche neu dazu gekommen sind ?

Whenever I feel like it....

• 2 weeks later...

Ich hätte da eine Frage und ein Problem.

Und zwar, wie nenne ich am besten die Serien und die Ordner ? Ist das so o.k. z.B. F:\Heroes 4.Staffel\heroes-s04e09 ?

und zum anderen. Hab ne Serie von der HDD gelöscht, also ne ganze Staffel. Habe den Serien UpdateManager gestartet und bei Manage auf clear deleted. Aber die Serie steht immer noch drin, wie bekomm ich die da weg ?

Grüße

D3ltoroxp

Und zwar, wie nenne ich am besten die Serien und die Ordner ? Ist das so o.k. z.B. F:\Heroes 4.Staffel\heroes-s04e09 ?

und zum anderen. Hab ne Serie von der HDD gelöscht, also ne ganze Staffel. Habe den Serien UpdateManager gestartet und bei Manage auf clear deleted. Aber die Serie steht immer noch drin, wie bekomm ich die da weg ?

1. At the moment the following works best "f:\Heroes\Staffel 4\heroes-s04e09.avi". I'm not sure if your example will be properly recogized at the moment.

2. In myseries manager it will stay listed, since currently it only removes the links to files. As long as you have the setting "Only show available" enabled it wont be shown in myseries itself. In the next myseriesmanager the clear database option will allow you to delete a single series as well.

O.K. many thanks for the replay.

Muss da immer der vollständige Serienname stehen ?`z.B. C:\Stargate Atlantis\Staffel 4\stargateatlantis-s04e10 ? Oder reicht auch sga ? Vllt spielt das ja auch alles keine rolle sonder ist nur wichtig s04e10 ?

Another Question :

Wenn ich die Datenbank um weitere Staffeln erweitere und auf GET FILES gehe, sind ja die wo schon vorhanden sind,ausgewählt soll ich sie abwählen und nur die anwählen die ich neu dazu haben will ? Oder die anderen mit angewählt lassen ?

Einzelne Serien macht man ja über Auto Update.

Ist das eig O.K. wenn sich alle Staffeln und deren Folgen in einem Hauptordner liegen oder ist das auch ein Problem ?

z.B.

C:\Serien\Heroes\...

C:\Serien\Lost\...

C:\Serien\Stargate\...

Edited by D3ltoroxp
O.K. many thanks for the replay.

Muss da immer der vollständige Serienname stehen ?`z.B. C:\Stargate Atlantis\Staffel 4\stargateatlantis-s04e10 ? Oder reicht auch sga ? Vllt spielt das ja auch alles keine rolle sonder ist nur wichtig s04e10 ?

It doesn't matter how the file is named, the name just has to contain the season and episode, e.g. s04e10.

Another Question :

Wenn ich die Datenbank um weitere Staffeln erweitere und auf GET FILES gehe, sind ja die wo schon vorhanden sind,ausgewählt soll ich sie abwählen und nur die anwählen die ich neu dazu haben will ? Oder die anderen mit angewählt lassen ?

Ist das eig O.K. wenn sich alle Staffeln und deren Folgen in einem Hauptordner liegen oder ist das auch ein Problem ?

z.B.

C:\Serien\Heroes\...

C:\Serien\Lost\...

C:\Serien\Stargate\...

You just have to tick the new files, e.g. the files you want to add. You can leave the old files unticked...

I don't know exactly, wether you have to create single folders like "season 01, season 02, etc..." or if it's possible to leave all the files in the same folder like "C:\Serien\Lost\..." but I have them sorted in single folders each.

That definitely works. But to be sure - just try the other way :)

It would be nice if you could continue to write in english, cause this is the english topic for my series and maybe there are a lot people that don't understand german (fortunately amontillado does).

Hope it'll work for you!

Thank you. i know that is the english thread of myseries, but my english is not so good. therefore i write in german, in hope somebody can understand it :-) But i can try to write in english, for all the other users.

Thank you. i know that is the english thread of myseries, but my english is not so good. therefore i write in german, in hope somebody can understand it :-) But i can try to write in english, for all the other users.

You can post your questions in german in the german "myseries thread" - der ist irgendwo im deutschen plugins-Bereich :)

Is it possible to enable an "already seen" marker, like DVBV does with the * char ?

Amontillado said that he already implemented it and it will be available in one of the next updates (some pages ago...)

