MySeries - TV Series info OSD Plugin

amontillado

Hello, I use mediacenter master, can I use for myseries? It's not working for me. (I cannot add Series in my movies and I don't know how to add to myseries...) Any body to help me?

You can change all image in the myseries manager..... except for the season :rolleyes:

But for me it's also impossible to change the season images ... :(

Could someone help me with a step-by-step-instruction how to change a season image?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by GBWebmaster

New version

• Fix: Episode image in thumbview loaded properly.
    • Fix: Season posters weren't always shown with a default language <> en.
    • Fix: Download of series details could fail (TVDB server didnt allow POST method anymore).
    • Fix: Menufocus images not always shown
    • Changed: Autoupdate method changed, now looks for files with no episode info instead of new files.
    • Changed: OSD Yellow now means Go Back to Previous (Used to be Show info, that can still be loaded from the options menu).
    • Added: Support for Dynamic WIndowBackdrop (>4.3.100), tag is '#myseries_backdrop'

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like I have a little problem...

I am using RC2 with latest beta of RS. This is a virgin installation.

When I start the series manager I can add a series and I can download the images (they are stored C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\Images\MySeries\...\).

When I click on save images - only the 1st progess bar goes to 100% - that's all.

I can't manage a series because nothing is in the db - the myseries.db3 is empty (0kb) - Doesn't that plugin work with RC2?

Also the imagepath and language else the tics to download wide sesasons picture, ... - the information isn't set when I restart

the manage app.

Inti31

Edited by Inti31
c:\program files (x86)\DVBViewer\sqlite3.dll
This is the problem. Never put files that are changed by a programme in c:\program files (x86).

It will only work because of the VirtualStore real write access is in c:\program files (x86) not possible for a normal Programme.

...that means when using W7/Vista as OS I have to install DVBV NOT in the recommendend path is automatically set during the install process ?

(=c:\program files (x86)\DVBViewer)

I am sure it worked before with the older version of DVBV - but I will give it a try in the evening.

Is that the only way to fix that problem without re-installing DVBV into another path?

Edited by Inti31
...that means when using W7/Vista as OS I have to install DVBV NOT in the recommendend path is automatically set during the install process ?

(=c:\program files (x86)\DVBViewer)

No, it is OK to install the DVBViewer in c:\program files (x86)\DVBViewer.

But all files which are changed by the DVBViewer or a Plugin should be in the Configuration folder

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Configuration_folder

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Multiuser_mode

I am sure it worked before with the older version of DVBV - but I will give it a try in the evening.
The DVBViewer 4.5 prevent windows from using the virtual store. Because this can cause other problems.

Add: Added a new manifest to prevent windows from using the virtual store for the configuration data of the DVBViewer Pro and it's plugins.

Hey there,

I've got a question regarding the myseries options in DVBViewer. The readme says "XML: Select the osd xml you wish to use (a restart of DVBViewer is required)".

Does this mean I have to indicate the "myseries.xml" corresponding to the osd skin I am using here? So e.g. "C:\ProgrammFiles(x86\DVBViewer\OSDSkins\Concinnity-3D\myseries.xml"? Or can I leave this setting blank?

Thanks!

Hey there,

I've got a question regarding the myseries options in DVBViewer. The readme says "XML: Select the osd xml you wish to use (a restart of DVBViewer is required)".

Does this mean I have to indicate the "myseries.xml" corresponding to the osd skin I am using here? So e.g. "C:\ProgrammFiles(x86\DVBViewer\OSDSkins\Concinnity-3D\myseries.xml"? Or can I leave this setting blank?

Thanks!

You can leave it blank, it will default to 'myseries.xml'

Its actually a more or less obsolote option, I only added it for myself to test several different xmls without having to rename them all the time

Edited by amontillado

Okay, thanks for your help.

Another question: I can't find the tv series "Türkisch für Anfänger" via the myseries manager. However the series can be found on thetvdb.com. Is it possible that the plugin has problems with umlauts? How can I download the data to such series?

just info:

I've done a full installation with the final release of dvbv to "C:\Software").

MySeries works fine now.

Thanks for the answers,

cheers,

Inti31

Edited by Inti31

just info:

I've done a full installation with the final release of dvbv to "C:\Software").

MySeries works fine now.

Thanks for the answers,

cheers,

Inti31

Nice to hear that it works again.

Okay, thanks for your help.

Another question: I can't find the tv series "Türkisch für Anfänger" via the myseries manager. However the series can be found on thetvdb.com. Is it possible that the plugin has problems with umlauts? How can I download the data to such series?

