MHEG-5 support, we need your help

hackbart

Good question, i did not testet it, but if it is possible to receive it might be easier to implement the streaming :)

Christian

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hackbart

• dvbrewer

• uglyned

• mobiwan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just let me know if you need any help, If required I can also give you acces to my dvb server at home via remotedesktop or vnc. (sattelite limited to astra 1 2 and 3)

Edited by amontillado

Not needed yet, the iplayer application is received from the internet. This means that i do not need any physical ability to get a live stream via sat :)

I made a small video which shows the current state:

Christian

This is great work.

I'm currently 'borrowing' a Humax Fox T2 DVB-T2 set top box.

I noticed in between programmes, when a trailer for another programme was on, a 'Book this programme' MHEG application appear at the top of the screen. If I press green when it's displayed I get a choice of possible programmes (ie SD version, HD version) and if I choose one it gets sent to the planner.

Have you come across this in the testing? Or is it just a Humax thing? I know Sky do something similar on their non-MHEG UK platform.

572302BBCRadio3.png

I think MHEG was turned on but the radio and not video.Unfortunately BBC Radio{1,2,3,..} lets you listen to a few moments and then sends you on their site as seen from the picture.What it means to put yourself in the hands of others {MHEG}: you do not have access to what is FTA on satellite.That thing amuses me...

I do not know how to activate-where is green button?-the screensaver to listen to BBC radio but not on their site but the satellite.Of course if you sign up on BBC site you listen from their web.Now I have to disable MHEG to listen BBC Radio on satellite.I must admit that I rushed to buy MHEG. It was not worth taking now.Maybe someone can convince me the opposite.

Mheg can control the audio, could you start the DVBViewer with -Debug and provide the Support information? I disabled the Audio control in the next release, except the mute command.

Yes, I started with Debug DVBViewer.Same results for BBC radio:no sound & screensaver noactivate.If you are talking about files ending in .c{avfilter.c;v412.c,vf_crop.c,etc},then I can see them.

• 8 months later...

Not needed yet, the iplayer application is received from the internet. This means that i do not need any physical ability to get a live stream via sat :)

I made a small video which shows the current state:

Christian

Sorry to bother, but how exactly do you watch iplayer?

Can you get mheg streams without a device, just from internet?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Disappointed to see that the problems with MHEG continue with the latest version.

I also now get an error when trying to run iPlayer that iPlayer does not support the platform I'm using.

Are you going to address the MHEG issues or have you moved on?

• 1 month later...

There are some new MHEG-IC services on the UK DVB-T platform.

Currently they don't seem to work and show the following MHEG screens.

post-125233-0-77619000-1337161335_thumb.jpg

post-125233-0-32467800-1337161344_thumb.jpg

The messages are around not being compatible or not being connected to the internet.

Is there still work ongoing around the MHEG-IC?

• 2 weeks later...

I have also noticed that when the MHEG-IC is enabled in the setup.xml, the MHEG applications on the BBC radio channels launch incorrectly.

Instead of loading the graphic and programme information:

post-125233-0-42082100-1338560959_thumb.jpg

It launches a generic BBC Red Button page:

post-125233-0-68287200-1338560977_thumb.jpg

I think so. It seems to me that the DVBViewer MHEG engine does not support UK satellite or terrestrial MHEG and not only does it display bugs and problems when handling MHEG, but it also makes the DVBViewer OSD interface buggy and unpredictable too.

These things happen - I can live with it - I gave up on the MHEG engine and uninstalled it many months ago - but I would like a statement from the developers, just to say 'we're not developing this any more' and at least make it final.

Edited by uglyned

I agree with UglyNed (who I'm sure is very pretty really...) - it was interesting to play with but it never really worked and that's down to the 3rd party who made the add-on rather than the DVBViewer devs who did their best with it. MHEG5 in the UK isn't very exciting anyway, not even as good as the Teletext it replaced, IMHO.

Edited by SimonP

I agree with UglyNed (who I'm sure is very pretty really...) - it was interesting to play with but it never really worked and that's down to the 3rd party who made the add-on rather than the DVBViewer devs who did their best with it. MHEG5 in the UK isn't very exciting anyway, not even as good as the Teletext it replaced, IMHO.

Is it not working in Windows Media Center though, in which case it must be possible to get it to work OK.

Edited by dvbrewer