New RadLight version

Guest DAvenger

Guest DAvenger

Nightly build #7 has been released. This release is dedicated to Christian "bierfink" Hackbart :wub: Happy birthday cake.gif

pre-beta (nightly build - #7)

• Unicode hints (internal)
  • Autosize added to column property
  • Multimedia keyboard support (Stop, Play/Pause, Next, Prev)
  • Hint for Tray icon added (ala Expression)
  • Media info plugins expanded and fixed small bugs
  • File dropping optimized and improved
  • Fileinfo form added with tagging feature (MPEG) // not completed yet
  • Samplerate label si now updated (limited)
  • Bitrate label is now updated (limited)
  • Meta data objects totaly rewriten
  • FLAC file info
  • TwinVQ file info
  • ID3Tagv2 frame recogantion expadned
  • Crossfade disabled on video media
  • Play button now plays the playlist selected item if nothing opened
  • Mute bug fixed
  • Open subtitles stuff removed
  • Stop after current works fine

Download "RadLight 4 pre-beta 1 build 7"

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DAvenger

Yet another build has been released.

pre-beta (build - #8)

• New playlist engine
  • Playlist inherits onkeydown
  • Playlist tabs scroll buttons added
  • Tabs now support Dropping (OLE) later also draging
  • Labels now support unicode
  • APE tag unicode bug fixed
  • Multimoving snapped window added
  • OptimFROG media loader + DirectShow filter
  • Extenension info improved
  • Incremental search bug fixed
  • Button added to show/hide playlist columns
  • Media info objects modified to work with Fileinfo form and for editing
  • Auto sizing/showhide bug fixed
  • Media info items are better formated now
  • Customize and autosize menu item added to popup menu in playlist columns popup
  • Sorting tree bug fixed
  • Priority for tags changed to better output style
  • Splash screen added
  • Playlist file types (m3u)
  • Playlist popup
  • Log on/off switch

Download "RadLight 4 pre-beta 1 build 8"

Mirror 1

Guest hackbart

nice player - especially the playlist.

I hope someone will create a much more simple skin (e.g. like winamp 3) for it.

Christian

Guest Michael
nice player - especially the playlist.

I hope someone will create a much more simple skin (e.g. like winamp 3) for it.

Christian

yeah, that's the same thing i am waiting for :wub:

Guest Oliver

When are you going to enable setting the aspect ratio? I have lots of AVI files, some of them with resolutions of 480 * 576. Since AVI contains no header information concerning the aspect ratio I can't use the pre-betas for watching. There should be 4:3, 16:9 and 21:9.

Bye, Oliver

Aspect Ratios are implemented, but not enabled at the moment. In the next release there should be quite good aspect ratio support...

Guest hackbart

yep, also keep those nasty mpeg2 aspect ratios in mind. Somehow the mediaplayer is struggling about the resolutions :wub:

Christian

Guest Oliver

Hm, I think the BSPlayer features the most comfortable handling of aspect ratios - even custom made - yet.

@DAvenger: Stay thy wrath! :wub:

Bye, Oliver

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DAvenger

Build 10 of the RadLight 4 multimedia player is out. This is last version before the long awaited BETA release. We would like to focus on fixing all of the bugs (there is a lot of them) and doing some code clean & speed ups. Unfortunatelly, this will be a really tough job so you are gonna have to wait few weeks before we complete it.

pre-beta 1 (build - 10)

• Added RadLight Vorbis DirectShow Filter 1.0.0.0
  • Queue and Play
  • Playlist customization form added
  • Tabs actions + hints
  • Brand new playback module
  • Dynamic playlist
  • Brand new playlist component
  • Aspect ratios (w/touch from outside)

Download using Bittorrent (Learn how)

Download "RadLight 4 pre-beta 1 build 10" (HTTP)

Guest DAvenger
I've just had a short look at it, I like the aspect ratio control!

Cool ;)

It's still very simple, though. Custom aspect ratios will be added later, I guess.

I also found the time to check out the new RadLight and I am really impressed. Great sound, great skin and great functions. The smooth roll-over effects and the cross-fading effects are really cool. Two thumbs up.

Guest Oliver

I've just noticed that the aspect ratio setting doesn't work with XViD files, although there are no problems with MPEG and DivX. I was also not able to add an MPEG2-PS file with the extension ".m2p" to the playlist via drag'n'drop. To be true, I wasn't able to play it at all. There was no problem after I renamed it to ".mpg".