Please try this: http://www.amontillado.nl/myseries/MySeries_Manager.exe.

I could replicate it and the new version seems to work for me. Strange though that nobody reported it earlier since I know there are other Germans using the plugin

Okay thanks. One (hopefully) last question: After testing the myseries manager on a single season, I tried to use the programm on the main folder of all tv recordings (almost 3000 files). "Get files" is done within seconds. But Step 2 takes two hours already. That's not normal, is it? I was kind of irritated by the fact that the manager is reported "not responding" even when faced with a small amount of files, but after a while it gets the job done. However it now seems overstrained with the task. How long should it normally take? (25Mbit internet connection, Core i3 HTPC).

Hello amontillado,

How do I get deleted series from your tool myseries manager.The series are deleted, In the tool I press the the clear deleted button, but they are still in there under the tab management.How can there to maintain order and remove the deleted series?

clear deleted only clears the 'filename' fields in the database, not the actually series. You can delete a series from the database with the clear database option (either only the selected series, or the entire database)

Hey amontillado,

as I've read, you've been very quick to implement the indication of unseen episodes with a star at the beginning of the episode name (just like DVBViewer itself does). However, I've already seen most of the episodes I am about to implement into the myseries database. Can I somehow deactivate the "unseen" indicator for those episodes? I am thinking of a check box named e.g. "already seen" within the myseries manager. I guess this would be a beneficial feature for many dvbv users. ;)

Okay thanks. One (hopefully) last question: After testing the myseries manager on a single season, I tried to use the programm on the main folder of all tv recordings (almost 3000 files). "Get files" is done within seconds. But Step 2 takes two hours already. That's not normal, is it? I was kind of irritated by the fact that the manager is reported "not responding" even when faced with a small amount of files, but after a while it gets the job done. However it now seems overstrained with the task. How long should it normally take? (25Mbit internet connection, Core i3 HTPC).

It can take a very long time that is 'normal'. That is shows as non responding is simply because i'm to lazy to put the downloading in a seperate thread. Just wait.. it will finish.

Hey amontillado,

as I've read, you've been very quick to implement the indication of unseen episodes with a star at the beginning of the episode name (just like DVBViewer itself does). However, I've already seen most of the episodes I am about to implement into the myseries database. Can I somehow deactivate the "unseen" indicator for those episodes? I am thinking of a check box named e.g. "already seen" within the myseries manager. I guess this would be a beneficial feature for many dvbv users. ;)

You can set the wachted tag in the myseries manager, goto manage series, select the episode and then on the episode tab you can select the tag.

Hit "clear database" and you will be prompted whether you want to clear ALL or just the selected entries.

@amontillado: The manager problems with umlauts seem to be more far-reaching than anticipated. When I add episodes of a series with a name that contains umlauts (e.g. FlashForward - S01E13 - Duell der Väter), the database gets corrupted somehow. The episode is listed "manage series -> FlashForward -> Season 1" But without a name (just "13 -") and no video file is linked to the entry (file name contains the umlaut aswell). However, I am also unable to manually link the video file, since nothing happens when hitting the "..." button. Although the video files are not linked to a db entry, they are no longer found as new files with "get files".

Another problem I have, is that the episodes of "Castle" are not added to the db aswell. Here both the above mentioned issue and another problem occur (therefore I uploaded a screenshot, see below). I search the hard drive via "get files", and the Castle episodes are listed with the info "Multiple matches were found" (probably because there is another series named exactly the same. I am talking about the crime series, of course). I specify the series and run them through steps 2&3. Then the series is listed in the db but not a single episode is linked. The "get files" button lists the entire series again, as though it were the first time. But even a second run does not fix the problem. I already tried deleting the db entry of "Castle" and downloading it from scratch, but no change there...

thumb_castle_db.png

You can see that episode names 1 and 4 are not listed on the left. Not one episode of "Castle" contains the link to the video file, although multiple runs through steps 1 to 3 have already been tried.

UPDATE: Okay, I just took a closer look at the problem. The myseries manager seems to get confused somehow with either episode names (as downloaded from thetvdb.com) or file names (as saved on the hard drive) with umlauts. Therefore the listing under "manage series" is mixed up and some information there is just nonsense: some problematic episodes have no video file linked to them (all according to "manage series"), others are linked to completely different files. One example: for one prison break episode the myseries manager displays the episode information (incl. file path and episode name) of a "two and a half men" episode.

