Where do I get a copy of DVBViewer?

Cyberpro60

Perhaps some kind soul can help me!

I have been trying, without success for quite some time, to get hold of a copy of DVBViewer to test.

I am under the impression that there are two versions (one free and one that costs). Is this right?

If not, perhaps there is a trial or demo version as I don't want to pay for something that doesn't work on my system.

Either way, I have to say that this DVBViewer website is singularly lacking in any sensible information about how to download the program (other than pay for it) and that's a VERY big discouragement to bothering about the program. Personally, I wouldn't have bothered except that a good friend recommended this software.

afaik there is no demo version of DVBViewer available

if you want to test your DVB / ATSC Card with DVBViewer you have to use the free available Transedit Tool

from FAQ:

Question 8:

Is there a demo version to test if my DVB Card is working?

There is no demo version available, but you can test this with the Transedit Tool!

TransEdit ist a tool to administrate and update your channel lists. The free available version is some sort of technology demonstation in order to show you if the DVBViewer is able to deal with your DVB Card, while scanning works like charm and the save as well as the preview function are disabled.

You can't get a trial version of this software. But I guarantee you will find it the best DVB software you will use.

Definitely worth the reasonable price.

:blush: (And, no, I don't work for these guys. I'm just one of their very satisfied users.)

Perhaps some kind soul can help me!

I have been trying, without success for quite some time, to get hold of a copy of DVBViewer to test.

I am under the impression that there are two versions (one free and one that costs). Is this right?

If not, perhaps there is a trial or demo version as I don't want to pay for something that doesn't work on my system.

Either way, I have to say that this DVBViewer website is singularly lacking in any sensible information about how to download the program (other than pay for it) and that's a VERY big discouragement to bothering about the program. Personally, I wouldn't have bothered except that a good friend recommended this software.

If your good friend recomended it, then why not use the 15 euro?

Come on, 15 euro is the same price you pay for a good magazine. Do you read a magazine before you buy it?

By the way: DVBViewer is a very good piece of SW. I can recomend it. The only problem is that it is very advanced, and therefore can be dificult to configure it, but most problems are described and solved in the forum.

Thanks for the quick feedback folks albeit with disappointing news.

As a matter of principal I never purchase any software sight unseen. The reason I don't is that I have been caught out in the past with software that didn't work as expected or where the support was non-existent or nearly so (and often from fairly big and supposedly reliable companies). I have also discovered that software that one person can run without problems on their machine sometimes just won't run on my system for a variety of reasons.

So thanks but no thanks! I will wait to visit my friend house to see how it runs on his setup and probable do a test install on my own machine (a laptop) using his login details (illegal I know) to see how well it runs. If everything goes ok than I will be happy to remove my test copy and purchase a legitimate copy especially considering that the price is quite reasonable. Failing that I will try ProgDVB or some of the other offerings that do provide test installations before requiring you to pay.

Edited by Cyberpro60

Download transedit and see if transedit can works with your DVB card.

If it does, then DVBViewer will work also on your system.

I've tried many DVB software, both under linux distro as windows..from free to the expensive Welton way media center , all worked fine but some have tot much limitations, other have all but are huge so take long to start and one is simply too expensive compared to the given functions.

DVBViewer starts fast and has huge configurable settings, very nice plugins , several OSD screens or not that difficult to create your own OSD layout.

And if there is a problem, You may expect a solution rather fast on these forums.

15 euro's is not much for DVBViewer and allows later updates, access to pre-defined osd screens, plugins, source of some additional tools, beta version of DVBViewer etc.

Conclusion: if DVBViewer would be louzy then sure not soo many people would use DVBViewer as long as you post a support.zip within the question.

You need : DVBViewer+decent mpeg decoder software (cyberlinks ain't bad), at least one DVB card with or without CAM and valid smartcard, best a videocard that supports

hardware acceleration (DXVA) or if not a fast CPU. WindowsXP is enough.

Your test copy?

Illegal versions of DVBViewer will *never* run stable.

Edited by Benarty

I got hold of a copy of DVBViewer and it installed and worked just fine on everything I tried so I paid out my money for a "fully legit" copy.

Unfortunately I haven't received a response from DVBViewer as yet (except for Paypal confirmation) so I guess I won't be getting a response "within the hour" as the website indicates! A little disappointing but hey ....

Whilst I am patiently waiting to get my copy of the latest version can somebody please explain this discrepency?

The website says:

"What are the main advantages (of the paid version) over the free version? No time limit, enhanced recording abilities (MPG, M2V, MP2, TS), FREE updates. As a registered user you will get access to a private section of the website. From this page, the order process is protected by a secure connection (SSL). Your personal data will be encrypted and cannot be accessed by third parties. "

however others in this thread insisted that there was no "Demo" or "Trial" copy! What gives here? Either the website is correct or the people in the forum !!!!

Either the website is correct or the people in the forum !!!!

If you check out at the website the current version is DVBViewer 3.9.4. and in the forum the current version is DVBViewer 4.2.1.

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=35263

What is correct? The forum is the better source for informations. The website is outdated in many parts.

