Cannot render mediafile/output pin, error: 0x80040218

Al Grant

Hi peoples,

I have brought DVBViewer Pro and downloaded it. It find all the channels and seems to install ok but then I get a error message about:

"Cannot render mediafile/output pin, error: 0x80040218 - no combination of filters could be found to render the stream"

But then if I wait long enough a image does come up???

What does this mean - more importantly how do i fix it please?

Cheers

-AL

support.zip

Edited by Al Grant
"Cannot render mediafile/output pin, error: 0x80040218 - no combination of filters could be found to render the stream"

Hi Al

This sounds similar to a problem I had, (not the same), my suggestion is you need to install some (more) CODECS.

You can check what codecs DVBViewer knows about by going to "settings" "options" "directX" and check the dropdown menu's on both video and audio tabs to see the codecs that it has found.

A useful utility is "G-Spot" (i think I saw it in the members down load area) if not google for it.

G-spot tells you what is on your system and tell you what is needed to play files with.

Google for K-lite codec pack (check for virus's)

Chris

Edited by CellZapper

It's not a good idea to install a codec pack.

Cyberlink should work fine.

When do you get this error exactly?

As soon when DVBViewer starts or when you select a encrypted channel or even with the FTA channels?

hmm you het video if you wait some time?

This might be hardware related.

Are you using DVBViewer as HTPC, then go to HTPCHome, select Info and look for discontinious data loss or too low bitrate.

Edited by Benarty

As soon when DVBViewer starts or when you select a encrypted channel or even with the FTA channels?

Are you using DVBViewer as HTPC, then go to HTPCHome, select Info and look for discontinious data loss or too low bitrate.

I have got a Corei7 2.Ghz with 2Gb DDR3 ram. The video Card is a old Nvidia 6600 (but hey it ran DVBViewer on my old system.

-Al

So should DVBViewer work out of the box? No extra software required?

Here is some scrren shot images....

post-83415-1246312396_thumb.jpg

post-83415-1246312408_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
should DVBViewer work out of the box? No extra software required?

Yes, if you have suitable codecs already installed it should work out of the box, so there is some sw combination that go wrong in your PC...

You can try to (in this order):

• use FFDshow as VideoCodec (but you have to configure it correctly...) and Overlay as Renderer (make sure you are configuring the right video output, there are two, A and B...)

• update/change video card driver

• (re)apply the last DirectX 9 pach

Try also to open a DVD or a MPEG file (you can also drag-and-drop it in DVBViever's window) and post the results...

o:)

Yes, if you have suitable codecs already installed it should work out of the box, so there is some sw combination that go wrong in your PC...

• use FFDshow as VideoCodec (but you have to configure it correctly...) and Overlay as Renderer (make sure you are configuring the right video output, there are two, A and B...)

Try also to open a DVD or a MPEG file (you can also drag-and-drop it in DVBViever's window) and post the results...

o:)

Plays a DVD fine.

After getting the errors i have been talking about I do eventually get a picture but no sound.

I have installed the directx runtimes you gave me but that did not fix it.

Edited by Al Grant

;)

Please do you have any other suggestions. I am still getting the error although the video does show up eventually.

I have no sound either!!

Cheers

-Al

I'm trying it...

I noticed that your Pinnacle Nano Stick driver are v. 3.11.0.0 (11/08/2007), while the last Pinnacle drivers are v. 5.40, but from march 2009 Pinnacle PCTV product line has been sold to "Hauppauge Digital" (http://www.pctvsystems.com) witch you have to refer for support, so go to their > support page < and download and install the latest drivers for your stick...

Remember also to redo a hardware scan in DVBViewer! (look in "Settings / Options / Hardware")

Let's us know!

;)

Edited by Gioxy
I'm trying it...

I noticed that your Pinnacle Nano Stick driver are v. 3.11.0.0 (11/08/2007), while the last Pinnacle drivers are v. 5.40, but from march 2009 Pinnacle PCTV product line has been sold to "Hauppauge Digital" (http://www.pctvsystems.com) witch you have to refer for support, so go to their > support page < and download and install the latest drivers for your stick...