BUT: Somehow myseries works just fine, when i access it via the osd menu of DVBViewer. All episodes are listed (even the ones with allegedly no linked video file) and they play just fine.

With the EXCEPTION of Castle. Don't know what's so different about this series. Maybe because the very first episode name contains umlauts?!? Myseries manager downloads the series information and implemets it into the db, but no video file is being linked and the series is invisible via the osd menu.

BTW: I already applied your fixed Myseries Manager executable. However it didnt change anything, as far as I can tell. I am still unable to find the tv series "türkisch für anfänger".

Edited by 12die4
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, amontillado! Anything new on the above mentioned problems?

I noticed another odd behaviour yesterday. Somehow two settings in the dvbv options were reseted, although I didn't come near them: The "add all episodes to playlist" tag was active and the myseries menu appeared back in home menu, although I set it to appear in htpc menu. Any ideas why that occured?

I haven't had time to look into it yet.

But I have myself also seen some weird behaviour since I upgraded to the latest DVBViewer & RS on my win7 system.

What are you running on, windows version, DVBViewer / rs version?

Hi, thanks for the great work. I tried it out. The episode names are now correctly displayed. Furthermore, I was able to add "Türkisch für Anfänger" to my database. Works perfectly now.

The only thing, that didn't change is the fact that the myseries manager keeps finding the episodes of "Castle" season 1 as new files again and again. Before trying it out I deleted the old database entry of "Castle". Season 2 was added correctly. That's no biggy, cause I can add the file path via "manage series", but the files still keep popping up in the other dialogue.

Hi amontillado,

there is a possibility, if two episodes are in a file, rename this as the example also shows the myseries S05E21+22?

Edited by D3ltoroxp

Hello Community,

I have also a problem with the plugin. It's a mystery to me, why the myseries-plugin don't find Criminal Minds in the database. Is it possible to enter the series-ID from the page "thetvdb.com" in a special field?

GBWebmaster

@D3ltoroxp: I got the same problem. But I'm not sure if there is an easy solution. MySeries is somehow depending on the information of thetvdb.com. If the site delivers data on two separate episodes, how do you combine this information in the OSD of DVBViewer?

Some similar problems:

Lost: Season 1 ends with a triple episode "exodus" (25 episodes total) (see http://www.serienjunkies.de/Lost/season1.html), but thetvdb.com lists only two of the three parts: http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=73739&seasonid=6345&lid=14 (only 24 episodes)

Prison Break: The series finale "The Old Ball and Chain" and "Free" are missing in thetvdb.com (http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=75340&seasonid=32071&lid=14). Compare to http://www.serienjunkies.de/PrisonBreak/season4.html

There are also some double episodes that were broadcasted individually but which are listet as a single episode in thetvdb.com.

Hi amontillado,

there is a possibility, if two episodes are in a file, rename this as the example also shows the myseries S05E21+22?

At the moment no. I could do something similar as with the series, there you can fill in a Displayname which is used in the OSD instead of the Actual series name according to tvdb. Maybe, I'll implement it one day.

And.. you can offcourse go to the source of the info. The tvdb.com and change it there.

Hello Community,

I have also a problem with the plugin. It's a mystery to me, why the myseries-plugin don't find Criminal Minds in the database. Is it possible to enter the series-ID from the page "thetvdb.com" in a special field?

GBWebmaster

I have no problem here with criminal minds, did you try to search for the series by double click on the file and manually change the series name ?

Edited by amontillado
I have no problem here with criminal minds, did you try to search for the series by double click on the file and manually change the series name ?

Thank you for the tip, now it works ... :biggrin:

some more info is required, mystery error messages don't really say that much.

so ...

- when does it happen

- what versions (DVBViewer & myseries)

- etc etc

sorry but in this way I can't help you.. you need to be more specific.

- Does it happen when you start the myseries_manager, when you look for files.. etc

- How do you start myseries_manager

- Where is it located

- What are the settings

etc etc.

Since I don't have my magic Glass Ball anymore i Really need info like that

Hi,

same Problem as bohem. I was trying to skin myseries for VDR Retro and there are no data in the OSD. Tried a few other skins too, same problem. No data.

Not sure if the plugin uses Datamanger.Value's, but there are none in the DVB Spy.

Edited by mague

Ok, found the problem.

I marked a series as season 1. The manager created an empty season 0.

If "Only show available" is checkmarked, the OSD doesnt show data, since there is a season 0 without movies.