The "free versions" means the special version which are bundled with some TV cards (DVBViewer Technisat Edition, DVBShop.TV Player, DVBViewer FireDTV Edition, DVBViewer TechnoTrend Edition).

Again : You can download transedit on the download page.

If Transedit can work with your DVB card, then DVBViewer will also work.

There are NO demo versions, trial versions of DVBViewer.

And indeed, website is a bit outdated but I rather have the developers working with the DVBViewer software instead of working dailoy on the DVBViewer website.

So, the only valid info is found here on these forums.

If you have a digital everywhere card (floppy/fireDTV) then the software that ships with these cards is in fact based on DVBViewer (which version no clue)

And 15 euro is cheap, both for the application as all the updates and the info found on these forums.

And 15 euro is cheap, both for the application as all the updates and the info found on these forums
...not to mention the mess of plugins, add-on and modded version you also are entitled with the same 15€...

;)

reason for edit: big gram mistake

Edited by Gioxy
You need : DVBViewer+decent mpeg decoder software (cyberlinks ain't bad), at least one DVB card with or without CAM and valid smartcard, best a videocard that supports

hardware acceleration (DXVA) or if not a fast CPU. WindowsXP is enough.

Off-topic, but what other MPEG decoders do you recommend? (I'm currently using the Cyberlink one).

@Cyberpro60 - Your patience will pay off. This software is great ;)

Hi,

I'm happy to pay he 15 Euros because I think the dBVViewer is very powerful. I managed to download a copy and try it but it kept shutting off after 5 to 10 miutes. I deleted it and now I can't find where I got it from, but as I've read more about it I realise I was probably using some sort of test copy.

Anyway I want to download the full copy, but the only download sites I can find are torrent type sites, and I have a feeling they're not - uh how shall I put this - genueine copies.

I assumme you download the product, send in your registration with the money, and receive the product key by email. But can anyone give me a download site?

Thanks

Technomannz

There is only one place for downloading the DVBViewer Pro the Members Section.

http://www.DVBViewer.com/members/

But make sure you remove everything related to the stolen copy form your pc.

Thank you for the link, but when I tried to go there it wouldn't accept my user name and password. Do I have to register seperately to the members area?

Technomannz

In the email you get when you buy DVBViewer there's a username and password, that one can be used for both registration of the software as access to the members area.

There is only one place for downloading the DVBViewer Pro the Members Section.

http://www.DVBViewer.com/members/

But make sure you remove everything related to the stolen copy form your pc.

Thanks for that.

I have paid the money and I am now waiting for the email from DVBViewer giving my user name and password.

With regard to the old installation, I did a system restore and I'm hoping this will effectively delete the installation.

Also, when you get the proper official verrsion, is it error free? I kept some error about class not registered and the message boards seemed to suggest I needed to register filters - I hope this isn't necessary with the proper version.

Tecnnomannz

I hope this isn't necessary with the proper version.

Normally no problems with the legal version and if so you get a wonderful support here in this forum.

I needed to register filters - I hope this isn't necessary with the proper version
The only "filter" that aren't included with the registered version and can trigger that error are the DirectX filter needed for MPEG Audio/Video decompression...

For the video part you can use the ones that comes with every DVD Player (excluded the latest PowerDVD version that wasn't usable with thirdy party sw) or maybe with your video card driver/app, or you can download the freeware ffdshow filters that's good for either MPEG2, MPEG-4, DivX, H.264, FLV1 and a lot more... it include also various video postprocessing effects...

For the audio part you can use the one that came with FFDshow, or (especially if you have an evoluted audio on your PC) the AC3Filter

:bye:

• 2 weeks later...

"Trial" version of DVBViewer can be found on some warez and hackers site. Sometines they come with troyans inside. None of them is working properly. But I didn't buy official version until cracked 4.1.1 showed me russian EPG in pure russian language, not in abra-kadabra like 3.9.4 and earlier. Even if it worked only 30 seconds it was enough to take a decision to buy or not to buy. So, it's alwais worth to try before buy. And it's very bad that there is no official demo.

One thing to do this, but to write this in the official forum? ;)

What if it dont work becaus the cracking thing doesnt do it, but the official did it?

However, if you have the official 3.9.4 you could "test" the new version cost free!

If there was official demo i wouldnn't have to mess up with viruses and troyans ;)

4.2.1 works fine and i dont want to bother working system.

If I could see that EPG is displayed correctly i would buy official version a year ago.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the ordering page, a free version does exist. Personally, I gave up looking for it and after having tried the free DVB-T viewers I could find and decided none of them were any good, I too the risk an bought DVBViewer. Fortunately it worked (most of it) and I do like it. That is not to say there are some thing missing and/or unexplained (even when asking about it), but the important parts of it work fine.

Quote from the ordering page:

What are the main advantages over the free version?

No time limit,enhanced recording abilities (MPG, M2V, MP2, TS), FREE updates.

If there is a free/trial version of DVBViewer, it is hidden very well.

Quote from the ordering page:

If there is a free/trial version of DVBViewer, it is hidden very well.

then read this part of the Website in the german section, there is the right text, it means the Versions bundleld with Hardware from Technisat etc, in german there is no speeking over free Version, only bundleld Versions.

PeterF