The HVR-4000 is searching HD channels problem

esenpinar

Hi all,

I have bougth the HVR-4000 at last week, I have been using the DVBViewer 4.2.1, I had make installation to it, but, it was been searching channels the Astra (19 degree) satellite or Turksat (42 degree) satellite that not found any HD channels , can you help me pls,?

It depends on the transponder lists that are stored in the DVBViewer configuration folder\transponders subdirectory (see About Menu -> Configuration Folder in DVBViewer). For receiving DVB-S2 transponders with Hauppauge cards the parameters FEC, Modulation and Pilot Symbols must be set correctly. If the transponder lists that you are using don't contain these parameters, scanning DVB-S2 transponders doesn't deliver any results.

The transponder list for Astra 19° East (0190.ini) that is installed with DVBViewer Pro 4.2.1 contains these parameters (the one for TurkSat 42° probably doesn't). You can check it by installing TransEdit (download from the members area) in the DVBViewer Pro installation directory. E.g. for 11362 H on Astra 19° East it should show FEC 2/3, Modulation 8PSK, Pilot Symbols on. If yes, try scanning with TransEdit.

I don't know if this is related but ever since I installed win7 RTM x64, i have been unable to scan DVB-S2 transponders on 28e, either with DVBViewer or TransEdit. The card is a Hauppauge NOVA-HD-S2 with latest 88x_2_124_27191_SIGNED drivers. The slightly weird thing is that I can still watch HD channels that were previously scanned. If i get a chance, I'll drop the Vista HDD back in and check this out

It depends on the transponder lists that are stored in the DVBViewer configuration folder\transponders subdirectory (see About Menu -> Configuration Folder in DVBViewer). For receiving DVB-S2 transponders with Hauppauge cards the parameters FEC, Modulation and Pilot Symbols must be set correctly. If the transponder lists that you are using don't contain these parameters, scanning DVB-S2 transponders doesn't deliver any results.

The transponder list for Astra 19° East (0190.ini) that is installed with DVBViewer Pro 4.2.1 contains these parameters (the one for TurkSat 42° probably doesn't). You can check it by installing TransEdit (download from the members area) in the DVBViewer Pro installation directory. E.g. for 11362 H on Astra 19° East it should show FEC 2/3, Modulation 8PSK, Pilot Symbols on. If yes, try scanning with TransEdit.

Thank you very much your help, it is running very nice as give your knowlage

I don't know if this is related but ever since I installed win7 RTM x64, i have been unable to scan DVB-S2 transponders on 28e, either with DVBViewer or TransEdit. The card is a Hauppauge NOVA-HD-S2 with latest 88x_2_124_27191_SIGNED drivers. The slightly weird thing is that I can still watch HD channels that were previously scanned. If i get a chance, I'll drop the Vista HDD back in and check this out

I also have the same issue with my technotrend S2-3650 and it won't scan in both vista or windows 7 RTM 32 bit.

For 28e you need to make sure the HD Transponders are set to SR 29500, FEC 3/4, Modulation QPSK, Pilot Symbols off in TransEdit. Remember to Apply the changes before attempting a scan. You'll need to copy the resulting 282.ini to the program folder as well

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Our Aparment admin construted new central satellite Antenna system, same problem has been occured again, could you pls help me to correct to problem?

Thanks in advance.

Hauppauge and DVBViewer is not a happy connection:(

HVR 4000 not work with some DVB-S2 transponders.

This is my problem: http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=36746

I still wait to version DVBViewer worked properly with Hauppauge HVR 4000.

I Use HVR 4000 on windows 7 x64 since RC1 of win7 and have never had any problems with scanning any channels. HD is a problem if you are using the very old transponder lists supplied with DVBViewer.

Check for new trasponder list at . http://www.fastsatfinder.com/transponders.html

Use Transedit to verify that the transponder is correct against http://en.kingofsat.net/

Make sure you are running latest drivers. http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/support/su...ll.html?prod=13

Good luck and a merry X-mas

Edited by SpooZ
Hauppauge and DVBViewer is not a happy connection

No problems here under XP with a Nova S2 HD. The Nova S2 HD and HVR 4000 hardware/drivers are identical, as far as it concerns DVB-S/S2. However, some posts suggest that there are problems under Windows 7 resp. with the Hauppauge drivers for Windows 7. Please read from here (someone got it solved by installing an old driver version):

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...st&p=275589

Up to now it's not clear what causes these problems. I'm still waiting fore feedback that clarifies it somehow. It may be worth to play a bit with the hardware settings, particularly "Stop stream while tuning" and "Direct Tuning" on/off (resp. "use standard interface" in TransEdit).

if you are using the very old transponder lists supplied with DVBViewer.

The transponder lists shipped with DVBViewer Pro 4.2.1 are up-to-date.

Check for new trasponder list at...

The FastSatFinder transponder lists don't contain the modulation & pilot symbols parameter that are required for Hauppauge cards (I've just checked it). The KingOfSat transponder lists contain the modulation (only the latest DVBViewer Pro Beta is able to read it from KingOfSat lists), but not pilot symbols on/off.

@Spooz: Please explain in detail how you made it work with these transponder lists. Without modifying them they are not usable for Hauppauge cards & DVB-S2 under XP.

@Spooz: Please explain in detail how you made it work with these transponder lists. Without modifying them they are not usable for Hauppauge cards & DVB-S2 under XP.

I have used FastSatFinder transponder lists as a base and then manually corrected the HD transponder parameters (i use Thor and Sirius) to the specified values that are listed on KingOfSat.

But nowdays maybe transedits autouppdate function fixes that? (Deepscan of transponders)

The easies way to fix a non functional transponder is to manually edit and scan in transedit until it works. Sometimes modifying the Frequency by - or + 1 can make the channel appear.

Edited by Griga
useless quoting removed
But nowdays maybe transedits autouppdate function fixes that?

It depends on the NIT:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/TransEdit%2...indow.html#Scan

but the NIT does not contain the pilot symbols parameter, and even on Astra and Hotbird the NIT is sometimes wrong, as I've experienced. So I wouldn't rely too much on it.

BTW: Please only quote relevant parts of the previous post that you are replying to, not uselessly the whole of it.