Help! Error 0x80040218

lsasus

I'm beginner of computer, I have installed and first run the latest Dvdviewer and I get the error message: ;)

"Cannot render mediafile/output pin 0x8004218, Error: No Combination of Filters Can Be Found To Render The Stream"

Anyone can help me to fix the problems?

OS - Vista 32bite

Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 (2.4GHZ)

4GB DDRs SDRAM

512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD4570

PowerDVD DX

Amazepc USB HDTV Stick Mini DMB8G75

You should post your support.zip, but it seems you haven´t installed proper direct show filters....

First go to the options->directx section

Here you can choose one of the installed filters

First explain exactly what you´re doing, which type of media (Live-TV, Mediaplayback, which type of media...) and post your support.zip

My NoteBook Config. Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHZ

OS/Vista 32Bit

4G DDR RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD4570 (512M)

Amazepc HDTV USB Stick

PowerDVD 9 (Trial Version)

Now it's work after re-installing the graphic card driver.

In the DVBViewer-Option-DirectX setting:

I selected: MPEG 2 Video Decoder: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9)

H.264Video Decoder: CoreAVC Video Decoder

Video Vender: VMR 7 Video Mixing Render

But in H.264Video Decoder selection, I couldn't find PowerDVD 9 Decoder thus I checked CoreAVC Video Decoder.

I would like to know...Does PowerDVD 9 support H.264 and how to open PowerDVD decoder as hardware acceleration for HD?

& Does my graphic card - ATI Mobility Radeon HD4570 support hardware acceleration.

Please help!!

post-84472-1249141784_thumb.jpg

Looks like there is no PowerDVD h264 codec installed. This can be normal becaus not all PowerDVD Versions have the h264 included.

See here for details: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd...tail_en_US.html

If you want change your powerDVD to one with h264 be aware that not all new versions codecs work with other software (e.g. DVBV). Use search or google to find out what is working and what not.

Core AVC is ok for h264, if problems with it you also have installed ffdshow that also is with h264.

Afaik core AVC is not with hardware acceleration, ffdshow is sure without it.

PowerDVD has hardware acceleration (must be aktivated - when playing tv rightklick in window -->viewe --> filters --> Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9)

in the opening window check the dxva box)

And yes, your graphic supports it.

Offtopic: If there is a partition other than C: is available so please use that for standard recording folder and your set c:..... for reserves.

Edited by Devastation

Thanks!

I already installed PowerDVD8 with supporting H.264.

Now the questions is ..........While watching HDTV program, a lag happened frequency at every 5~6 Seconds.

with PowerDVD Codec I assume.

What with the coreAVC? Same problem?

And with the ffdshow?

If the problem is on all 3 Codecs:

What is the framerate of the monitor and what of the TV programm?

Any discontinuities (view -> filter -> dvbsource)?

What if doing a hdtv recording and watch the record?

Yes, I tried all of those codecs alreay.

But the outcome was no good.

Sometimes it was running with a crack while watching HD TV program (1080).

Sometimes it was lag in a second......

And the DVBVIEW-recording is also malfunction.

My notebook with 15"LED display at 1366 x 768 32bite at 60Hz.

What is the framerate of the monitor and what of the TV programm?

Any discontinuities (view -> filter -> dvbsource)?

Please check in Options -> recordings -> write log file and write extended log file.

So there will be with every recording saved a log file. Maybe there can something be seen.

I had a similar problem with BBCHD - Audio would lag, and then dropout altogether for a second. When it returned, it would be back in sync but would drift again.

Changing the H.264 codec solved the problem - I am fairly sure that problem codec was a Cyberlink PDVD8 codec.

When I switched to the Cyberlink codec that came with the satellite card (a terratec) it solved the problem completely. It seems odd that they were both cyberlink codecs, but C'est la vie!! (Does that break the english only posting rule? :))

Edited by Cian