Can't input frequency like "4125.5 MHz" in TransEdit or

ter9999

The TransEdit and DVBViewer Channel Editor can't input freqencies like "4125.5 MHz", it will becom "4126 MHz" automatically.

This is not good for weak and low symbol rate signals.

This .5 like frequency transponders are common in Asia satellites, but DVBViewer suite don't support this, please add the support!

Thanks much!!

• 3 weeks later...
The TransEdit and DVBViewer Channel Editor can't input freqencies like "4125.5 MHz", it will becom "4126 MHz" automatically.

This is not good for weak and low symbol rate signals.

This .5 like frequency transponders are common in Asia satellites, but DVBViewer suite don't support this, please add the support!

Thanks much!!

Actually the .5 frequency doesn't matter, as every LNB may have different LOF even they are the same model. Even I didn't tried to use DVBViewer to lock on low symbol rate signals, I had tried to use a FTA receiver without decimal frequency setting to lock on the CTS IQ (12638V2200 on 88.0E), and surely it worked.

I wonder if there are such low symbol rate signals that require the accuracy of frequency to 1 decimal places?

(Off topic: I am the one in sat-china forum)

Edited by Kenny Lam

My Hauppauge Nova S2 HD catches the low symbol rate transponder 10830 H, SR 3333 on Hotbird 13° East within a range of +/- 4 MHz.

A DVB-S receiver must have a certain catch range that compensates a drift of the LNB oscillator frequency (due to LNB ageing or LNB temperature). I don't know how DVB-S tuners catch frequencies, but it seems to be a hardware thing. In the web I've found

a fine tuner step grid is necessary when low symbol rates are to be received.

...so I guess it depends on a sufficient "frequency granularity" applied by the tuner when it comes to catching low symbol rate transponders.