Hauppauge 930C USB tuner

quag

Hello,

I am having troubles with this stick. It seems to scan pretty ok the QAM64 channels and I was able to view them. Most of the channels are on QAM128 and this product didn't seem to be able to scan them. I have a working channel list also on my other computer and there the QAM128 are already existing. However, with this Hauppauge product those scannels didn't open up.

Are there people here using this product without problems with QAM128 channels? I am wondering that is it something with the compatibility DVBViewer and this Hauppauge 930C. Or is my unit broken (just bought it). Or is it just me..

Tried DVBViewer 4.1.1.1 and also older 4.0.0.0

Driver for the product is the newest (only one at hauppauge web site) one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've experienced the same problem. I sent a very detailed and lengthy explanation/bug report via e-mail to Hauppauge support some months ago, but they haven't bothered to answer. My basic conclusion was that the qam256 muxes worked, but qam128 ones didn't. They didn't even work with WinTV6 software, so it was clearly a driver issue.

However, I managed to fix it partially myself. I downloaded the Cinergy HTC USB XS HD drivers from http://www.terratec.net/en/driver-and-supp...20USB%20XS%20HD . The stick has the same chipset as 930C. With the Terratec drivers I was able to get the qam128 working, however, I noticed that the qam256 channels didn't work, but this didn't matter to me.

Unfortunaly I did the installation months ago, so I don't remember exactly how I installed the drivers. You have to unzip the drivers, and edit the Cinergy_HTC_USB_XS.inf file from the folder of your OS version. Search for USB\VID_0CCD&PID_008E from the inf file, and replace it with USB\VID_2040&PID_1605 if that is the id of your card. You can check it from Device Manager -> Hauppauge930C -> Properties -> Details. After that, I think I used the "Have Disk" method of installing the drivers.

Hope this helps, If you have any questions I'll try to help you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you so much for this reply with the Hauppauge 930C

Sad to hear that Hauppage has ignored this problem. This is really a kind of major problem in some countries making the product pretty much useless and this kind of problem should not be ignored by the manufacturer :blush:.

So, after that tweaking of yours you were able to view QAM128 channels with DVBViewer, right? What about the Hauppauges own software? Does it successfully show the QAM128 channels with the Terratec driver?

So, after that tweaking of yours you were able to view QAM128 channels with DVBViewer, right? What about the Hauppauges own software? Does it successfully show the QAM128 channels with the Terratec driver?

Hi,

I didn't check with WinTV6 at all after installing the Terratec drivers. I think I uninstalled all Hauppauge crap before trying the Terratec driver just in case. But I assume it won't work, WinTV propably won't find the tuner. WinTV really doesn't matter to me cause all I need is DVBViewer support, but I guess it could be used to tune radio or analog tv.

BTW I noticed that WinTV7 is now supposed to support 930C too, but the installation files seem to contain the same 26322 driver version :-(

But anyway, I suggest using the method above, if all you need is to get qam128 working for DVBViewer. You won't lose much trying.

Well I decided to include my mail which I sent to Hauppauge support. As you can see I spent considerable time working out with the problem and writing the message. Too bad Hauppauge didn't appreciate my effort, didn't reply to me or update their drivers. After all, the chipset supplier has a working driver because Terratec has it, Hauppauge just haven't bothered to update theirs.

It should be noted that I wrote the message before I though about fixing the .inf file and using the Terratec driver.

Well here's the mail, perhaps someone like DVBViewer authors have contacts in Hauppauge support and can forward this message to someone who would actually care about this issue.

I bought a WinTV-HVR 930c ((16009 LF Rev B1F0 4808) but I'm

having difficulties to get it working in cable network here in

Finland. The tuner itself seems to be working as I can watch DVB-T

broadcast, but I want to use the tuner as a DVB-C tuner. I have tried

the tuner with both the WinTV6 and 3rd party applications (DVBViewer).

Let me assure you I've got plenty of previous experience of DVB

devices from Technotrend, Anysee, Terratec and Twinhan.

I have tried to use the tuner with 2 different computers in different

cable networks (DNA in Oulu and Sonera in Kemi). Both computers are

with 32bit XP operating system.I have tried both the 26269 driver

version from the 4.8 full software package, and driver 26322 available

separately. Apparently the 26322 doesn't work at all with 32bit xp,

because it always makes the system crash.

26269 drivers work partially - for example, in the Oulu network there

are only 3 multiplexes (total number of muxes is 13) I can scan with

Transedit software (DVBViewer accessory). The thing with the 3 muxes

in common is that they are transmitted with QAM256 modulation.

However, rest of the channels do not work at all, not with WinTV6 or

DVBViewer. I think there might be something wrong with the driver when

it comes to handling QAM128 muxes. In Oulu network the parameters for

normal channels are QAM128 with Symbol Rate of 6875. In Kemi network

the parameters are QAM 128 with Symbol Rate of 6900. And those

channels are not working at all.

For what it's worth, after I couldn't get the 930C working in the Kemi

network, I brought it to Oulu and replaced the tuner in Kemi with

Terratec Cinergy HTC USB XS HD and it worked perfectly in the Kemi

network. I've understood that both the Cinergy HTC and 930c use the

same chipset. So this does seem like a driver problem.

So my question is, have you noticed or heard of problems or can you

test the 930c behaviour in QAM128 network? Is there a driver update

coming, or how soon could you release a updated driver? I'd really

want to get my 930c tuner working in cable network too. Assuming the

problem is related to QAM128, at the moment 930c is pretty obsolete in

cable networks in Finland because majority of the networks use QAM128

modulation.