As sw4y allready explained you only need to tick the ones you dont need (and you can use the "show: Files not in database" in the bottom right of myseries_manager to make that a lot easier).

Btw.. there is no harm in also having the ones you allready have ticked, but its not neseccarry)

Is it possible to enable an "already seen" marker, like DVBV does with the * char ?
Amontillado said that he already implemented it and it will be available in one of the next updates (some pages ago...)

Correct. It will be in the next release wich will be ready in a day or two, just finishing up the conversion to sqlite3.

Edited by amontillado

Any ideas what to check, randomly but very often myMovies+mySeries are just showing empty. Problem has come when I went to Win7(32bit) I think. Usually when I restart DVBV myMovies show all films but mySeries is still empty. Series manager shows all ok. When all is empty, when I try to add folder to paths in myMovies settings, it does nothing, path list stays empty. All of my folders are on local hard drive.

Using latest beta of DVBV and latest myMovies+mySeries.

New version, download: myseries_0.02.20.zip [requires sqlite3, which is included in DVBViewer beta's 4.3.xx]

• Added: You can now remove a single series from the database (previously only the links to files were removed).
  • Added: New episodes can have a preface (like *). You can manually change if the episode was watched or not in the myseries_manager. 1
  • Fix: Some bug in myseries_manager fixed (like saving of image changes).
  • Change: Uses (quite a lot) less memory if "Only show available" is used.

• Changed: Database now Sqlite3. At first start it will convert (can take a very long time). Make sure you backup the db before.

ad1. Only works for newly added episodes, so everything that was allready in the db before this version is considered watched. You can (re)set this value in myseries manager.

Edited by amontillado
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any posibility to start the AutoUpdate out of the OSD? The only thing I found is refresh list, what you need to do if there was an update while DVBViewer is still running.

If the AutoUpdate can not be started from the OSD, would it be possible to integrate this?

Is there any posibility to start the AutoUpdate out of the OSD? The only thing I found is refresh list, what you need to do if there was an update while DVBViewer is still running.

If the AutoUpdate can not be started from the OSD, would it be possible to integrate this?

Next version will include that. Refresh will be replaced by "start autoupdate" and upon entering myseries will check if any changes in the db occured and reload if neccesary.

Hey,

first of all I'd like to say Thank You! :rotfl:

While using MySeries (and MyMovies) during the last week, i've noticed two little bugs.

Even though since 0.01.18 the Filenames should be UTF8, the plugin cannot deal with Paths like "CSI - Den Tätern auf der Spur" - because of the german umlaut (crazy this word exists in english...).

The Path is shown as "... Tätern ...", the Description i've entered is also shown as mention before. Additionally the Path cannot be removed, nor Files can be gathered from the Location.

(EDIT: Just threw a short glance at the .db3. The Path seems to be saved correctly...)

Apart from that, on Windows7 there is no vertical Scrollbar on the right and the Box on the bottom right is cut off.

Nevertheless this is a very great plugin, no use to worry about the sorting of my Series anymore ;)

Edited by chrsch

Even though since 0.01.18 the Filenames should be UTF8, the plugin cannot deal with Paths like "CSI - Den Tätern auf der Spur" - because of the german umlaut (crazy this word exists in english...).

The Path is shown as "... Tätern ...", the Description i've entered is also shown as mention before. Additionally the Path cannot be removed, nor Files can be gathered from the Location.

Apart from that, on Windows7 there is no vertical Scrollbar on the right and the Box on the bottom right is cut off.

1. That should work, I actually have the same series .. also in German (I'm not German, but m wife is ;) ). If you are now using .20 and you were using an older version it coud have gone wrong in the conversion somewhere. Could you try removing the db and download the info again.

2. What vertical scrollbar do you mean and what box (i'm also using win7)

Thanks for the quick answer!

No, i haven't used any version before, just started of with the .20-Version. Es mention in my Edit - the path seems to be saved correctly in the DB, the proper ä is used there.

EDIT (again): I've removed the false entry using the SQLLiteBrowser. After adding the same folder again, it works... strange...

According to 2:

I have no Scrollbar in the Main Window/Table, whatever... ;) - the Part of the Window where the single Files are listed. I can only scroll with my Mouse-Wheel.

But overall it seems to me that the Elements of the Window are a little bit larger that the window itself - at least to the right side. When I resize the Window, all Elemts are resized too, so i can't get the Scrollbars to appear.

Edited by chrsch