Bye, Oliver

The reason is ffdshow filter (or some other decoder) which outputs video data with VIDEOINFOHEADER2 format that has aspect ratio support directly inside.

VMR renderers accept this information ... you would either need to disable the VIH2 output in the ffdshow settings or select XviD Decoder instead... :)

Guest Oliver

I am using the original XViD MPEG4 decoder, but I have the same problem when using the DivX 5.11 decoder for XViD files. BTW: I was wrong before, I have problems with DivX, too. But this shouldn't be a problem of the decoder. I can set every aspect ratio with all MPEG4-files with the DVBViewer or BSPlayer, no matter the decoder being used. It's also independent of overlay, VMR or plain video renderer.

Bye, Oliver

Guest DAvenger

.m2p ... go to Shell property page, right click on the list and select "Add new", then F2 and type "mp2". The opendialog filter should be updated now :)

@Oliver & DAvenger

With NVidia filters I haven't any XviD-"aspect ratio modification" problem... fully functional :)

If you intended "aspect ratio detection" instead, then I have too... DVBViever is more reliant in detecting the correct AR... or maybe it is too "lazy" for change from 3/4 :)

Cheers

Gioxy

Guest Oliver
With NVidia filters I haven't any XviD-"aspect ratio modification" problem... fully functional

What does the NVIDIA decoder have to do with MPEG4 playback? Maybe you confused something...

Bye, Oliver

Guest DAvenger

You can select preferred filters & source/splitter in the Playback property page (ALT+P). I don't think it has something to do with Oliver's problem but just in case it has :)

post-8-1083226212_thumb.png

Guest Oliver

Okay, here is something to despair about for Radscorpion:

Setting the aspect ratio for MPEG4 works perfectly when using the ffdshow decoder. The problems only occur with the original DivX/XViD decoders.

Bye, Oliver

GULP! :) Sorry for the unforgivable mistake, but I was posting at work, a little hurried... :)

But I can confirm that with "original" XViD decoder I haven't any aspect ratio problem...

So I think that probably is the XViD decoder version (or maybe the building, Koepi/Iago/Nic etc...) that make the difference: I belive I'm using the Koepi's Xvid (24-06-2003) ver., the only that I found very reliable until now (but I haven't tested yet the last Koepi's build, XviD-1.0-RC4-05042004).

Cheers

Gioxy

Guest Oliver

I'm using the latest DivX 5.11 Pro decoder and Koepi's XViD "Hola!" 1.0-RC4-05042004.

@Gioxy: "Hola!" works perfectly for me, I never encountered any problems.

Bye, Oliver

@Oliver: ...except in changing aspect ratio with RadLight! :)

Ok ok, I'm sorry for the acid humor; I hope I find the time to test Hola! in this week-end...

BTW: here there was a XviD 1.0 conversion setting's guide...

Cheers

Gioxy

Guest Oliver

The problem still occurs. I've made some screenshots. The film has an aspect ratio of 4:3, I've used the latest XViD ("Hola!"). In Radlight I've selected the aspect ratio "free" for better illustration. I believe you can see the problem now.

Bye, Oliver

Hummm... :bye:

...having installed Hola! I have the same Oliver's problem...

...and the decoder isn't compatible with my "old" Xvid"...

...also recording in Xvid on-the-fly with SkyView doesn't work anymore...

...but I was able to compress correctly a long film: with the old one I get huge A/V async...

(BTW, it was the last Nic one's, marked 16/07/03, the ones the guide I mentioned refers, and not Koepi's one.... another shameful mistake ;))

Perhaps I will return on my step... :bye:

Cheers

Gioxy

I installed the official DivX 5.11 Boundle (I mean the free version...) and I confirm that if I had set "Keep Original" it can't automatically detect the correct format (3/4); conversely, if I set "3/4", it goes fine with DivX & XviD... but I had "strange" aspect ratio with some MPG file: maybe is because they are 480x576, 528x576 and 544x576??? (BTW, they also look like it where "zoomed out" of about 50%)...

...maybe we can stop the world until Radscorpion resolve this... :bye::bye:

Cheers

Gioxy

Edited by Gioxy