nVIDIA decoder and Flickering

rapper

I am using the nVIDIA decoder for Video rendering :wub: . It's a very fast decoder, but I got some Flickering at the edges of the screen :D . This problem does not affect Intervideo. But I want to use NVIDIA because of it's high quality deinterlacing and decoding. Can anybody tell me how to avoid FLICKERING at the edges of the screen. My monitor is 800 x 600 pixel / 75 hz refresh rate.

Please HELP ;)

which settings you made in the options of this decoder? Have you made the registry entry for additionally options?

which settings you made in the options of this decoder?  Have you made the registry entry for additionally options?

my settings:

1. Video deinterlacing

2. deinterlacing mode: best available

3. hardware acceleration enabled

I am not using any modification to the registry, can you tell me which modifications coul help me? :wub:

but I got some Flickering at the edges of the screen

I use the same settings, but it doesn't occur on my PC. I think it is due to deinterlacing (some price you have to pay) in conjunction with your graphics card/monitor. Already tried a driver update?

You also may try the following workaround: Go to Settings/Zoom in the DVBViewer and adjust the horizontal/vertical picture size, so that the flickering parts get outside of the visible area.

Griga

First of all, I want to THANK YOU for your valuable help.

Second, I am using the latest drivers and my card is GEFORCE2 MX/MX400 32Mb RAM.

My monitor is not so good: BELINEA 15".

Is there any modification in the registry that can help

Hi rapper,

I have the same card, and if you see something flickering it means that your card ISN'T de-interlacing anything...

Take in mind that with the various DVBViewer setting's "Render Output" you can greatly modify the quality of vision and the possibility to de-interlace, that, most important, are dependent on which version of the NVidia DVD codec (NVDVD) is installed in you PC... (I have 2.27)

From the NVDVD user-guide(NVDVD site) :

------------------------

De-Interlace Control

• Automatic - (Default) NVDVD Player reads the source type and automatically selects video or film mode, depending on the source.
  • Film - Forces film mode and does not apply de-interlacing.
  • Video - Forces video mode and applies de-interlacing. Choose this option if you see combing or feathering artifacts in the DVD track.

De-Interlace Mode Choose the de-interlacing mode to use.

• Best Available - (Default) Let NVDVD Player read the source type to see if it is video or film. If it is video, NVDVD applies the best de-interlacing method (see description below), based on the graphics capabilities of your system.
  • Display Fields Separately - This method creates a complete frame from each field. Playback is at field rates (60 Hz). For video that consists of fast movements or panning, this method avoids combing or feathered artifacts, but with some loss of image quality.
  • Combine Fields - This method combines both fields into one frame. Playback is at frame rates (30 Hz). For video that consists of minimal movement, this method
    provides the best image quality.
  • Blend Fields - Not available on all systems. This method combines sequential fields with a smoothing filter to generate de-interlaced frames. Playback is at frame rates (30 Hz).
  • Adaptive - Not available on all systems. This method blends the moving sections of the image and combines the non-moving sections. Playback can be at field rate (60 Hz) or frame rate (30 Hz).

The following VMR de-interlacing modes are dependent on system capabilites

• VMR Default
  • VMR Pixel Adaptive
  • VMR Median Filter
  • VMR Vertical Stretch

------------------------------

And here are one interesting add-on registry value:

in <<HKLM\Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Filters\Audio>>

and in <<HKLM\Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Filters\Video>>

add a DWORD Value named <<EnablePropPage>> and set it to <<1>>

...a lot of addictional "property page" will be added to the NVDVD property page...

Cheers

Gioxy

Edited by Gioxy

You are know in which forum you are?

You can build this kind of graph simply with graphedit.

Steffen

I had the same problem.

After installing the LATEST Nvidia Display Drivers (Force Ware) everything looks fine...

now I'm VERY happy :-)

mfg Moses

I think the pretty new NVidia ForceWare:

Version: 56.64

Release Date: March 15, 2004

driver XP/2K page

Release Highlights:

• Adds support for GeForce 5700 and GeForce 5700 Ultra
  • Microsoft® DirectX® 9 and OpenGL® 1.5 support
  • Supports application profiles for custom image quality and performance modes for all of your applications and games.
  • NVIDIA nView 3.5 Multi-display technology
  • Advanced Microsoft® Internet Explorer® popup blocker
  • Industries only Display Gridlines technology
  • Improved HDTV Y Pr Pb component out support for 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i formats**
  • For a complete list of compatibility fixes please consult the v56.64 Release Notes below
  • Updated March 16: English WHQL driver now posted

Release Notes (v56.64) (.pdf 924Kb)

Display Properties User's Guide (v56.64) (.pdf 7.26Mb)

...on a first quick test I noticed:

• a new property page to fine control the refresh syncronization

• a simpler way to manage "per program settings"

• I'm not so sure, but it seem to me that is a little bit less cpu consuming...

Cheers

Gioxy