Problem with SYMBOL RATES

rapper

I am having a problem whith SYMBOL RATES. I decided to point my dish to Eutelsat W2, and in that case I put a known transponder in SETUP4PC. Now I turned the dish and got a percentage of 56%, enough.

When I started DVBViewer TE to scan for channels, the scanner gave me only 5 encrypted channels of that transponder and nothing else :)

When I scanned for channels in ProgDVB I also got the 5 channels plus 1 FTA. Same in DVB Portal.

Really I don't know what the problem could be :huh: . The eutelsat w2 has transponders whith very low SYMBOL RATES. The transonder that gave me the channels had this SR: 16.000 kS/s. Frequency: 11.449 Mhz, H

My system:

Pentium III (1Ghz)

256 Mb Ram

SS2 new version, drivers version: 4.28

I am using no switches, and the cable goes directly from the LNB to the SS2.

Please HELP me, because this problem is driving me mad

Albanian channels:

KLAN SAT (encrypted)

SHIJAK TV (encrypted)

TELESPORT (encrypted)

TELE ARBERIA(encrypted)

KANAL SHQIP (encrypted)

TOP-CHANNEL (FTA) only in ProgDVB and DVB Portal

Only these channels :)

..referring to you 1st posting. Your problem  has absolutely nothing to do with the symbol rate. If you can get a single channel then the tuner has locked.

LOCKED :huh:

what do you mean? :)

locked means that the tuner is receiving the signal and sends the stream to the rest of the card. If you can receive a single program from that stream you should be able to get all programs. If one is missing - provided it's in the stream - the software is to blame.

locked means that the tuner is receiving the signal and sends the stream to the rest of the card. If you can receive a single program from that stream you should be able to get all programs. If one is missing - provided it's in the stream - the software is to blame.

I don't think it's the software, because I tried 3 different software and they all gave me the same :)

I only got that transponder, all the other transonders they did seem to get 0% signal :huh:

KLAN SAT (encrypted)

SHIJAK TV (encrypted)

TELESPORT (encrypted)

TELE ARBERIA(encrypted)

KANAL SHQIP (encrypted)

There is no way to recive encrypted channels with SS2. Thats the reason, that no people will answer you.
There is no way to recive encrypted channels with SS2. Thats the reason, that no people will answer you.

@Klausing: he only enumerated the channels that were found by the scanner, so I think it's ok.

@rapper: DVB software and the hardware too waits a certain time for the SS2 tuner to lock on a frequency, until it gives up. This *may* cause problems on transponders with low symbol rates, since they deliver the data more slowly. Unfortunately I can't receive those transponders, so I can't check it... but there is one thing you can try. It's a bit tricky, so you have to do it very carefully:

Open RegEdit and go to the registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM

Now use the RegEdit search function to find the subkey "UserTunerParams". The path to this subkey may look like this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}\0008\UserTunerParams

In this key you'll find an REG_SZ entry named "nTunerWaitLockTimeMs" with a default value of 400 ms - it's one of the hardware/driver settings of the SS2. You can try to change it to e.g. 800. After this, you must restart the PC for the new value to take effect. As Derrick reported, increasing this value may help to receive 'difficult' channels.

Please note: Messing around with this part of the registry is very delicate, since it contains the hardware/driver settings of your system. Doing something wrong here may cause severe problems. So better set a system restore point, before applying changes, or backup your registry.

Something more: If you use the latest version of DVBPortal, you can change some of the timeout values of the TransEdit scanner in its Settings Window, e.g. the software tunerlock timeout. Increasing these values may help too - please read the TransEdit ReadMe provided by Crypto.

Griga

which video decoder do you use?

Well, it depends... on Monday I usually start with Elecard and switch over to DVD Express on Tuesday. On Wednesday I prefer Intervideo. Cyberlink is good for Thursday... and so on. :bye:

Since I develop software and do a lot of testing, I actually use various decoders. For just watching TV I'd prefer Intervideo or NVidia - both support hardware acceleration, show good deinterlacing capabilities and work quite well with my Geforce MX 440. Unfortunately there is no spare time for just watching TV, due to all this DVB programming... :)

Griga

Edited by Griga

@rapper, there can be many reasons for not receiving more channels on 16E

a) your dish is too small

:) your not using all the parameters neeeded for a successfull scan.

check the footprints on lyngsat.com (or other sites :bye: )

you need the frequency AND the symbol rate for a scan. With the old SS2 tuner auto-sr was possible but with the new versions you have to add the sr as well. (these data can be found e.g. on lyngsat)

@rapper, there can be many reasons for not receiving more channels on 16E

a) your dish is too small

B) your not using all the parameters neeeded for a successfull scan.

check the footprints on lyngsat.com (or other sites ;) )

you need the frequency AND the symbol rate for a scan. With the old SS2 tuner auto-sr was possible but with the new versions you have to add the sr as well. (these data can be found e.g. on lyngsat)

My DISH is 2 m :bye::wub:

NO PROBLEM thanks to GRIGA :)