Remember also to redo a hardware scan in DVBViewer! (look in "Settings / Options / Hardware")

Let's us know!

;)

That was a good idea but didnt help.

I am going to chuck a spare hdd in today and do a fresh install of XP and then would anything else installed (except drivers) will try DVBViewer.

Should i need to install anything else?

;)

Should i need to install anything else?
At least one MPEG2 Decoder, of course!

I can suggest, as a first step, to install only FFDShow, the last DirectX patch, restart and try DVBViewer with it...

Good luck!

;)

At least one MPEG2 Decoder, of course!

I can suggest, as a first step, to install only FFDShow, the last DirectX patch, restart and try DVBViewer with it...

Good luck!

;)

What MPEG2 decoder is best? The Nvidia one or Intervideo? What?

I installed a clean install of XP with only drivers installed (incl latest PCTV one) and installed DVBViewer newsest version.

I got the same error message and when I looked at DirectX it showed "System Default" for both, and the drop down box was greyed out - I guess because I didnt have a MPEG2 decoder installed?

Will reboot into this system and try ffdshow only.

Get back to you,

Thanks

-Al

What MPEG2 decoder is best?
Who can know? What car is best? It's the same question: it's depend on many other factor!

(BTW the most apreciated seems to be the Cyberlink, but the last versions aren't usable with other sw than PowerDVD itself...)

I guess because I didnt have a MPEG2 decoder installed?
...you guessed right...

;)

Who can know? What car is best? It's the same question: it's depend on many other factor!

(BTW the most apreciated seems to be the Cyberlink, but the last versions aren't usable with other sw than PowerDVD itself...)

...you guessed right...

;)

Ok on my computer with the freshly installed XP I booted up and installed the trial of InterVideo WinDVD. I still get the original error.

Now I am really running out of ideas!!!!!!

What about you?

Ok on my computer with the freshly installed XP I booted up and installed the trial of InterVideo WinDVD. I still get the original error.

Now I am really running out of ideas!!!!!!

What about you?

what trial of IntervideoDVD?, there are many versions of this and the latest ones dont work with other programs.

PeterF

what trial of IntervideoDVD?, there are many versions of this and the latest ones dont work with other programs.

PeterF

Umm, I am at work now so I will have to wait till I get home to have a look. Whats the best package to download - most of them have a trial of some sort so if I get one that works I will buy it.

Did I read somewhere here that WinDVD is meant to be very compatiable with DVBViewer?

-Al

PS: Would it help to post a support log on the clean install PC?

Whats the best package to download
IMHO the #1 freeware is FFDShow, it work great with all video formats...

Would it help to post a support log on the clean install PC?

Sure it help...

;)

IMHO the #1 freeware is FFDShow, it work great with all video formats...

Sure it help...

;)

Here ya go. This is the support from a clean install of XP+drivers+FFDshow+Corel WinDVD 9. Nothing else on system:

support.zip

Just wanted to let everybody know it got solved. I needed to install libfaad filter (on this site) and the libfaad.dll (you can get from various sites).

Its all to do with the fact that apparently DVB-T is transmitted in some unusual formats here in NZ.

After installing those two files it now runs nicely.

Thanks to all who took the time to reply.

Regards

-Al

PS: Is there a easy way to change channels, or assign a keyboard number to a channel like "C4" to 4?

Thanks

-Al

it got solved
Glad to hear! ;)

Is there a easy way to change channels, or assign a keyboard number to a channel like "C4" to 4?
The easiest way is by mean of Favourite List: build it up in the sequence you want... then change, in "Settings / Options / Input" the use of the key number or set the tweak "UseFav" (you find it all in "Tweaks.txt" file in the DVBViewer main folder) and here you are...

;)

• 6 months later...

Same problem here. This is a common issue here in Brazil. The image appears but with no sound, I alread tried to install the libfaad filter and nothing. Everytime I reinstall my system this happens, I'm tired of it.

What do I have to do?

dvb.png

53560963.png

53282132.png

support.zip

Edited by Lucas Macedo
would you like to play TS files or which kind?

if TS, select in Options -> DirectX -> "Use DVBViewer Filter for" TS/M2TS

Ok, i changed that. But i'm trying to lisen to the TV audio.